[3.11] Ice CRASH IT ALL Juggernaut * beginner & budget friendly! tank with high dps!

"
Rorshan wrote:
"
Immortal Call does give a short burst to damage absorption (25% less to physical and 25% less to elemental) for 1 second if no Endurance Charges are active. If you have have all 4 Endurance Charges up, these numbers grow.

I might wait to see what others have to say. I am leaning towards Immortal Call but really don't know.

Maybe a set up like this?

CWDT(1) - Frost Bomb (10) - Enfeeble (5) - Immortal Call (3)

Although there is a chance immortal call and molten shell conflict with each other because they share cool downs.

An Immortal Call on a lvl 1 CWDT doesn't seem like a great idea. You're wasting all your Endurance Charges (which you might very well not get back immediately since Unflinching is only 25%) after only taking 500 damage. So you're gaining a buff when you probably don't need it and making yourself weaker.And you're also putting Molten Shell on CD, which you'd want immediately upon taking very big hits..

I agree.

What do you recommend in the CWDT level 1 setup to go with frost bomb and enfeeble? I can't figure out what Summon Holy Relic is getting us besides a tiny amount of regen.
"
"
PrinceOfPower wrote:
"
I have my end game rings now (Mark of the Elder and a Shaper Ring).

In Metamorph, we can add quality to rings, amulets and belts for the first time.

The quality type is based on what "catalyst" you use. Catalysts are new drops in Metamorph.

The one I am going to use is called Turbulent Catalyst and it adds 1% Elemental damage for every 1 quality. Like other gear this is a max of 20 per items.

I have only found 2 so far.

This is not how it works :)). Your rings or amulet need to have that modifier in order to be increased by the catalyst. So if you have, for example, +30 fire resistence on a ring, using a resistance catalyst will add to that 30 fire resistence another 1% of 30 ( so it's + 0.3 fire resistence per 1% quality). Mark of the Elder doesn't have any elemental damage modifier so it will have 0 benefits from elemental catalyst. You can use attack catalysts on it

Still, what annoints do you guys use or what annoints would be good for medium-high budget?

Thank you for the information. I misunderstood. I thought the added cold damage on the elder ring was considered elemental damage.

My other ring has an affix of "increased cold damage". Does that one meet the requirement of elemental damage?

Yes, increased cold damage do count as elemental damage so it should work. It doesn't work with mark of the elder because that cold damage was added to attacks transforming it in an attack modifier.
"
PrinceOfPower wrote:

Yes, increased cold damage do count as elemental damage so it should work. It doesn't work with mark of the elder because that cold damage was added to attacks transforming it in an attack modifier.

Thanks!

Which catalyst should I look for for the Mark of the Elder ring? I have not seen many drop yet.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Dec 19, 2019, 3:21:18 PM
"

What do you recommend in the CWDT level 1 setup to go with frost bomb and enfeeble? I can't figure out what Summon Holy Relic is getting us besides a tiny amount of regen.

I don't really know. The only idea i have would be Power Charge on Critical Support but the PoB is sitting at about 22% crit chance on WoC so it's not amazing. Also Power Charges just gives us a bit of crit which is just alright but nothing special.

Is it better than Summon Holy Relic? Who knows :D

Usually I'd say that maybe unlink the 4 gem slot and use it for something like a Vaal Grace but we already have a lot of free gem slots as it is..
Last edited by Rorshan on Dec 19, 2019, 2:06:20 PM
Hey!
First of all thx for the build, maybe the most fun i had up to now playing poe.

I have a question regarding weapons to use. Im playing ssf and I just found a unique mace that gives double dmg to chilled enemies. The thing is im not sure how chill works and if im actually chilling bosses, or how effective it actualy is, because the tooltip dps says it is lower than another mace i have.

But the result seems to be what i was expecting, after a few hits i think im dealing more dmg, but im not sure. Do you think it is a good mace to keep? Is there any way to measure dps better than poe tooltip? I just know about pob, but im not using it right now.

thx in advance and ggs!
Dear OP and other ice smashers, how do you feel about the inspiration support gem, is it only good for leveling phase to reduce the mana cost or it may be actually good pick for our 6L?
"
jonluk wrote:
Hey!
First of all thx for the build, maybe the most fun i had up to now playing poe.

I have a question regarding weapons to use. Im playing ssf and I just found a unique mace that gives double dmg to chilled enemies. The thing is im not sure how chill works and if im actually chilling bosses, or how effective it actualy is, because the tooltip dps says it is lower than another mace i have.

But the result seems to be what i was expecting, after a few hits i think im dealing more dmg, but im not sure. Do you think it is a good mace to keep? Is there any way to measure dps better than poe tooltip? I just know about pob, but im not using it right now.

thx in advance and ggs!

The weapon is called Frostbreath and is one of the best weapons for this build. You want to keep this one :)

"
Agarwaen88 wrote:
Dear OP and other ice smashers, how do you feel about the inspiration support gem, is it only good for leveling phase to reduce the mana cost or it may be actually good pick for our 6L?

Inspiration is a valid option for this build and solve all mana problem. I will add it to options in the skill section.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Hey guys. What Gloves are better Choice , Hrimburn Or the other one?
"
Acardipane wrote:
Hey guys. What Gloves are better Choice , Hrimburn Or the other one?

The gloves are virtually identical except that Hrimburn has one extra modifier called cold damage can ignite. From the wiki:

Hrimburn allows the player's cold damage to ignite enemies, in addition to freezing and chilling. The burning damage from ignites caused by cold damage is cold damage that has been converted to fire, so it will follow the usual rules for damage conversion and can be affected by both cold and fire modifiers (along with other usual modifiers to ignite).

Because of this extra modifier, Hrimburn is better, but I don't know how to quantify how much better. I am still using Hrimsorrow for now.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Dec 19, 2019, 4:55:34 PM
Thanks for your insight so far everyone! I've arrived in act 4 now and I really don't know which direction to take next on the skill tree (after doing the long way to the leech node. I'm sitting now at a healthy 11 free skill points and I'm afraid to spec into nodes which are useful for level 90, but not for 40.

Which clusters should I aim for next? Ambidexterity? Born to fight? Some of the crit stuff? Fangs of Frost?

Which clusters are clearly the endgame ones? Constitution and the Jewels?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info