[3.8] Demi's Infinite Tinkerer, the Lightning Trap Saboteur (EVERYTHING/BUDGET VIABLE)

Great gide!! maybe i will try this build because i never did traps.

Two questions, Is life in the tree enough? What would you give up to have more life in the tree? 135 % seems pretty low in my comfort zone. Thanks
"
LowBudget780 wrote:

This build clears fast and you can kill Shaper and all other bosses with it using a Tabula and shit gear. Wander is obviously faster but it is also like 5+ times the price and is useless against bosses.

Great, I'll try this one then!

What gems are good for skills for say Acts 1-4??? I want to power level hard tomorrow and want it to be fast easy kills, and it's my first time playing a Shadow.

Any advice with the best gems to pick/buy from vendors right off the start is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
"
PoeHead wrote:
"
LowBudget780 wrote:

This build clears fast and you can kill Shaper and all other bosses with it using a Tabula and shit gear. Wander is obviously faster but it is also like 5+ times the price and is useless against bosses.

Great, I'll try this one then!

What gems are good for skills for say Acts 1-4??? I want to power level hard tomorrow and want it to be fast easy kills, and it's my first time playing a Shadow.

Any advice with the best gems to pick/buy from vendors right off the start is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Skills and items are suggested in the leveling spoiler on the first page
Last edited by Camatoo on Dec 7, 2018, 1:48:18 AM
Anyone played both arc and lighting trap with this build? Thoughts on clearspeed between the two? It seems lighting trap is going to be substantially better with bosses (right?), but I've never played it so don't know how it clears when compared to arc.
"
saxisa wrote:
Anyone played both arc and lighting trap with this build? Thoughts on clearspeed between the two? It seems lighting trap is going to be substantially better with bosses (right?), but I've never played it so don't know how it clears when compared to arc.

I leveled a dummy toon to 40 ish and arc feels a little bit better at clearing trash than lightning trap, but you don't have to worry about bosses because lightning spire just wrecks them.
"
I must be missing something here. You say you throw 5 traps at a time. But according to links, you only use cluster trap support. Isn't that 3 then?

We cleared this up on stream yesterday. The 5 was in an earlier patch before cluster traps got nerfed. Demi fixed that number in the initial posting.

It's 4 now. 1 base + 2 cluster trap + 1 from gloves. In theory, one could add multi trap support for another 2, but you'd have to test that damage wise.
this will be my starter guide for the new league :). im really hyped, never played a trapper before.

guys are you ready? :D
I' also going to leaguestart with this, very enthusiast :-)

Any added value to using Vaal Lightning Trap ? I don't see any other Vaal skills, so this could be a good damage boost ? Or is a 21/20 simple Lightning Trap better ?
Newbie here, Tried both Arc trap and Lighting trap and thoughts

Arc Trap:
Pro: Clear mobs/maps faster due to the chains which can chain far away + safer
Con: Damage can be inconsistent, one throw kills vs two throw kills

Lightning Trap:
Pro: Damage is more stable and consistent than Arc trap
Con: the lightning projectiles flying around did not hit the intended monster and same with arc trap, may require more than 1 throw to kill trashs.

I prefer and enjoy the look and style of the lighting trap (many light balls projectiles flying across the screen) but how do we ensure the mobs are truly killed if we speed run ? :'(

Meanwhile, Arc totem solves ALL of the said issue... but still my love is for lighting trap
Last edited by SaD.ShUrIkEnGeR on Dec 7, 2018, 4:12:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info