[3.5] Bashtart's CONSECRATED PATH Inquisitor - budget friendly, fast and high dps! Kill'em first!

"
Jonmcdonald wrote:
Why do you use Multistrike with Static Strike? The beam damage doesn't scale with attack rate beyond a certain point, and Multistrike is a big damage penalty.

Not sure yet about Multistrike because I am not sure if it is the best way to scale the beams. I will test it in the next few days. Maybe I will drop Multistrike...

"
Stonehnds wrote:
I don't know why POB say Elemental Overload would drop damage.

Orb of storms was a different idea, my reading of the gem say it will blast the mobs anytime you use lightning in its area, and they just changed it to work with cast when damaged so we could even automate it. I was thinking to help with boss kills.

Elemental Overload is bad because our offense is based on crit.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
For the boss fights i think the LESS DURATION support should be good. Becuz basically you are going to face tank it since you are meele and that means that with LESS DUR you can proc your beams more frequently.

Also i was thinking about going Raider with Hyaon's Fury and frenzy charges. Cuz that way we can scale our attack speed and basically compensate the LESS DURATION and Attack speed.

checked. LESSER DURATION DOESN'T do anything to Static Strike. Rip dreams
Last edited by gopotan on Sep 1, 2018, 9:48:40 AM
MAIM support is good instead multistrike, and even CHAIN - gives quite some aoe, testing now.
I highly recommend chain, makes the skill feel really good.

I don't wanna drop Multistrike though, since you get maximum Beam stacks with just one click, which lets you do a nice playstyle of leap slamming into packs, right click, and leap to the next one.

^

Nevermind me, tried it with a damage support instead of Multistrike - it really feels better.
Last edited by XenoPOE on Sep 1, 2018, 12:16:16 PM
Try adding Elemental Focus instead of multistrike :) it added roughly 40% dps
Has anyone tested whether the Ruthless support applies to the beam hits or only the initial hits from Static Strike?
What you recommend for leveling ? 1 or 2 handed weapon ? And what support for better AOE ? Chain or IAE ?
"
Olsvik wrote:
Has anyone tested whether the Ruthless support applies to the beam hits or only the initial hits from Static Strike?

According to PoB it applies to both ... the intial hit and the beams.

"
xamarion1985 wrote:
What you recommend for leveling ? 1 or 2 handed weapon ? And what support for better AOE ? Chain or IAE ?

Well I leveled with what I found...
I used following skills so far:
lvl 1-12: smite
lvl 12-28: Static Strike
lvl 28-42: Consecrated Path

I must say Consectrated Path is much more fun for me but I guess everyone has to test that out for himself. The great thing is... the build works with both skills Static Strike or Consecrated Path.

Ah yeah one more thing get Herald of Purity asap... crazy strong for leveling.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Sep 1, 2018, 3:52:14 PM
I'm level 60 right now following this guide for the most part. I was using Static Strike > melee phys > elemental dmg > Ruthless. It clears decent for the most part. The beams don't have a huge AOE.

I just put in a LVL 1 consecrated path with some quality to try it out and I am impressed. It seems to feel better and "faster" than static strike but I'll keep testing it.

Thanks for the guide.
Just Chiming in to say I'm playing the build at ~lvl 67, and it's going decent so far. I too have swapped away from Static Strike to use consecrated path. It definitely feels better as a melee skill and the damage / clear is good.

Ultimately I think the beams from static strike are too short range and too infrequent to be truly viable. Even running it with Herald of Thunder like ZiggyD did - while it felt BETTER - was still kind of ineffective. Yeah you can safely phase around and the damage keeps on ticking for a bit, but with a different skill you'd have just killed the mobs by then, which in reality is even safer.

It's a great idea - just don't love it in practice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info