[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

"
LewsTherin wrote:
I'm pretty interested in this build, so I'd have a couple questions to ask. Haven't read all 200+ pages, only a few, so I apologize if they have already asked before...

1) Is ES leech in watcher's eye mandatory?
2) How good is this build for fast delving?

Thanks in advance!

1) Pretty much yeah, played for some time at the start without it, but you are a LOT safer when using it.

2) Can't say much, only delved to like 300 so far with it, but there are variations of it with 1000+ so should be fine
I keep seeing PoB's of this build with items having edited Cast speed to the extent of 170%-206%. Why is this and how do you calculate this? It looks like it's entirely inflating the numbers. Can anyone explain this to me? When I pull my build up in PoB i have NO WHERE near the dps these pob's do.
"
Vultai wrote:
I keep seeing PoB's of this build with items having edited Cast speed to the extent of 170%-206%. Why is this and how do you calculate this? It looks like it's entirely inflating the numbers. Can anyone explain this to me? When I pull my build up in PoB i have NO WHERE near the dps these pob's do.

It's in the original post... he includes that to account for the fact that poet pen (via frenzy) is triggering and not you casting. Set it to value that matches the cast per sec of your frenzy attack per sec.
"
thetrickykid wrote:
"
Vultai wrote:

It's in the original post... he includes that to account for the fact that poet pen (via frenzy) is triggering and not you casting. Set it to value that matches the cast per sec of your frenzy attack per sec.

Sorry, I tried scanning through the post and about 50 pages to figure it out. How do you equate the Frenzy attack rate to cast rate though? Example, With supports I'm seeing 4.06 attacks per second, how do you translate that to cast speed? *like.. 170%..200%*

Mind you i'm still looking through the guide for this information. Not trying to sound ignorant, sorry if I came across that way.

EDIT: I think I get it now, Edit on 'cast speed' to make it 3.75 cast rate to match the frenzy attack rate, right?
Last edited by Vultai on Jan 17, 2019, 9:46:48 PM
"
Vultai wrote:
Sorry, I tried scanning through the post and about 50 pages to figure it out. How do you equate the Frenzy attack rate to cast rate though? Example, With supports I'm seeing 4.06 attacks per second, how do you translate that to cast speed? *like.. 170%..200%*

Mind you i'm still looking through the guide for this information. Not trying to sound ignorant, sorry if I came across that way.

EDIT: I think I get it now, Edit on 'cast speed' to make it 3.75 cast rate to match the frenzy attack rate, right?

Yep. anyone with it set that high is basically setting it to higher because they have Cooldown reduction, which allows higher APS breakpoints. You should (1) look up your breakpoint based on your CDR, (2) set your cast speed to match the APS you have on frenzy (within your breakpoint).
I'm having this itch to drop Purity of Elements, Arctic Armour, and Discipline to run triple purities in their place. I think that high max resist would provide more survivability than what you give up.
"
snuze wrote:
I'm having this itch to drop Purity of Elements, Arctic Armour, and Discipline to run triple purities in their place. I think that high max resist would provide more survivability than what you give up.

Elements and Arctic Armour maybe, but Discipline raises your various leech/regen rates (which are calc'd on percent of max), and removes the watcher's eye ES on hit option. Maybe dropping herald of thunder, but that's only 25% instead of 35% base resist. And even considering Discipline, that would be 105 base reserved replacing 95 base reserved, so not sure it would fit.

Maybe if you're not running spider aura, tho...
Last edited by thetrickykid on Jan 18, 2019, 7:59:37 PM
Cutting Disc seems like a big yikes from me.
I'm building the indigon version, but I don't understand how I'm able to have, as PoB tells me, almost 300 mana unreserved while i'm using HoT, wrath, arctic armour with enlighten 4 AND aspect of the spider... I get 18 but i'm still leveling; in any case, reaching 295/300 mana free without dropping aspect seems impossible...

edit: ok got it... I'm still missing arctic armour helm enchant, now frees more mana but still not 300... I'll check it again when I reach lvl90+
Last edited by LewsTherin on Jan 19, 2019, 2:22:00 PM
Thoughts on replacing Arctic Armor in the glove link setup with a lvl 4 Empower for increased damage on Herald and Wrath? This can free up the helm enchant for a +2 level to aoe gems / +1 power charge corruption as you wouldnt need to get a reduced mana reservation enchant on the helm. I've been running this on T16 UGS and it seems to be a decent dps boost overall.

Was also curious if it would make sense to swap out lightning penetration for another empower on our poet's pen setup, not sure if the added damage from +3 levels to arc would counter the effective dps that would be lost by swapping penetration though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info