[3.6] Speedy Melee Herald of Agony Occultist | ALL MAPS | ALL MODS | SHAPER VIABLE | LEAGUE STARTER

I am having mana issues. My HoA is taking 55% and Enfeeble aura is 35% leaving me with 10% mana to use. Any suggestions?
Currently level 66, pretty effective build as a league starter. Got some pretty decent gear; haven't had any issues thus far. For my first minion type build this one has been pretty fun, a lot of mobility and great defenses.

These gloves I got are a great asenath replacement got pretty lucky, was like 3c

Has anyone tried running this with the new Arakaali's Fang yet? I have been toying with a few different PoBs but would be interested to hear from anyone with firsthand experience.
I want to say thank you OP for this build. Best starter I ever hard.

I switched from MS armour to WO evasion and it's doing wonders. Here is POB. Mind you the build isn't done in any way shape or form (all gear solo self-found and over 20 points to go) but it's melting EVERYTHING.

Btw I would highly recommend grabbing Frigid Wake and get chaos resist on gear. Whitening isn't worth it. Not only it reduces only damage over time, but also stacks full after 15s, when everything is dead. Frigid gives you immunity to chill, freeze and 10% reduced hit damage. Combine it with enfeeble, temporal chain fortify and malediction (+ planned maddening presence) and you have pretty beefy defense layers.

https://pastebin.com/SQiKA2kD
Last edited by Sixtysan on Dec 20, 2018, 9:45:01 AM
"
Sixtysan wrote:
I switched from MS armour to WO evasion and it's doing wonders.

What is "MS" Armour and "WO" evasion?

p.s. I looked at your profile and while I can see (all?) your characters I can't see an occultist thats following this build. Am I missing something?
Last edited by zedzed_uk on Dec 20, 2018, 2:42:08 PM
"
cdnza wrote:
Has anyone tried running this with the new Arakaali's Fang yet? I have been toying with a few different PoBs but would be interested to hear from anyone with firsthand experience.

Check out Woolfio on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW-1B0xPUdx4ss5YZ-UNEtQ

Not specifically about HoAg - more about the summon spiders AND HoAg for the theming (20 small spiders and 1 big one). Unfortunately I think the "Fang" has just sky-rocketed in price :(
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
"
Sixtysan wrote:

p.s. I looked at your profile and while I can see (all?) your characters I can't see an occultist thats following this build. Am I missing something?

MS is molten strike. WO is winter orb.

So he’s using winter orb instead of molten strike for single target poison stacking.
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
"
Sixtysan wrote:

That's odd it should be there. Third one from the bottom.

I just tweaked some things, since I'm running a duration spell and evasion but the core tree still remains. Even managed to beat uber with this.

Altho crawler is dumb as rock and at this point, I think he's trying to kill me.
Last edited by Sixtysan on Dec 20, 2018, 9:18:54 PM
Sixtysan, sorry, but your build looks more like WO build, not HoA minion build. You use 6L for WO, you take the passives for elemental damage / spell damage /cast speed and Elemental Overload (useless for the minion) while your HoA only has +2 lvl from the helmet with two good support gems. Minion Speed Support Gem isn't great for HoA, because the crawler has very high attack speed at 40 stacks anyway. Vesuvius079 has a really good +3 lvl / minion damage helmet so it is on a par with 6-linked HoA.

Also you have only 60% chance to poision on hit with WO and it is bad for your HoA DPS too, because you need more time to reach 40 stacks and it is harder to keep them up. You'll have a problem with the maps with "Monsters have a 45 / 65 % chance to avoid Poison, Blind, and Bleeding" mod.
Last edited by Semarogin on Dec 21, 2018, 7:34:03 AM
"
Semarogin wrote:
Sixtysan, sorry, but your build looks more like WO build, not HoA minion build. You use 6L for WO, you take the passives for elemental damage / spell damage /cast speed and Elemental Overload (useless for the minion) while your HoA only has +2 lvl from the helmet with two good support gems. Minion Speed Support Gem isn't great for HoA, because the crawler has very high attack speed at 40 stacks anyway. Vesuvius079 has a really good +3 lvl / minion damage helmet so it is on a par with 6-linked HoA.

Also, you have only 60% chance to poison on hit with WO and it is bad for your HoA DPS too, because you need more time to reach 40 stacks and it is harder to keep them up. You'll have a problem with the maps with "Monsters have a 45 / 65 % chance to avoid Poison, Blind, and Bleeding" mod.

My WO 6L is a surge, duration, faster casting, poison, GMP. All for fast stacking and keeping a longer duration, so I don't need to stop by every few seconds.

All nodes that have elemental damage/spell damage also have cast speed, which is what I'm going for. Holy dominion has resists, global physical (for the crawler) and chance to apply an ailment. I was using EO in combination with EE for bossing (orb of storm). If the build looks like WO to you, well it is, because all WO build are taking duration.

I don't have minion speed for attack speed, but for movement speed. Crawler is very slow and this helps immensely. Of course, I don't have 3+ minion damage helmet, I told you this is SSF and nowhere near done.

60% with WO GMP is more than enough. I can get 40 stacks just from a single pack, that keeps refreshing. Remember that WO lasts 10 seconds.
Last edited by Sixtysan on Dec 21, 2018, 8:44:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info