[3.8] The Kingsguard - LL Aurabot Dominating Blow Summoner Tank - Uber Elder and Atziri, Delve 600+

I'm fairly new to the game and trying this build. I finally got Shavronnes Wrappings and am wondering how you get so many red sockets on it. I've done a few hundred chromatics and the best I've gotten is two. Is there something I'm missing, or are they just that hard to get?
"
the AG set up can be quite costly, is there anything we can use to replace AG?

If you're working with one that is already 6 linked your best bet is using the "at least 3 red sockets" crafting bench option and praying for that 4th or 5th one (i just go with 4 red and use frenzy for the second blue socket), but if you're not already linked your best bet is going to be to make it a 4 socket, use the 3 red recipe, and if the 4th isnt red, use the 3 socket recipe, then 4 socket recipe, repeat until that 4th socket is red. If you want the 5th to be red as well, you can repeat those steps with 4-5 but it will cost even more jewelers. after you've gotten your 4/5 red sockets just use the 6 socket recipe to get your remaining blue sockets on the end, and throw fusings at it for the 6-link.

If you don't know what recipes I'm talking about, more info can be found at: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crafting_Bench#Niko_-_Socket_Crafts
Tempus Fugit
Last edited by Shiken on Oct 22, 2019, 3:12:59 PM
Thank you so much :D <3
Dear Paleclaw, thank you very much for this build guide. I pretty much followed it from league-start to level 100 and 40/40. Although switching from Life to ES felt a bit hard to me, I managed to do map after map until I could affort going LL as well. The defense is huge and I am a very loved Partymember, too, thanks to all the auras I provide.

This is the first build where I really used Anmiate Guardian. I went with the cheap setup up to level 99, when I had the currency to buy the 10ex armor and the 2ex weapon for it. It saved me numerous times from -10% penalty and so I think it was a good investment. After reaching level 100 I run some more risky maps and lost the AG - didn't even notice, but everything died except me :D
Now I'm running with the cheap setup again, as expected there's no real difference in damage, only in defense. I will, whenever I play minions now, have an AG with me.
"
Sirus_J wrote:
I'm fairly new to the game and trying this build. I finally got Shavronnes Wrappings and am wondering how you get so many red sockets on it. I've done a few hundred chromatics and the best I've gotten is two. Is there something I'm missing, or are they just that hard to get?

I appreciate the replies to my previous question. I am now level 87 and have my Wrappings 5 linked off-color. I'm now trying to figure out how to get the last aura active. I don't have enough life to activate my Determination Aura. Is this because I'm not a high enough level to be able to use it, or am I missing something gear-wise? I don't have any of my skill gems corrupted to 21 yet, does that have anything to do with it? I've even tried respecing a few points into life passives and still can't get the aura to be usable. What am I doing wrong?
I think the problem is that you don't have a level 21 blood magic. It reduces the mana (life) multiplier, making it easier for you to use another aura. Try placing a leveling 21 blood magic in the PoB of your char and see if you can reserve the aura.
Unfortunately, having a 21 Blood Magic at 20% still doesn't allow me to use Determination...
"
Sirus_J wrote:
Unfortunately, having a 21 Blood Magic at 20% still doesn't allow me to use Determination...

Then you might need more levels to get higher base HP. Are you using Precision with blood magic? It might be too high level as its HP reservation is dependent on gem level.
Filthy casual here.

Fun build, good guide. Played to 93 and cleared all content on a 6ish EX budget. Plus insanely fast leveling.
I think I went LL in the low 80s. There's quite a bit of flexibility in the early endgame. If you need to save up, a 5 link chest goes pretty far and you can put HoP in your gloves (+duration gems for some cheap extra damage) and skip determination for most of mapping. Would recommend fossil crafting your own claw, it'll be much cheaper than market. Also ended up going with the budget AG, fortify on WB, and a two-link raise zombie to help cleanup and some taunt.

For Uber Elder I replaced AG with enduring cry for some extra burst regen. Budget watcher's eye with faster start of ES Regen discipline, along with vaal discipline, and upgraded Arakaali along with enduring cry and sulfur flask made for sufficient ES Regen in a pinch.
Last edited by kamck39 on Dec 2, 2019, 10:55:22 AM
I'm really torn between playing this build again for 3.9 or trying something new... At least I know I have something to fall back on if I don't end up liking any other builds, I feel like this one is going to be my favorite for a long time.
Tempus Fugit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info