[3.6] The Lazy Walker - Jugg - VMS walk and kill, 3M shaper, phys/ice/lightning immune, HC

Howabout using Flammability with Blasphemy on map farming? Since you don't need impurities, or flame dash, you could fit blasphemy with flammability and vrf on your shield slot?

Could you check my build and tell me what i might've missed?
Last edited by Sape_e on Jan 13, 2019, 6:57:36 PM
"
Sape_e wrote:
Howabout using Flammability with Blasphemy on map farming? Since you don't need impurities, or flame dash, you could fit blasphemy with flammability and vrf on your shield slot?

Could you check my build and tell me what i might've missed?

Blasphamy uses 35% mana and our HOAG reserves 69% already. Plus in your 5L Martyr of innocence we already have auto curse anyways.

You need to set your profile public for me to comment on your character :)
"
Bornforexile wrote:
I'm having a problem with bosses. ALmost nothing can kill me when just walking around but bosses aren't proccing the ignite reliably enough and i just cant get the damage going. IS the sword and shield REQUIRED for bosses? I haven't bought them yet because i was hoping the VMS would be enough but if you run into a time where souls reset on entering a new area (Lab and aspirants trial) im pretty much fucked unless adds show up.

Is there a way to reliably proc ignites on bosses to get the damage going?

Please set your profile to public so that I can see your character.

In general, yes the sword and shield is superior to anything else (for defensive reasons). When you can't ignite a boss, in general it means you either can't hit them frequently enough, or your total ignite chance is not good enough (or both). Notice many bosses have invulnerable phases when you can't hit or ignite them when they do so.

Our only 6L in this build is dedicated to HOAG, this should help you clear any boss (I've done red elder easily) without VMS.
Greetings,

In the current league, I decided to do a Conc path Jugg for first character to get some currency then to switch to Lazy walker because it is a darn fun build.

I was able to get quite some of the items (got lucky with the armour. I was able to 6 link with 45 fuses only...hehehehe). As of now, I am as poor as job and the character (lazyDeLoncourt) is a mix of your old build and new build. Sincerely, it works very well. I even put a Blood rage for automatic Frenzy charges:

I have a few advanced questions because I want to understand better the mechanics of the build:

1 - Why in the old build you were using vengeance? The damage seemed very low.

2 - Most players (including me) cannot afford Empower level 4. What would you suggest as a 6th gem?

3 -Boot 4L CWDT(1) - Immortal Call(3) - Blade Vortex(8) - - Phase Run(3).
What is the purpose of blade vortex?

4 -Glove 4L Firestorm(8) - Ball lightning(4) - CWDT(1) - Poison(20) - Slower projectile [Glove affix] - Blind [Glove affix] This is your mass ignite link, also blinds and poisons on hit.
Is it both skills (Firestorm and Ball lightning) that does the mass ignite??? Here, I am curious, could I replace Ball lightning with Vigilant strike to get an automatic Fortify? Just curious.

5 - The amulet has 10% ignite chance. Both rings have 10%. I was able to get 2 jewels (I did not look hard at all) for 7% more ignite chance. This is a 37% chance to ignite. With all the hits that are done with Firestorm, Balde vortex, Ball lightning and the crawler, am I guessing right that the character really mas ignite or am I missing something? I am asking because Razor of the seven sun brings a 25% more chance. Would it be overkill or do we really need that for a super duper healing? Did you calculate what is the % needed for the build to be comfortable?

6 - Last question in regards to the healing with the ignite provided by the rings: Life leeched has a limitation (total leech recovery rate = max life * 0.02 * instances of leech * (1 + increased leech per second)). Is the life recovered when you ignite governed by the total leech recovery rate?

Thank you
P.S.: oh! I forgot to say that even if I play an hybrid of old and new build, AND my gens are far from to be leveled fully, it destroys all mobs and bosses up to T-14 (last maps tested) and it take cares of the overpowered syndicate. I just have uber lab remaining and in my first try I stupidly died to a trap. I did not have time to try again before going to work, but I did first two phases of Izario with no problem.
Last edited by kestak on Jan 14, 2019, 7:58:20 AM
Hi there, please see my answers below:

"
kestak wrote:
1 - Why in the old build you were using vengeance? The damage seemed very low.

Old build uses abyssal cry in Ah Dihi claw, which requires an attack to trigger the cry. Vengeance is the only attack that can be triggered in POE. This way we have auto trigger abyssal cry.

"
2 - Most players (including me) cannot afford Empower level 4. What would you suggest as a 6th gem?

Go for Added fire dmg.

"
3 -Boot 4L CWDT(1) - Immortal Call(3) - Blade Vortex(8) - - Phase Run(3).
What is the purpose of blade vortex?

BV hits about 6 times/sec and when you walk from mob to mob BV is the first skill that hits and triggers the avalanche of cwdt.

"
4 -Glove 4L Firestorm(8) - Ball lightning(4) - CWDT(1) - Poison(20) - Slower projectile [Glove affix] - Blind [Glove affix] This is your mass ignite link, also blinds and poisons on hit.
Is it both skills (Firestorm and Ball lightning) that does the mass ignite??? Here, I am curious, could I replace Ball lightning with Vigilant strike to get an automatic Fortify? Just curious.

Yes both will ignite a lot. Vigilant strike is an attack, which can't be triggered. CWDT only triggers spell. I think there is no way to get automatic fortify in this game for a Jugg.

"
5 - The amulet has 10% ignite chance. Both rings have 10%. I was able to get 2 jewels (I did not look hard at all) for 7% more ignite chance. This is a 37% chance to ignite. With all the hits that are done with Firestorm, Balde vortex, Ball lightning and the crawler, am I guessing right that the character really mas ignite or am I missing something? I am asking because Razor of the seven sun brings a 25% more chance. Would it be overkill or do we really need that for a super duper healing? Did you calculate what is the % needed for the build to be comfortable?

The 25% from razor is very valuable. As long as you are still under 100% ignite, go stack it. Almost everything in this build works better with more ignite.

"
6 - Last question in regards to the healing with the ignite provided by the rings: Life leeched has a limitation (total leech recovery rate = max life * 0.02 * instances of leech * (1 + increased leech per second)). Is the life recovered when you ignite governed by the total leech recovery rate?

Life recovery is not capped by leech, and even better --- it's INSTANT!
Thank you very much for your answers!!!! It clarified a lot of things. The more I dig into that build, the more I am impressed. I wonder if it is the most complicated build way before autobomber build....

"
BV hits about 6 times/sec and when you walk from mob to mob BV is the first skill that hits and triggers the avalanche of cwdt.

I still do not understand a small part of the concept. If firestorm and ball lightning are the ones doing mass ignite when you get hit by the mobs (you get dmg by the amulet and the rat cage). What is the purpose of BV? I am sorry if it is something obvious, but I really do not see it...hehehehe

Thank you again for the build and your answers!!!
Hey there! Awesome build. I've tried it out but I die ALOT. Maybe if you could take a look at my char :)
"
kestak wrote:
Thank you very much for your answers!!!! It clarified a lot of things. The more I dig into that build, the more I am impressed. I wonder if it is the most complicated build way before autobomber build....

"

I still do not understand a small part of the concept. If firestorm and ball lightning are the ones doing mass ignite when you get hit by the mobs (you get dmg by the amulet and the rat cage). What is the purpose of BV? I am sorry if it is something obvious, but I really do not see it...hehehehe

Hi there, imagine when you first walk into a map, you need to either get hit by monsters, or manual cast your cwc link to get all cwdt going.

Without BV, it's the same situation when you walk from group of monster to another group. Bv is almost the only spell that can hit, can be triggered by cwdt, and can stay with you for a duration when mobs die. Now with bv active, when you just killed a pack and walk into another, bv will deal the first hit and trigger the first ignites, and every other spell follows.
"
Tulle131 wrote:
Hey there! Awesome build. I've tried it out but I die ALOT. Maybe if you could take a look at my char :)

Hi, please refer to the guide, i recently wrote a section to help you debug this "i die ALOT" situation.

I also had a look in your character, you jewels are missing this stat:
+# to # phys/chaos damage to spell

At the moment you can't apply poison and your crawler dont have much damage.

What's your resistance and life? 75% fire res is very important for this build.
"
alexh1985 wrote:
"
kestak wrote:

"

Hi there, imagine when you first walk into a map, you need to either get hit by monsters, or manual cast your cwc link to get all cwdt going.

Without BV, it's the same situation when you walk from group of monster to another group. Bv is almost the only spell that can hit, can be triggered by cwdt, and can stay with you for a duration when mobs die. Now with bv active, when you just killed a pack and walk into another, bv will deal the first hit and trigger the first ignites, and every other spell follows.

Got it!!!!! Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info