[3.5] Chained Flames 9 Golem Elementalist. MOM/Phase Acro. Melt the world

"
gamboy wrote:

- is there a point to be made for Flammability instead of Temporal Chains? As they say, offense is the best form of defense. I suppose with this + Elemental Equilibrium + Combustion the enemies' fire resists dips heavily into the negatives.

- how about a life flask that heals minions?

- how about a Quartz flask for the dodge stacking? I'm using one right now together with a pair of Atziri's Step since I have tons of resists already (~105% overcapped in each). With Soul of Lunaris triggered I have 55% dodge and 61% spell dodge.

- do you think having even a single Primordial Eminence is a bad thing, assuming unlimited budget? The added armour helps against lots of small hits, and both the cast speed and increased aura effect boost your golems a lot. Basically I'm wondering about the cutting point of just increased damage stacking versus some cast speed. I'm currently running two Eminences and a Might for comfier mapping but I'll swap one Eminence and the Might for two Harmonies once I hit Shaper.

- Projectile weakness > Flammability for damage as their resistance are already reduced a ton. I strongly prefer defensive curse though

- Quartz flask is good. I always forget to use them. The more dodge you have the better more is but you still need enough EHP to be prevent being one-shot in T16 maps. So long as lacking resistances and mana on boots isn't decreasing your total too much its a good option

- Eminences are worse DPS then harmonies as Pob doesn't count the increased damage of cooldown at all. Eminances are good for some situations like delving where cutting DPS for life regen is a reasonable choice

"
fags wrote:
Hello WaffleT,

first of all I want to say thank you for that awesome Build Guide.
It really helped me and became my build to go for after my first charackter.

I wanted to hear your toughts of my equipment and skill decisions.
Thinks are still in progress and I just started to level some Gems.

I decided to go for double Clayshaper with Chaos Golem added.
This Build is designed to mainly go for mid to high tier Maps, since I dont play enough to do this fancy uber Elder thingies...

Glad you are having fun. Its a general question and hard to answer, there have been some similar ones so I have added an FAQ section to the main page of this guide discussing things like shield and curse choice
Ok i just had to comment again. This build is addictive. I usualy play 1 build to 90 / 91 and the already going for the next and scraping the old one but this time i just keep coming back to my golems. Done around 15 ueber elders now and yes i still die sometimes but thats on me^^.

Going for the ueber Greed head slot now with the helm enchant, +2(would love 3 but there still is no 86ilvl with that ench ),conc, minion dmg, - fire res with the fosil craft and immolate.

The only thing that gets me is delves. starting lvl 300 or so the golems keep dying very fast ( mostly in the darkness and abyssal city/vaal outposts) any tip what may help there? (thinking about switching from temp chains to enfeeble)

Other than that its one of the best Builds ive ever played...and i have played a LOT ^^

Thanks again for this guide
"
Voidflame87 wrote:
Ok i just had to comment again. This build is addictive. I usualy play 1 build to 90 / 91 and the already going for the next and scraping the old one but this time i just keep coming back to my golems. Done around 15 ueber elders now and yes i still die sometimes but thats on me^^.

Going for the ueber Greed head slot now with the helm enchant, +2(would love 3 but there still is no 86ilvl with that ench ),conc, minion dmg, - fire res with the fosil craft and immolate.

The only thing that gets me is delves. starting lvl 300 or so the golems keep dying very fast ( mostly in the darkness and abyssal city/vaal outposts) any tip what may help there? (thinking about switching from temp chains to enfeeble)

Other than that its one of the best Builds ive ever played...and i have played a LOT ^^

you and your golems can have 38 sec fortify with 20q Fortify+20q Vigilant strike + the vigil jewel setup
Last edited by Baskanbey on Sep 29, 2018, 5:06:18 AM
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
gamboy wrote:

- is there a point to be made for Flammability instead of Temporal Chains? As they say, offense is the best form of defense. I suppose with this + Elemental Equilibrium + Combustion the enemies' fire resists dips heavily into the negatives.

- how about a life flask that heals minions?

- how about a Quartz flask for the dodge stacking? I'm using one right now together with a pair of Atziri's Step since I have tons of resists already (~105% overcapped in each). With Soul of Lunaris triggered I have 55% dodge and 61% spell dodge.

- do you think having even a single Primordial Eminence is a bad thing, assuming unlimited budget? The added armour helps against lots of small hits, and both the cast speed and increased aura effect boost your golems a lot. Basically I'm wondering about the cutting point of just increased damage stacking versus some cast speed. I'm currently running two Eminences and a Might for comfier mapping but I'll swap one Eminence and the Might for two Harmonies once I hit Shaper.

- Projectile weakness > Flammability for damage as their resistance are already reduced a ton. I strongly prefer defensive curse though

- Quartz flask is good. I always forget to use them. The more dodge you have the better more is but you still need enough EHP to be prevent being one-shot in T16 maps. So long as lacking resistances and mana on boots isn't decreasing your total too much its a good option

- Eminences are worse DPS then harmonies as Pob doesn't count the increased damage of cooldown at all. Eminances are good for some situations like delving where cutting DPS for life regen is a reasonable choice

"
fags wrote:
Hello WaffleT,

first of all I want to say thank you for that awesome Build Guide.
It really helped me and became my build to go for after my first charackter.

I wanted to hear your toughts of my equipment and skill decisions.
Thinks are still in progress and I just started to level some Gems.

I decided to go for double Clayshaper with Chaos Golem added.
This Build is designed to mainly go for mid to high tier Maps, since I dont play enough to do this fancy uber Elder thingies...

Glad you are having fun. Its a general question and hard to answer, there have been some similar ones so I have added an FAQ section to the main page of this guide discussing things like shield and curse choice

Yeah I ended up switching to Enfeeble since my HP sometimes dropped dangerously low while delving. I feel like Enfeeble prevents one-shots way better than Temporal Chains so I went for it. Also synergizes well with Blind for the accuracy reduction.

For those who have trouble keeping golems alive I strongly recommend that one node in the Gravepact wheel that gives minions leech. Basically gives them an additional 20% life regen since they'll always be at the leech cap. I think its worth sacrificing 3 mana nodes to go there, and the nodes on the way are not completely wasted either, +15% minion damage and +10% minion life.

The Stone Golem is the one that dies super often, because he taunts AND he doesn't have elemental immunity like the others. He also tends to kill himself in phys reflect maps.

So far I'm at level 88 and I killed all 4 guardians and Shaper deathless, and even managed to clear Hall of Grandmasters although on my last portal. That one physical Tornado Shot spammer sitting upstairs was a pain in the ass.

One last question, I hope I've not been doing it wrong this whole time, but the stat that matters on Harmonies is "Golems have #% increased cooldown recovery speed", right? Not the other one which only reduces the summoning cooldown?
Last edited by gamboy on Sep 29, 2018, 6:11:33 AM
"
gamboy wrote:

For those who have trouble keeping golems alive I strongly recommend that one node in the Gravepact wheel that gives minions leech. Basically gives them an additional 20% life regen since they'll always be at the leech cap. I think its worth sacrificing 3 mana nodes to go there, and the nodes on the way are not completely wasted either, +15% minion damage and +10% minion life.

One last question, I hope I've not been doing it wrong this whole time, but the stat that matters on Harmonies is "Golems have #% increased cooldown recovery speed", right? Not the other one which only reduces the summoning cooldown?

I found that minions are either alive and fine or get oneshot and get resummoned but if your flame golems are getting chipped down sometimes then leech would solve that. 3 points is a pretty big investment, I would change the Abyss jewel in the belt into one with life, mana and minion leech. losing 3 points in the tree is a bigger loss then the other things on the jewel in the belt.

"Golem skills cooldown" - bad useless
"Golems have cooldown" - good useful
"
Voidflame87 wrote:

i wanna try ueber elder with this build. can u give me some tips? do u use nor normal setup or do u change something for ueber?

ty
Shaper down! I died once because of not having any idea about shaper fight.

Last edited by NEPHAN on Sep 30, 2018, 2:12:45 AM
Hey Waffle

What's your opinion in subbing out 2-3 harmonies for eminences to shore up defensives for deep delves and get the golems extra armor to not get onetapped by shaper guardians? Anyone tried this so far?
Hall of Grandmasters is EZ with this btw.

Just sub out 1 Harmony for a Primordial Might, then stay back and continously recast golems. None of the Chars are immune vs golems.
Uber Elder down at Lv.92 with this Build. Thanks to Waffle for enabling my first ever uber elder kill.

used items:

I found using 2 Eminences instead of Harmonies really helps the golems to not get oneshot by physical damage (+2000 armor) on top of giving you a lot more life regen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info