Where does Apex of Sacrifice fall in the Map Tiers now?

When I played previously, I was almost ready to try the Apex before I stopped playing. I've been working towards that goal again. Honestly, I'm more keen on killing her than I am finishing up the Atlas.

Anyway, I'm clearing Alch'd Tier 5 Maps with little to no difficulty. I'm sitting just over 4K HP, and on a boss, I'd be averaging about 64K Tooltip DPS. I could probably be higher in Map level, I just don't have a stock of those, so I'm clearing what I have, and working my way up.

The Char in question

I read a guide, and watched an old tutorial video, but the mentions of difficulty were in regards to the old map system, pre-atlas.

I'm all about a challenge, but I don't want to go in and get stomped because of gear. I'd rather get stomped because I'm dumb and played bad.
Last bumped on Aug 11, 2018, 5:02:41 PM
Honestly depends entirely on your lag and how well you know the fight. Without lag and a similar character I would be able to do it while still on white maps. I'd say around lvl 80 is when I usually first do atziri, but you will have to be careful with frost blades due to her mirror phase. If you don't know the fight super well I'd wait til 85-87 and at least 4.5k hp. Worst case you can always ask someone to come in and save it for you, but leave em 2 portals just in case they mess up or lag out. Good luck!
Timmy's FREE Crafting/Carries [Standard]: 2123458
#1 ES Regalias Mirror Service [Standard]: 2489414
^^ New home of Sorrow Circle IIQ ring! ^^
Alt Art Fossil Service [Standard]: 2332551
IGN: Quant_Is_Still_Viable || Hotdogs_Are_Sandwiches
Interesting that you're using Frost Blades. How does it play in the end-game?

The main thing that can kill you, probably especially with a hard-to-control skill like that, is reflect damage. Watch this video for info and advice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHLl6Z6-ZeU

Positioning will probably be key, but I'm not sure how easy it will be to take down her 'clone' without killing yourself from reflect, while not dying to the various other effects around the room.
I love Frost Blades. It's been a blast.

Frost Blades and Reflect: I'm immune to elemental reflect, thanks to my elementalist ascendancy. As long as I'm not beating on the mirror in melee, I should be just fine. Taking Elementalist is what finally got me to cave to the people on the forums telling me to go more Cold Damage, less phys. Being immune to the reflect means that I can giggle at Ele Reflect Maps.

As far as other End Game Scnearios, I smash things in the face really fast, and really hard. Most White Packs even in the lone T7 Map I ran just explode from the projectiles.

Blue Packs generally never get past the melee on the second member of the Pack.

In T4 / T5 Maps, I'm generally able to burst down bosses before they chew through the Vaal Skeletons and decide they care about me.

Still not sold on the main hand being a sword, but I have yet to find something that is a DPS increase without dropping 15+ Ex, which I could use to improve so much more of the char, rather than sinking it into a single main hand weapon. Once I get Vorici to level 8, I'm going to set about crafting the sockets on the Claw to be better for Orb of Storms / Curse on Hit / Frostbite, which will help. I can't imagine that without an Elder / Shaped weapon I'm going to be able to replace the Claw. I tried to replace my Scaeva with another Touch of Anguish

Spoiler

But the Scaeva is about 2500 DPS more, even spun up at full charges than using both Claws.

"
shoju wrote:

But the Scaeva is about 2500 DPS more, even spun up at full charges than using both Claws.

This may not be true, since the additional chain you get from the second claw makes the blades hit more. Every FB build ive ever seen uses dual claw because it has so many good things for that build, and 2 is better than 1.
Timmy's FREE Crafting/Carries [Standard]: 2123458
#1 ES Regalias Mirror Service [Standard]: 2489414
^^ New home of Sorrow Circle IIQ ring! ^^
Alt Art Fossil Service [Standard]: 2332551
IGN: Quant_Is_Still_Viable || Hotdogs_Are_Sandwiches
Yes, but Right now, the chaining for clearing trash isn't as important as single target for bosses.

I'm currently browsing trade, and I've found a couple of claws that I'm going to try and take a look at, but being that I'm not flush with currency, I'd hate to drop 5 Ex on an item that "looks" like an upgrade, but turns out it isn't.

I have to think that the 40% IED and .73 APS increase Will overpower the losses from the sword, but I'm not entirely sure.
Thank you for the summary. Sounds good. I'm playing a (to-be) Raider, but it's been fun so far.

Didn't notice you're an Elementalist, so in that case reflect is a non-issue. It's a really nice class that probably fits well for Frost Blades too.
I did Assassin / Elementalist, as it provides a nice boon on the Crits. I don't have enough Crit yet, but as I round out the character moving forward, I'm looking at one more Jewel Socket, Crit, and Life to finish up the tree. I'd like to end up with matching weapons, so that I could get a little more bang for my buck out of some damage nodes.
I wouldn’t hesitate to run her on your build but I’ve done it many times. At 4K life you will get one shot by the flameblasts so just don’t let those land. The trick is to attack while she’s channeling after you’ve dodged it when she comes out of spit phase. At 60k dps, you should be able to down each phase in a reasonable amount of time and handle the trio effectively. It’s not a sure thing though if you’ve never killed her before. The fight takes practice unless you have endgame dps and instantly phase her.
Awesome. Thank you for telling me the build can do it.

Now, How hard is the leap from Watching Videos to Execution? haha...

If my wife goes out with her friends tonight, we may just find out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info