[3.11] Ice CRASH IT ALL Juggernaut * beginner & budget friendly! tank with high dps!

"
I just did a quick test on my build.

I replaced my Level 19 Herald of Purity with a Level 22 Herald of Ice. The in hide out tool tip damage is nearly identical.

However, once you factor in that Herald of Purity also gives you the 4 little guys that do a decent amount of clean up work and keep pounding on the boss while you may have to step back to gain health, I think the Purity has the edge.

I think if you compared a Level 20 Purity with a Level 20 Ice, the Purity would come out even better.

Alright it's pretty simple in the end, thank you !
"
Immortal Call does give a short burst to damage absorption (25% less to physical and 25% less to elemental) for 1 second if no Endurance Charges are active. If you have have all 4 Endurance Charges up, these numbers grow.

I might wait to see what others have to say. I am leaning towards Immortal Call but really don't know.

Maybe a set up like this?

CWDT(1) - Frost Bomb (10) - Enfeeble (5) - Immortal Call (3)

Although there is a chance immortal call and molten shell conflict with each other because they share cool downs.

An Immortal Call on a lvl 1 CWDT doesn't seem like a great idea. You're wasting all your Endurance Charges (which you might very well not get back immediately since Unflinching is only 25%) after only taking 500 damage. So you're gaining a buff when you probably don't need it and making yourself weaker.And you're also putting Molten Shell on CD, which you'd want immediately upon taking very big hits.

However I do think Immortal Call or even Steelskin are pretty good alternatives to Molten Shell in the lvl 20 CWDT setup. It takes a bit of work to be able to get a decent amount of armor, so Molten Shell doesn't shine until later in the itemization process.
Hey guys, I'd appreciate some leveling advide: maybe I'm missing it in the top post - is there any recommendation on how to progress in the skill tree? Are there any nodes I should rush to asap?
"
HatMatter wrote:
Hey guys, I'd appreciate some leveling advide: maybe I'm missing it in the top post - is there any recommendation on how to progress in the skill tree? Are there any nodes I should rush to asap?

From my point of view, one of the best things to rush is the Leech node. I even did it(by accident mind you, but it was a fast way to get to it) by going the short route through a few attribute nodes shown by the red arrow. After that I finished the "long way"(green arrow) and just got the 3 points back with the refunds that you have. Overall I hate having mana issues and that's why I always try to solve them first with the way I assign points in the passive tree.

After the leech node and finishing up the "long way" I started going to the top-left side for mace/scepter damage and stuff. But overall at this point you should just look at your damage/survival and decide where you should go first.
Hope this helps.
Last edited by Fros7yTheNinja on Dec 19, 2019, 5:06:25 AM
"
I have my end game rings now (Mark of the Elder and a Shaper Ring).

In Metamorph, we can add quality to rings, amulets and belts for the first time.

The quality type is based on what "catalyst" you use. Catalysts are new drops in Metamorph.

The one I am going to use is called Turbulent Catalyst and it adds 1% Elemental damage for every 1 quality. Like other gear this is a max of 20 per items.

I have only found 2 so far.

This is not how it works :)). Your rings or amulet need to have that modifier in order to be increased by the catalyst. So if you have, for example, +30 fire resistence on a ring, using a resistance catalyst will add to that 30 fire resistence another 1% of 30 ( so it's + 0.3 fire resistence per 1% quality). Mark of the Elder doesn't have any elemental damage modifier so it will have 0 benefits from elemental catalyst. You can use attack catalysts on it

Still, what annoints do you guys use or what annoints would be good for medium-high budget?
Last edited by PrinceOfPower on Dec 19, 2019, 5:33:54 AM
Do you think Death Oath is usable with this build as a "cheap" high armor alternative ?
Of course considering Lore and Brass are really expensive atm.

Also... is the high armor significantly helpful on the body armor ? Or is a rare one with just ~1000 already enough ?

Whats the "optimal" total armor to have on the character anyway ?
Atm i have 12k, but only 5 linked armor..

Thanks !
Last edited by Nite1984 on Dec 19, 2019, 6:15:15 AM
"

After the leech node and finishing up the "long way" I started going to the top-left side for mace/scepter damage and stuff. But overall at this point you should just look at your damage/survival and decide where you should go first.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for this hint! This short cut to leech is what I am doing right now. I dont seem to understand the leech mechanics fully. With Hrimsorrow, we convert 50% of phys damage to elemental damage. Ice Crash (and Molten Strike which I'm using for leveling) does the same. Is there any phys damage to leech off left actually?

Edit: I just realized: The node says "of attack damage" not "of physical attack damage" - does this mean we can leech off elemental damage from this node?
Last edited by HatMatter on Dec 19, 2019, 7:28:27 AM
"
Nite1984 wrote:
Do you think Death Oath is usable with this build as a "cheap" high armor alternative ?
Of course considering Lore and Brass are really expensive atm.

Also... is the high armor significantly helpful on the body armor ? Or is a rare one with just ~1000 already enough ?

Whats the "optimal" total armor to have on the character anyway ?
Atm i have 12k, but only 5 linked armor..

Thanks !

Bashtart has a ~1k body armour in his initial post. I'm following this build myself and can't see much of a difference in survivability going for 1k armour or higher but I currently don't have all the gem setups as Basthart has in this guide.

Buff can take Damage equal to 20% of your Armour, up to a maximum of 10000 => since he is using CWDT Molten Shell level 20 which is granting additional armour I think you can easily check how much scaling you get with let's say a granite flask (later maybe using Lion's Roar) to see how much armour you gain while having the flask active to determine whether it's enough or not ;-) For the max buff from Molten Shell you need 50k armour which as a Jugg should be obtainable even without Brass Dome etc.
"
PrinceOfPower wrote:
"
I have my end game rings now (Mark of the Elder and a Shaper Ring).

In Metamorph, we can add quality to rings, amulets and belts for the first time.

The quality type is based on what "catalyst" you use. Catalysts are new drops in Metamorph.

The one I am going to use is called Turbulent Catalyst and it adds 1% Elemental damage for every 1 quality. Like other gear this is a max of 20 per items.

I have only found 2 so far.

This is not how it works :)). Your rings or amulet need to have that modifier in order to be increased by the catalyst. So if you have, for example, +30 fire resistence on a ring, using a resistance catalyst will add to that 30 fire resistence another 1% of 30 ( so it's + 0.3 fire resistence per 1% quality). Mark of the Elder doesn't have any elemental damage modifier so it will have 0 benefits from elemental catalyst. You can use attack catalysts on it

Still, what annoints do you guys use or what annoints would be good for medium-high budget?

Thank you for the information. I misunderstood. I thought the added cold damage on the elder ring was considered elemental damage.

My other ring has an affix of "increased cold damage". Does that one meet the requirement of elemental damage?
"
HatMatter wrote:
"

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this hint! This short cut to leech is what I am doing right now. I dont seem to understand the leech mechanics fully. With Hrimsorrow, we convert 50% of phys damage to elemental damage. Ice Crash (and Molten Strike which I'm using for leveling) does the same. Is there any phys damage to leech off left actually?

Edit: I just realized: The node says "of attack damage" not "of physical attack damage" - does this mean we can leech off elemental damage from this node?

That is correct. That node will allow you to leech both physical and elemental damage with attacks. It is crucial to get it so that you can ditch the mana flasks for something more useful. I am sustaining mana using a 6 link ice crash and having 15% of my mana pool unreserved.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info