You ready for the worst league mechanics yet on Xbox?

"
DatBRejectz wrote:
We all knew parts of Delve would be bad for Xbox ( 2 extra key binds for flares and dynamite ) especially considering how bad it was having one extra bind in Bestiary league. Well, when the PC crew are even saying how bad flares and dynamite are and that they are extremely clunky, it really doesn't look good for the Xbox version.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9bzdu7/flares_and_dynamite_are_frustrating/

If it's as bad as I think it will be, I think most Xbox players will get to the point where they just ignore delves all together, which is a shame

I don't know builds that need to actively use 7 buttons(main A button not counting), i have no problems with 2 delve abilities, you don't need always keep Auras/CWDT setup on skill-pad.
In fleeting reality, you step into the realm of madness.
"
watafx wrote:
"
DatBRejectz wrote:
We all knew parts of Delve would be bad for Xbox ( 2 extra key binds for flares and dynamite ) especially considering how bad it was having one extra bind in Bestiary league. Well, when the PC crew are even saying how bad flares and dynamite are and that they are extremely clunky, it really doesn't look good for the Xbox version.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9bzdu7/flares_and_dynamite_are_frustrating/

If it's as bad as I think it will be, I think most Xbox players will get to the point where they just ignore delves all together, which is a shame

I don't know builds that need to actively use 7 buttons(main A button not counting), i have no problems with 2 delve abilities, you don't need always keep Auras/CWDT setup on skill-pad.

I'm running LLRF , skills I need on my bar are RF,Vaal RF,orb of storms, Vaal discipline, shield charge, scorching ray and because I'm lacking the regen at the moment, I need stone golem.
That's 7 I need, each time go into a delve I loose the ability to recast my stone golem.

Orb of storms I need for to trigger EO, shield charge procs fortify,can't get rid of Vaal discipline as at the moment I'm still in constant degen and it's a life saver... So yes, there are builds that need more than 6 skills equipped
Last edited by DatBRejectz on Sep 12, 2018, 7:13:09 PM
Oh well. Put your keys on things you´re using and where you do use them. Besides, only time you´ll need any Dynamites/Flares is when you do decide to go for a walk where you already been through and look for side passages and such. Which really isn´t often to be true.
In fact, I´m down quite deep and haven´t bothered YET to even LOOK for other rooms yet.
I really don't understand why people argue against having more keybinds. There are multiple suggestions for that problem on the first site of the feedback section which wouldn't impact anyone who is fine with 8 keybinds but would satisfy those who need more.

For example, builds like this https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093326 use 18 skills. Would be easy to play on Xbox with a skill system like this https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2214644.

But hey, if you don't want to struggle with rebinding/recasting after death you could always play HC... ;)
There's a plethora of back end problems when trying to rework the keybinds iirc. I haven't heard much of anything about adding more keybinds but I'm sure there isn't enough dev time to get it done in a timely fashion, if it ever gets done.

Which is ok. It's really not a big deal for me. Yes it would be amazing to have even an extra 4 skill slots for my buffs to be linked to the D pad, but at the end of the day, there's a lot more important things I would want to use dev time for. Like giving the Tradeboard some love, getting leo's bench, etc.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
I think Delve is fine for xbox. I dont eve bother exploring the off paths. I do agree though there should be a utility button map for our characters for things like this instead of taking up a slot of of main skill slots.
Psalms of Moribund
"
Avic_Hybana wrote:
There's a plethora of back end problems when trying to rework the keybinds iirc. I haven't heard much of anything about adding more keybinds but I'm sure there isn't enough dev time to get it done in a timely fashion, if it ever gets done.

Which is ok. It's really not a big deal for me. Yes it would be amazing to have even an extra 4 skill slots for my buffs to be linked to the D pad, but at the end of the day, there's a lot more important things I would want to use dev time for. Like giving the Tradeboard some love, getting leo's bench, etc.

I think this is where my solution would come in, its not changing any real behavior. Its still all the buttons as they are working with the LT and the RT to shift. The only thing whats added is some memory of different skill sets, It would just besome function to load a preset of skills, they could use regular functionality of reassigning a button. Its then more like a macro. RT+LT+dpad-up a reassigning all 8 buttons to the preset skills. No real backend changes needed. If you load different chars into the game they have some skill assignment loading.

unless they didn't write ultra spaghetti code, it really shouldn't take so much effort. Ofc I can be wrong and the whole code base is a mess.

I understand they have limited resources, this is why I also suggested the copy/paste version of the pricing. Seems they at least took the pasting idea of it.

So I tried to come up with more of a composition approach than rewriting the code.
"
ghstbr wrote:
I think Delve is fine for xbox. I dont eve bother exploring the off paths. I do agree though there should be a utility button map for our characters for things like this instead of taking up a slot of of main skill slots.

I'm beginning to think that something like this is the best that we can hope for. It was pointed out to me that Xbox will not get more skill binds than PC. But perhaps some sort of new key bind allocation that can be used for special operations (like nets and flares, but not skills) is within bounds? But then again, jamming the league special operations into the limited skill binds is not something that I would do - if I had a choice - perhaps GGG's hands are tied.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
They are tied to an extent. For example, everything they do has to be OK'd so that it is not providing advantage over the pc platform (the userbase would have a cow, is their fear i think).

Adding on to that is the keybind situation, they have a weird system they have to work around, for example when they gave us the ability to use the "D-pad" in our inventories again, it conflicted with the D pad in the Trade Board and such, and that's how the Trade board commands became so convoluted.

They are all fine now, I'm just saying that the system for keybinds is much more complicated than we could know here.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
"
Avic_Hybana wrote:
They are tied to an extent. For example, everything they do has to be OK'd so that it is not providing advantage over the pc platform (the userbase would have a cow, is their fear i think).

Adding on to that is the keybind situation, they have a weird system they have to work around, for example when they gave us the ability to use the "D-pad" in our inventories again, it conflicted with the D pad in the Trade Board and such, and that's how the Trade board commands became so convoluted.

They are all fine now, I'm just saying that the system for keybinds is much more complicated than we could know here.

The issue is that they're trying to make the controls fit to what is, basically the PC UI and that is also why we have so many problems. It would of been a lot better if they did what blizzard did for diablo 3 on consoles and redesign the console version of the UI.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info