"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
cronus wrote:
"
60x7 wrote:
Still not buying recolors at high prices

well, you can't recolor them yourself.

Yeah, GGG stopped talking about dye in 2012...

Guess they figured out they could wring much more money out of people this way.

But when so many other games do have dye, it's hard not to read this as *supremely greedy* from a strictly buyer's perspective.

i agree, it can be seen like that for a certain group of players.

but you know my stance on that, it never made sense from a pure buyers point of view to pay 200$ for one scorpion and 10$ for another with just a different color.

they just symbolised different levels of support.

ggg swapping to "selling mtx to look good" with mtx price inflation over time and periodical sellouts naturally leads to people wanting more impressive stuff if they pay more.

which then leads to weird designer decisions to make mtx look impressive. dark and gritty...
Last edited by cronus on Jul 20, 2018, 1:43:24 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:

this all hinged on the desire to support, not merely to buy. if anyone would know that, its me.
that desire is all but dead now. the widespread reaction to this glut of premium recolour mtxes makes pretty clear.

tencentggg need to figure out how to either regain that or how to behave like any other sellout.

well, you're right if i think about it twice. if they kept that principle (desire to support) they would have had to switch to a subscription based model the moment they sold the company.

their "buy stuff to look good" model is compatible to both.

personally, when it comes to support, i think i did my thing and it's on others to keep it running. you know, those who want to "look good".
Last edited by cronus on Jul 21, 2018, 4:57:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info