[3.4] KissMeQuick's Pet Viper Strike | Starter for FRIENDS to fight against UBER ELDER with FRIENDS!

"
lalib wrote:
"
RonRave wrote:
Looking through your PoB - just curious if 200 poison stacks is realistic?

In order to get 200 stacks of poison you'd have to stand still attacking 1 mob for 14 seconds. Alternatively use melee splash to hit 14 mobs for 1 second.

Against a boss, max DPS of whatever million won't come into play until max poison stacks are reached. Not to say this build is bad, just realize that the DPS takes a while to ramp up. This also assumes all flasks are up for 14 seconds.

I have some doubts PoB calculates poison damage correctly. We have like 10k damage per second per a poison on a monster. Then if your attack speed is 17 aps you will have 170k damage of poison per second. Then ater another second you will have 340 dps . So the number of 5+ mil dps PoB shows is after like 10-15 seconds which is bad...
Last edited by Garfunkel on Aug 31, 2018, 4:10:23 AM
Don't forget the new players in the game:

-Maybe lvl 20, lvl 40, lvl 60 Tree
-Ascendency order
-Pantheon

https://www.twitch.tv/der_rasierer
I haven't played poison builds yet, so I'm gonna give it a try to learn all the mechanics tied.

Here are a few things I noted that are either wrong or suggestions to push it further :

- Bloodgrip is meh. You definitely want to look into an Impresence (this one). Will add a shit ton of offensive / defensive values when mapping. Maddening presence will add another slow to ennemies AND reduce their damage by 10%. Plus you get %increased dmg over time from the amulet and from blasphemy+despair.

- In PoB you ticked both vaal blight and vaal haste which is completly unrealistic even if both lasts 9 seconds. You won't have both running up at the same time, be it when mapping or in boss fights. Plus vaal blight is kinda pointless when mapping since you'll move a lot, and against bosses many have dashes/blinks. You should focus on Vaal Haste only and cast a normal blight when fighting a boss.

- In PoB you only have 121 strength when the build requires 155. You're going to need STR on either rings, boots or belt. The cost of these will rise as you're now hunting specifics 5/6 or 6/6 rares.

- Getting %AS with claws is kinda easy on jewels and has higher roll than generic %AS

- The rings used in POB to reach 80% res are definitely worth an amount of chaos, whole build cost without loreweave would be more like 100c if not higher

- You want more accuracy overall

- If the clearspeed of the crawler isn't decent enough, it will be worth to change the gloves for something that can provide more offense and defense (be it a rare, or tombfists)

- Can anyone confirm if poison & withering touch will work with herald of purity ? The Herald doesn't have the tag "attack", and I have no idea if minions have that hidden tag. This 4L might not be worth and withering touch might be swapped into the main 6L

Last edited by ploxirion on Aug 31, 2018, 4:30:39 AM
"
ploxirion wrote:
Can anyone confirm if poison & withering touch will work with herald of purity ? The Herald doesn't have the tag "attack", and I have no idea if minions have that hidden tag. This 4L might not be worth and withering touch might be swapped into the main 6L

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it works similar to Herald of Ice in a way that Herald itself is not an attack, however the minions summoned by HoP (or explosions resulting from HoI) do attack/hit and will benefit from support gems. Again, not 100% sure, but that would make sense.
Last edited by coffeecrank on Aug 31, 2018, 4:54:36 AM
I'm a bit worried about the Heralds. Herald of Purity is 47% Mana and Herald of Agony is 64%, how can you run both? If you have Vile Toxins its even more.

The reason why Herald of Agony and Herald of Purity Minions are both worthless is because you cannot really support them, without having to deal with insane reservation costs. You might be able to run only a 5l Herald of Agony and thats basically it.

Also Vile Toxins is not really good on the Herald. It deals 1600 - 3200 base physical damage, and if it doesnt have insane damage effectiveness adding some low values to that is meaningless. And using GMP on it is basically a nogo, because you have to reserve 65% more mana for it, so it can't be relied on for clear, its more of a boss killer propably. Because bosses also make it easier to keep the 40 Agony Stacks.

Also the poison spreading is said to be weak (only spreading the strongest poison) and it also hurts the crawler, because if enemies die by a) The crawler, b) spread poison or c) the protector or d) the Purity Sentinels you wont get Agony Stacks. So the crawler is likely not even reliably on high stacks while clearing.

Also if the Crawler is good against bosses, switching for Scourge is propably better. Trashmobs will never get 5 Poison Stacks, so you dont get the extra chaos damage so scourge clears better. It also gives so damage to your crawler, although this is propably not too much.

Also the Crawler needs good low-mana supports. Empower might be a good one, considering its only 25% more mana. Vicious Attacks is 20% more, so also a good option. Minion Damage is 30% more but gives a good buff. With those 3 the Herald of Agony would cost almost 50% Mana, which is much better than the 64% from before and it deals more damage against bosses.

Overall the crawler has 2400 average base damage, 120% increased AS and about 800% increased damage. Empower will make the first number bigger, but no idea by how much. Assuming 1 Attack per second the crawler on itself has 47500 dps. If we assume Empower is about 30% more damage (which it usually is with other skills), the supported crawler has a bit above 120k dps. So if he just stands there attacking a target he does some decent damage, but if you have a build dealing 5m dps he is not too good. Of course he gets some benefit from curses and wither, but he is propably better suited for something like a CA build who really benefits from any additional single target damage they can get, while also not having many useful ways to reserve mana. For Viper Strike I would rather go for Arctic Armor and use an unsupported Herald of Agony and Purity.
A lot of responses but I have no point responding before PoB is updated and I can properly swap skills around and nothing is fully optimized or finished in PoB - res / str / herald links / whatever.

What I can say for sure is that 200 poisons is very realistic.

"

-Ascendency order
-Pantheon

Still writing, just came back from fishing (:
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Aug 31, 2018, 6:34:48 AM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

"

-Ascendency order
-Pantheon

Still writing, just came back from fishing (:

awesome !
Last edited by Vecors on Aug 31, 2018, 7:09:36 AM
thanks for the guide. I'm going to use it. But i'm a noob so a few questions.

I think you said you're not spamming vaal gems. The setup with blood rage how does that work without spamming them?

what bandits do I blow up?

does this have screen shake ability. I love crushing so much stuff the screen shakes. This has got to be a screen shaker build.
Almost certain this will be my starter/first char for Delve mainly since I wanted a reason to finally try Viper Strike. Was gonna do a lightning trapper but decided against it since I'm not quite but getting close to burnout on playing traps on Incursion and even right now on standard before Delve starts.

I do expect stuff like Council offhand to be pretty pricey in the first week though, don't be surprised to see people charging 1ex for that thing as there should be a good amount of people trying some form of Chaos/poison builds with Pathfinder like this (but most likely ranged due to CA rework).
hype is real!
20 and 30/40 leveling trees and 3 - 4 gem links will be crazy good as it`s my first time doing a poison build
thanks for the build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info