Xbox Discord - It's where the community is

Xbox Discord?? Is that the place where the Community is? What is Discord?
Don´t know what Discord is. And the Community is there? How come? I seen the Community is on Xbox Club though. And then you find it here.
Discord?! Nnaaahhhhh, not for me.
"
rangerDangerr wrote:
[Removed by Support]

I'm not a big fan of the way he runs his discord. You can't say anything negative about it or you'll be reprimanded without trial. His senior moderator was really nice and open to my criticisms, yet Avic banned me outright because he personally dislikes me.

Not a big deal though, I don't hold grudges, life's too sweet to dwell on small things like this. Just my two cents though, I'm sure there's plenty of fellas who enjoy the discord. I myself am just not a fan of being afraid of speaking my mind.

And just to add onto the 'speaking my mind' thing;
Some of you might know I've been pretty outspoken on my opinion of the state of the game and the developers. Just because you disagree with my opinions does not make me toxic. Oh great, now I'm rambling on too much again, gah!

I do not know your situation on the Discord, nor what happened. I do know that Avic and myself are very open to ideas and criticisms of the Discord, and always open to improve where we can. He and I have put a lot of work into the Discord to make it the best version we can get it. We still have more to do, as there's always things to improve.

I will say this though, you talk about not holding grudges, but it seems as if you are. My only opinion on this is this thread in particular though, just based on your replies.

Nobody should be afraid of speaking their mind in the Discord. That's something I've always tried to keep true.

"
jaav wrote:
I left this terrific community. Every time they force you to use tens of channels, even if there is start of league, and people just read general and don't switch between channels.
Pissed off by Andromeda(or some name like this) and other guy removing lot of entries.

I don't know when you left, but there have been a lot of enhancements of the Discord lately. We did over compartmentalize channels and such, which we have brought down to an easier to use flow. No more League only chats, or channels. Things have been condensed better and easier to use around the board.

I know who you're talking about, he is not easy to upset. So I doubt you've upset him in anyway. He is just doing his job as a mod to keep chatter clear in channels it shouldn't be in.

That's the hard part about running a large Discord. You want to make it easy to use, yet keep it organized. Which is why the mods are tasked with keeping things cleared where needed, and also why it's in the rules which you have to read and agree to before access to the server. It's just a way to make sure the trade board isn't flooded with non trade things, or the lab and trials is not being used to talk about general stuff. It's just to organize and keep things flowing how they should be.

"
XboxPoELoLLL wrote:
This thread is a perfect example of the desperate attempts to censor anything negative about the discord. BoTh of my posts about getting posts deleted and mods banning are removed. [Removed by Support]

I have to disagree with you on that one. Just because the forums are well known for negative things being removed, even if they aren't negative. Which is why it's a big deal when dealing with scammers on the PC because any post which is outing them is removed for harassment. It is not the purpose of this thread. Anyone can report posts, for any reason, and they will be removed for the most part.

Also, from a forum side, there is a ToS you have to adhere to as well and if your posts are being reported and removed, then you're breaking something in the ToS which is why they're removed. Not saying you're breaking ToS, but posts that aren't negative or break ToS wouldn't be removed.

"
Jauron wrote:
@XboxPoELoLLL

It's not official.

I've never been there, and based 100% off of what I've observed on these forums I don't think I'll be trying it in the future.

I can only imagine how difficult it must be to retain order for a system like this, but individuals have shown some interesting tendencies that don't appear to translate well to a community tool.

You should at least check it out before swearing it off. If it's not for you, then it's not for you. No hard feelings. The Discord is community first, and like any community, you do have VERY passionate people on all ends of the spectrum.

Nobody ever talks about the good of a tool, only the downsides it seems.

"
Kundarin wrote:
Xbox Discord?? Is that the place where the Community is? What is Discord?
Don´t know what Discord is. And the Community is there? How come? I seen the Community is on Xbox Club though. And then you find it here.
Discord?! Nnaaahhhhh, not for me.

The club is a great tool as well, which is why both the Club and the Discord work together for the community. Both are fine places to be, if you prefer the club then that's a-ok and nothing to worry about. Discord isn't for everyone, which I get, so that's why we try and make connections to other systems as well to bring everyone together.
PoE Console Discord Admin

Logic never changes, just the syntax.
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Sep 10, 2018, 4:47:25 PM
beep boop
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
beep
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

TL;DR
If you're just LFG, better look elsewhere.

I was part of this Discord server for a few days, ended up leaving last night 'cuz I watched a mod abuse somebody else, which isn't cool in my book. I didn't really use it that much to begin with, though; the LFG channel was pretty dead unless you wanted endgame things. General chat was always dead or at least very slow at the times I was online (only a couple people talking, at few minutes intervals).

I agree with the guy who mentioned there being too many channels; a casual player like me doesn't need 20 different channels for different things. Seems whoever set it up was uber OCD about sorting topics; there's even a channel for food... yeah. Also any images that you post, no matter how relevant, get removed unless it's in 'photo etiquette' or one of the off the wall channels that exist. It was a real pain having to go through and mute/hide all those unnecessary channels for the sake of making it simple.
Last edited by AblazinGrace on Sep 24, 2018, 7:33:58 AM
One of the best things about the discord is that anyone, no matter how new can provide feedback and be heard.

I would like to know which mod abused which member, which channels you think are unnecessary for a casual player (keeping in mind this discord was not built to pander only to casual players), and what times you were playing.

LFG is always dead in this game, especially on Xbox. There's not many people who run together, and if they do it's because they are in a pack. I don't have a pack but from running the discord I haven't grouped and ran content with at least 35+ people. I notice they usually hang out with the same 2-3 guys. If you want interaction, if you want friends, you have to earn them. Noone is going to randomly group up with you, especially in this game where builds and content are at such random levels. And to be honest, there's nothing worth grouping up for until you hit red maps... everything else just takes too long for too little benefit. I have been playing for 6 years and I run solo 99% of the time because I can get things done faster by myself, and I don't have to worry about holding the group back if I want to sort my stash a bit.

Find some friends. Most of us just hang out in party chat without actually grouping in the game. Feel free to hit me up if you see me on, i'll introduce you to some groups.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

"
Avic_Hybana wrote:
One of the best things about the discord is that anyone, no matter how new can provide feedback and be heard.

I would like to know which mod abused which member, which channels you think are unnecessary for a casual player (keeping in mind this discord was not built to pander only to casual players), and what times you were playing.

LFG is always dead in this game, especially on Xbox. There's not many people who run together, and if they do it's because they are in a pack. I don't have a pack but from running the discord I haven't grouped and ran content with at least 35+ people. I notice they usually hang out with the same 2-3 guys. If you want interaction, if you want friends, you have to earn them. No one is going to randomly group up with you, especially in this game where builds and content are at such random levels. And to be honest, there's nothing worth grouping up for until you hit red maps... everything else just takes too long for too little benefit. I have been playing for 6 years and I run solo 99% of the time because I can get things done faster by myself, and I don't have to worry about holding the group back if I want to sort my stash a bit.

Find some friends. Most of us just hang out in party chat without actually grouping in the game. Feel free to hit me up if you see me on, I'll introduce you to some groups.

On the subject of mod abuse, I can't remember the name, just that it was yellow. If there's a way to see whenabouts I left, you might be able to find out that way.

For the casual player I'd say the only necessary channels are the rules channels (which should imho be condensed), general, questions, and trade-related channels, and possibly any endgame or 'running' channels as you call them; bare-bones channels for playing the game. Everything else (barring staff related things) would be more part of your singular Discord's community.

I work nights full-time, so I'm generally online after work between 6am and noon EST, and all day on my days off.

Given your 6yrs of experience, I'll respect your opinion, but I feel differently. My family and I all got the game around the same time, and we played it on our own time til we found common time to play together. We were all different levels at different parts of the game, but we generally let whoever was lowest act as leader for the sake of group progression. It wasn't about the meta, it was about having fun. My family moved on to other games, so I joined the community to try and find people, and that's how I found your server. I agree, it's easier to put groups together when you have friends who play, but I do not, and it's hard to make friends on a server with a slow or dead chat.
You have some fantastic points, and definitely some things I would like to talk about.

Your timezone, 6 AM to 12 PM EST is the deadest 6 hours the discord has. There's a few euro peeps who play around that time, but our Canadian / US population won't likely be on.

As for the rules, They are about 1/3rd of the size they used to be. We keep them fluffy like they are to cover all bases, so that when someone breaks a rule and gets a warning, we can refer them to look at the specific rule instead of having to explain every single time a rule is broken.

And for the grouping, I suppose I am a bit out of sync with the new player perspective. Back when I was new we had 3 acts, and end-game was farming Dominus and Piety so grouping was huge. Nowdays, I feel like for me personally I can run the acts muuuch faster solo than with a group, however I still group with some buddies when we create fresh characters.

Lastly the channels there have a very specific function. Many channels cover a broad area of topics, other channels very specific ones (Like discord specific leaderboards, global leaderboards, giveaway channel, etc.). We allow users to pick their own role in order to create a more dynamic experience for them. Each role they pick unlocks specific channels they want to see. I wish discord would let us pick and choose which channels to permanently hide, but we can't yet.

If you left the discord, I feel like we can't even get to know you to even want to play with you. It's kind of defeating the purpose of your point of view lol.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

I tried this place out, not interested. It's full of folks who complain about the trade board, but exhibit toxic behavior on it. If you point that out then some douchebag mod will talk smack about you while you get muted because their profanity filter was written by someone who considers 'retarded' a bad word.
If you confront that moderator for exhibiting the same toxic behavior you were accused of, you get banned.

In my 2 weeks of lurking I saw nothing involving a 'community', but I did get to read more than a few jokes about masturbation.

"DRAMA FREE" = don't disagree with anyone popular in our little corner of the internet or we'll talk smack about you and ban you.
Better Xbox Discord, better community, better experience:

https://discord.gg/ASXwHp
"
I tried this place out, not interested. It's full of folks who complain about the trade board, but exhibit toxic behavior on it. If you point that out then some douchebag mod will talk smack about you while you get muted because their profanity filter was written by someone who considers 'retarded' a bad word.
If you confront that moderator for exhibiting the same toxic behavior you were accused of, you get banned.

In my 2 weeks of lurking I saw nothing involving a 'community', but I did get to read more than a few jokes about masturbation.

"DRAMA FREE" = don't disagree with anyone popular in our little corner of the internet or we'll talk smack about you and ban you.

As far as I know bot is set up on three strike rule - thus you was reminded to not use profanities before. It's rather easy to remember after first warning.

Forgot to mention - it's QinLie from Discord. I'm myself am rather new person on Discord so if your words regarding getting banned on it for not agreeing with anyone popular would be true I WILL be banned already because I had a rather harsh disagreement with one person. Long story short I neither got warned by bot, banned or anything and even person in question said sorry to me afterwards which isn't a usual end of heated disagreement especially on the internet.

I was present in time you got muted automatically by bot. Rules are listed and you got punished by bot so it's not like any emotions were present UNLESS Avic successfully implemented full human AI into his Discord 😁.

Regarding Trade Board - well telling scammers to get lost isn't regarded as toxic is it? I think you just never had a situation when you are literally flooded by offers by people trying to scam you - it's very usual thing on TB if you have popular and expensive items listed. All actions bring back reactions 😉

Personally I can tell Discord is a good place especially for newer players - people are helping out and there is loads of channels be it for lab run, trade, builds whatsoever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info