[3.8] The Kingsguard - LL Aurabot Dominating Blow Summoner Tank - Uber Elder and Atziri, Delve 600+

Still loving this build, and finding it works even better for Blight than it did in Legion. Couple questions;

1) getting the proper shavronnes seems to be by far the hardest part of making the transition to ES and being able to actually reserve health for auras. For the budget build, would using a Solaris Lorica until you can afford a Shavronne's be a good idea?

2) I often find that my minions are killing things before I can even hit them, and minions doing the kills doesnt summon Herald of Purity minions. Should I be worried about that at all or is it just the way it goes?

3) would any of the new minion supports be more worth to socket than previous supports? I've been trying meat shield with my animate guardian just to make it more tanky and stay close to me for its buffs and it seems to be working well. I'm not sure how much benefit feeding frenzy provides

4) we can have 3 spectres now instead of 2 (unless i just never noticed last league and only summoned 2/3), would it be best to go with 3 frenzy charge minions, or mix and match some? if so, what would be helpful to mix in?

Keep up the great work this is honestly the first build I've enjoyed enough to actually take into the lategame!
Tempus Fugit
"
ii_nevets wrote:
How does this do with endgame content? I saw before you sadi minions just died at elder but with the rework does ti work better? also would Infernal legion work well with Dom Blow and Minion instab. Not sure what the final hp values comes out to but could amke for some aoe time bombs. or drop MI and with such high res and life regen mayeb they out heal the burn from infernal legion.

Yeah minions don't have problems with Uber Elder anymore. End game isn't a problem. Interesting idea with infernal legion and MI, would have to take the build in another direction (Focus on Fire debuffs rather than phys) but it could be good.

"
Nice build so far.
Some questions though i'm playing it solo self found i don't think i will accumulate enough chromatics to get the shav colors? is there a life based version please?

SSF is going to be a hard time I think! If you can get the uniques my advice is to pickup all them 6 sockets! Jewelers method is going to be much easier, especially on SSF, you can also go for Vorici Betrayal White Sockets. Feeding Frenzy support replacement brings it down to 4 OFF colors as well if you need (Damage is only very slightly less as the buff affects your other minions as well). Life based I would just continue on with the leveling tree.

"
Shiken wrote:
Still loving this build, and finding it works even better for Blight than it did in Legion. Couple questions;

1) getting the proper shavronnes seems to be by far the hardest part of making the transition to ES and being able to actually reserve health for auras. For the budget build, would using a Solaris Lorica until you can afford a Shavronne's be a good idea?

2) I often find that my minions are killing things before I can even hit them, and minions doing the kills doesnt summon Herald of Purity minions. Should I be worried about that at all or is it just the way it goes?

3) would any of the new minion supports be more worth to socket than previous supports? I've been trying meat shield with my animate guardian just to make it more tanky and stay close to me for its buffs and it seems to be working well. I'm not sure how much benefit feeding frenzy provides

4) we can have 3 spectres now instead of 2 (unless i just never noticed last league and only summoned 2/3), would it be best to go with 3 frenzy charge minions, or mix and match some? if so, what would be helpful to mix in?

Keep up the great work this is honestly the first build I've enjoyed enough to actually take into the lategame!

1) Solaris Lorica should be ok if you can get enough ES on your other pieces, I would say 5K ES at a minimum. Also creating a 5 Off color Shavrones yourself should work out to be about the same cost as buying a already 6 linked Shavronnes (on Average). You can go feeding frenzy for 4 off-colours which is really cheap. Still an expensive piece but not as much as some people think!

2) Yeah I've noticed this way more in 3.8! I don't think it is to much a problem as it means the DPS has increased significantly, so it should balance out. Bit of a catch 22, especially with nice supports like feeding frenzy. It's nice that my minions are actually killing things so fast but also prevents the creation of minions!

3) FYI I've updated the POB/Guide, meatshield isn't something I've tried but I imagine would be great as you've said, actually I'm keen to try this myself now. As mentioned feeding frenzy is a possible main link.

4) Actually we have 4! 21 Raise spectre has a base of 3+1 from the tree. I've gone two power and two frenzy apes. Another option is throwing 1 or 2 Kitava Heralds in the mix for more DPS if getting enough charges.

Hello, playing your build for the 2nd time and really enjoying it even more now. I've got few things to point out myself and maybe some questions too if you dont mind:

1) I tried switching energy from within jewel to healthy mind and I actually ended up with 40 more energy shield. (With clarity watcher's eye it's gonna be even better difference). Also I now have more than enough mana regen for dom blow and I could replace Soul Taker for The Scourge. I wonder if any other weapon would be cool too. Was thinking about Essentia Sanguis but its not worth it imo. For bossing we could use Advancing Fortress claw for even more tankiness.

2) I still wonder how frenzy spectres work? I have 3 atm and I still find myself in situations when they are just not casting often enough and the frenzy charges fall off. Does Blood magic on them make them cast that faster? Or what is the point of Blood magic on spectres? Planning on getting lvl21 gem asap for fourth spectre.

3) Determination is only really worth it if we have watcher's eye, or not? I'm thinking about switching determination to hatred since I dont use Brutality yet because I have only 5link with 3 offcolors atm...

Anyways your build is really great! Looking forward to get to the endgame :) only at T8/T9 maps atm and I cant even get to mobs before they die.
Can we get a picture of the new skill tree for 3.8 please
Can someone post a clearer gem setup, it's rather confusing what he has posted and on the pastebin.

"
rav3nspirit wrote:

2) I still wonder how frenzy spectres work? I have 3 atm and I still find myself in situations when they are just not casting often enough and the frenzy charges fall off. Does Blood magic on them make them cast that faster? Or what is the point of Blood magic on spectres? Planning on getting lvl21 gem asap for fourth spectre.

The chieftains have barely any mana thats why they can't cast frenzy very often, with blood magic they can spam it.
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
Last edited by Auxion on Sep 13, 2019, 10:14:11 PM
Hi. agreed regarding the gem setup. It is abit confusing.

Do we socket spectres or herald of purity into the hungry loop ring? (which is better?) and which links are best for each of them in the ring? Since HoP increases its mana reservation because of the links i suppouse its better to run spectres in the ring right? So i guess it will be Raise Spectres + Minion Life + Empower + Blood Magic + Maim in the hungry loop ring.

So for the HoP that is not socketed in the ring, do we just run it clean without links? I find it hard to fit extra links into my setup as there is too little space.
Do you think should follow this one or the Necro one? to start with it since im gonna start the league but i dont want to change any gear. i think it`s expensive right?
What weapon can I use until I can afford Soul Taker?
I would like to know which gems are exactly on each of the items listed. It's a little confusing since the list of gems and the gems on the list of equipment arent the same. Great build btw!
Last edited by Avril7 on Sep 14, 2019, 9:40:03 PM
The leveling trees in the PoB link are wrong. They are from the Queenguard build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info