[3.5] Chained Flames 9 Golem Elementalist. MOM/Phase Acro. Melt the world

Spoiler

summary

9 Harmony for cooldown cap

The Vigil jewel gives 40 sec fortify for minions

2 clayshaper Mace for 10 golems ( more buff + golem dmg)

22 lvl chaos golem = %20 phys reduction

using 9 eminence for fossil farming (800+ regen)

combustion linked with arc instead of flame golem

4,7k hp 3k mana

char name: ChadGolems
Last edited by Baskanbey on Sep 26, 2018, 10:56:10 AM
Anyone had luck fossil crafting a helmet for this? If those which fossils would you recommend?

Is the implicit on bone helmets better than a lab enchant?
Last edited by cybertier on Sep 26, 2018, 11:51:06 AM
"
NEPHAN wrote:

Thanks WaffleT and what do you think about additional +1000 minion accuracy coming from Command of the Pit?

I assume I don't need to use "curse on hit support" due to corruption on gloves being "Curse enemies with level 10 Temporal Chains on Hit". Is it correct? IF so, what should be replacement for "Curse on hit support" on gloves? Blind support may be?

Flame golems only cast spells so accuracy does nothing and the 'attack' golems (Ice and stone) have no damaging supports so there is little point increasing their damage through accuracy.

Yeah if you use those gloves I'd probably use Elemental proliferation support for the extra shock chance.

"
thomzon wrote:

Ok thanks for answering. What do you make of the analysis of the referenced build though ?

I'll go with your build 100% and see if I feel too squishy :-)

That build changed their mind after seeing tomatopotatos math on how important cooldown reduction is for number of orbs per second. I think that data is good but it ignores a number of factors.

The math used is for the situation where the golems are targeting a static unmoving single target and are unable to use their other spells. This is interesting but not what occurs that often in actual play. Faster casting gives faster animations so the golems finish what they are doing and physically move to a new location & choose a new target faster.

I tested with and without the charges and find that the golems run smoother with charges giving faster movement and animation speed to get them out of situations when they cast immolate/flame wave or were shooting already dead targets.

The argument for using two clayshapers was stronger back when this data was collected as going from 3 to 4 damaging golems is a 33% more damage multiplier.

Now with primodial chain you would be going from 6 to 7 damaging golems which is a 16.5% more multiplier or making room for a chaos golem in the setup for 19% more damage

Dropping the charity for a defensive shield is more appealing to me then a 10th golem but its hard to measure defensive values. In terms of pure life total its not that great value so it depends how much you value block/spell block in comparison to DPS and speed
The data is not for a single target or for a set number of mobs. It is a simple demonstration of the hard cap on Magma Ball, no more, no less.

As for practical analysis, if you're mapping quickly, your golems will be pushing the cooldown limit constantly. Moving quickly to the next target will not magically give you a fresh set of charges for the next pack. In other words, charges are not necessarily giving you more offense.

I cannot comment on your test, as it is only anecdotal. You haven't given any hard specifics on how long you tested or the conditions you compared. I can only say that I am highly doubtful whether simply eyeballing is reasonably conclusive.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
"
tomatopotato wrote:
The data is not for a single target or for a set number of mobs. It is a simple demonstration of the hard cap on Magma Ball, no more, no less.

As for practical analysis, if you're mapping quickly, your golems will be pushing the cooldown limit constantly. Moving quickly to the next target will not magically give you a fresh set of charges for the next pack. In other words, charges are not necessarily giving you more offense.

I cannot comment on your test, as it is only anecdotal. You haven't given any hard specifics on how long you tested or the conditions you compared. I can only say that I am highly doubtful whether simply eyeballing is reasonably conclusive.

I thought your data was collected by measuring the number of orbs fired over the gap of a ledge towards the targets on the other side? Thats the videos I watched that I thought you had referenced as your data sources although this was a while ago

I totally agree that minion data is incredibly challenging to get objective data on since so many factors are involved and did not intend any slight, I compliment your efforts on that front

Level 92 with 6652 life and 2300 mana. Spent 3 points on curse efficiency as i am running two curses and playing in HC.

Build is solid. Done all content minus shaper. Red Elder is a joke. Mino is a hard fight as i had to keep respawning golems.

Good build.
Domination IGN: RangerThrow
Really liking this so far.
A few more questions though:

- is there a point to be made for Flammability instead of Temporal Chains? As they say, offense is the best form of defense. I suppose with this + Elemental Equilibrium + Combustion the enemies' fire resists dips heavily into the negatives.

- how about a life flask that heals minions?

- how about a Quartz flask for the dodge stacking? I'm using one right now together with a pair of Atziri's Step since I have tons of resists already (~105% overcapped in each). With Soul of Lunaris triggered I have 55% dodge and 61% spell dodge.

- do you think having even a single Primordial Eminence is a bad thing, assuming unlimited budget? The added armour helps against lots of small hits, and both the cast speed and increased aura effect boost your golems a lot. Basically I'm wondering about the cutting point of just increased damage stacking versus some cast speed. I'm currently running two Eminences and a Might for comfier mapping but I'll swap one Eminence and the Might for two Harmonies once I hit Shaper.

Here's my gear at level 78 by the way:

EDIT: so about my point of Eminence versus Harmony, I've imported my character into PoB and according to it, assuming 9 jewels, the optimal DPS is given with 7 Harmonies and 2 Eminences. Not sure how it takes into account the cooldown recovery though. This might be just the increased damage versus cast speed and aura effect.
Last edited by gamboy on Sep 26, 2018, 3:54:46 PM
Also, since I don't like Phase Run that much and I like to teleport instead, I'm using Flame Dash with Faster Casting and Brutality.
Levelling this, at level 42 right now, feels way better than before primordial chain existed, can now switch at 38 without feeling I don't have enough golems. The +2 from Anima Stone is less critical (even if a big boost).

Small question, my PC is quite weak, and flame golems fireballs give me quite a bit of stuttering. Any idea what graphical setting I can change for that ?
Hello WaffleT,

first of all I want to say thank you for that awesome Build Guide.
It really helped me and became my build to go for after my first charackter.

I read some of the discussions going on here and I tought I will try to make this build my own and mix some stuff.

I wanted to hear your toughts of my equipment and skill decisions.
Thinks are still in progress and I just started to level some Gems.

I decided to go for double Clayshaper with Chaos Golem added.
This Build is designed to mainly go for mid to high tier Maps, since I dont play enough to do this fancy uber Elder thingies...

I'm (only( sitting at 5250 HP, 100/s and 2800 Mana, also 100/s but I have the feeling that it's enough for the Content I'm currently playing.

Are there any Tips or Changes you can recommend?
I haven't bought all of the Harmony Jewels yet because I'm lazy and didn't feel like its needed yet.
I'm curious to hear what you think.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by QcVdFGh5lr on Sep 28, 2018, 8:35:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info