[3.6] Speedy Melee Herald of Agony Occultist | ALL MAPS | ALL MODS | SHAPER VIABLE | LEAGUE STARTER

"
Sixtysan wrote:
If the build looks like WO to you, well it is, because all WO build are taking duration.
Of course, I don't have 3+ minion damage helmet, I told you this is SSF and nowhere near done.

But this guide is for HoA minion build. I thought you suppose to scale your minion damage as much as you can in the minion build, so using 6L for WO instead of HoA looks very strange for me :) But you can play as you wish, I won't argue with you.
"
Sixtysan wrote:
Holy dominion has resists, global physical (for the crawler) and chance to apply an ailment.

Global physical damage doesn't affect your minion. From Wiki:
"
Neither passive skills nor stats from the player's equipment affect minions unless they specifically state "Minions _____".

"
Sixtysan wrote:
60% with WO GMP is more than enough. I can get 40 stacks just from two packs, that keeps refreshing. Remember that WO lasts 10 seconds.

You'll have a problem trying to keep 40 stacks on single target bosses like Guardians, so it is DPS loss of your HoA.

Last edited by Semarogin on Dec 21, 2018, 8:31:42 AM
If I had Agony on 6l, I would not have mana. Also, the +3 minion and minion damage are glorified 5 links. I do scale the crawler as much as I can.

I have to run WO in 6L for the reason I stated before.

Good to know about global physical not affecting minions. What about increased damage/chaos damage craft on rings?

I have zero problems keeping a stack on bosses. Yesterday uber Izaro and Temple Atziri went down with this build so as temple boss. Syndicate is also nothing to worry about. I would highly recommend to test the WO GMP poison by yourself, to see how powerful it is.
Last edited by Sixtysan on Dec 21, 2018, 8:43:42 AM
"
Sixtysan wrote:
I would highly recommend to test the WO GMP poison by yourself, to see how powerful it is.

Of course I did or I wouldn't post here. I am doing T15-T16 maps with it now. But I don't see any reason to use 6L for WO, I use it for my HoA:
Spoiler

I have 120% chance to poison on Hit with WO, so I don't care about the maps with "monsters have a % chance to avoid Poison " and can keep 35+ stacks on single target while moving around and dodging the attacks. Now I try to corrupt 21/20 HoA, because it'll be huge DPS boost for me.

Duration and surge is why im running 6L

And I also can keep 40 stacks on the boss while running around. I told you my WO lasts 10 seconds.
Yea, but you waste skill points, you sacrifice your crawler's damage (you can pick up some reduce mana reserved nodes instead, so you can use 6L HoA) and the sockets in 6L item. Your WO decay 1 stage per second, it has only 60% chance to poison on hit and you want to keep it at high stages anyway so it fires the projectiles at max frequency or your virulence stacks will start to fall off on the single target.

I am not even sure if 1.0 sec of stage's duration with 60% chance to poison is even better than 0.6 sec of stage's duration with 100% chance to poison. And you don't need that much investment to reach 6 sec duration of WO. It is really weird choice not to use Poison Support Gem in 6L setup. Also you try to increase the duration of WO so you don't need to cast it very often, but you still go for faster casting gem and the passives.
Last edited by Semarogin on Dec 21, 2018, 10:53:08 AM
Thanks for the build. I've been going along pretty well almost level 90. Can anyone give their opinion where I should go next with my build? I'm still a little squishy in some boss and syndicate fights. I ended up 6L'ing my chest getting super lucky but when I add the 6th gem (damage on full life) I reserve 100% mana. I also had to pick up the reduced mana reserve nodes. I don't have a ton of currency but want to keep going with this build. Thanks
Thank you so much!!!
This build is fantastic, for the simple reason that you have high clear speed, fast boss killing, mobility, being very tanky, you can do all kind of mods and it doesent feel like playing another boring minion build. On top of that, its a good starter build and quite cheap.

I am a bit surprised to see that so many are using a 6 link for Herald of Agony. Just do the math, even a cheap pseudo 5 link helmet with +2 minion gem and 18 minion damage can provide more damage.

To be on par with a +3 helmet and 18 minion damage, you need a Skin of the Loyal chest.
All in all you end up with bad or no stats and a huge mana reserved issue for nothing.

The only chest that beats a +3 helmet is The Coming Calamity, but a 6 link one with 5 off colors costs 7 Ex atm. And you still have no life or any useful stats on it.

I am using a cheap 5 link chest with great and useful stats for molten strike, so i dont need one of the expensive poison multistrike claws.

A claw, molten strike?!? Why not Winter Orb?
Another thing which makes this build great is the combination of life gained on hit and the sheer amount of hits it generates. It is like having life leech but better, since it works with any map mod.
It is one of the reasons why this build feels so tanky.
Only Shield Charge generates a bit of "life leech" when you use it with a Claw and Winter Orb.

Winter Orb gives you a little more mobility on boss fights, but to have Fortify and Enfeeble up all the time you need to stay close to the boss anyway. To me Winter Orb has more drawbacks than advantages.
Just try a no regen map and see the difference. :)

Hey, so now I'm pretty much done with my gear and this build has been pretty great. I have like 21 deaths right now mostly from not having a claw with lgoh for a little bit. But, now that I have my gear settled I've been able to just run through the content leisurely. At this point all I really need is a kaom's heart for the health and I'll probably have no problems defensively.

Only issues I would say that I had would be mana consumption early and keeping up with Dex requirements at times.

Update: My HoA is now at 21, my clear speed just went up drastically lol.
Last edited by stiffwaffle on Jan 7, 2019, 1:53:54 AM
Most of my gear was 10 chaos or less except for the helmet and poachers ring ofc.
I tried to get high life on all parts, just the helmet has no life at all (it was cheaper).

I went for Righteous Army and Shaper for more life regen and Barbarism for extra life. I am using The Oak as shield because of life and extra regen. All my jewels have life except the unique ones ofc.

I have 7.4k life atm without Kaoms Heart and 660 life regen.

I am not a fan of Kaoms because of the cost and the missing sockets.
For better offences and defences i run a low level CwDT with Temporal Chains, Flesh Offering and Immortal Call. It is just too good not to have it.

Usually i have a hard time in uber lab but this time i not even needed a pot and the boss was down in a few secs. This build is just crazy.

@stiffwaffle
Go for the fastest claw possible to generate life and virulence faster. Your claw is very slow unfortunatly (more than 1.8 att/s would be nice). Molten Strike needs Multistrike, use Static Strike on the Claw instead since it already has build in Ancestral Call. Later on try to get a +3 helmet, it is quite a dps jump. I would rather spend 1 Ex on a good helmet than Kaom's, since you would miss all the CwDT fun.

@xirce

yeah a faster claw would be preferred but this one was cheap at the time so I just wanted to get something that had LGoH because the one I had prior didn't lol. Working on accumulating currency now that I can roll most content. Making my way there though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info