[3.5] Ele Thickk - Super Tanky Ele Hit - Uber Elder Deathless -No Xoph's -No Frostferno - Videos Up

"
Hi, can someone help me upgrading my gear ? My single target dps if really low. And I don't know how you get tanky, I almost always getting OS with 6.5k life

I find you don't so much get 'tanky', you become evasive enough to dodge most stuff and have the HP pool and overleech to soak the odd big hit you do take. If you're worried about safety then drop the second Life Flask and the Dying Sun for a Basalt and probably Jade Flask. You shouldn't need two Life Flasks, just be careful when running between packs and have Blood Rage ticking you down.

Damage-wise I'll address some single target stuff below, but obvious upgrades that I cane see would be looking for more flat damage on your Abyss Jewels, an Ele Hit IAS enchanted helm, 2 socketed Tombfists, and a better ring with WED and other nice stats on it.

"
One more question, what do you think of a dying sun? would it be a upgrade for mapping?

eeeh, and whats ure idea for single target? Gem/item swapping? i have the feeling that in hard boss encounters the single target dmg is a bit off.

Again, not sold on Dying Sun. I've tried it for mapping and find it unneccessary, and looking at your gear you should feel the same especially given you have the +1 arrow on your Quiver. It's nice in theory but for fast mapping I run Life Flask/Wise Oak/Silver Flask (of Warding)/Quicksilver Flask (of Adrenaline)/Basalt Flask (of Heat). I don't feel like I could drop either the curse or the freeze immunity which are the main things that make mapping pose any actual threat (to me).

For single target you should look to be using a Chin Sol (ideally on weapon swap with a +3 bow for clearing) running the following gems:
Ele Hit/Mirage Archer/Combustion/Elemental Damage with Attacks/Damage on Full Life/Fire Penetration

The swap from GMP to Fire Pen should solve your damage issues.

One other thing that I've found helpful since I made the change is using Vaal Cold Snap, the extra ailment that you can guarantee to apply to bosses gives you an extra damage boost from Yoke and The Taming if you happen to be running it like I am.

That being said, anyone got an opinion on The Taming vs a good ring with WED etc on it? I've been running The Taming since I hit end-game and have balanced my res around it which I've found neccessary because I use HH so none to be gained there. I feel like I could probably cover my resists with a rare but it would be fiddly to do at this point, and with 9.3k hp even with no life from that ring slot I don't know how much I would stand to gain from doing so.
After Life, what affixes should I be looking for on the Abyssal Jewels?
Assuming you don't need to cover resistances, any 'fire damage to attacks' or 'fire damage to bow attacks' is big damage-wise. Other elements or physical is still going to be a damage boost, but anything massive. Chaos does nothing since Avatar of Fire doesn't convert it.

I find having one with 'chance to blind enemies on hit with attacks' super useful, especially for delving.

'chance to gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on kill' is handy if you're not running a Silver Flask.

Finally an 'increased damage if you've killed recently' is again useful for delving, and for blasting through maps.

My jewels aren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but take a look if you want an idea of the sort of things you can aim for. They start getting expensive though, be prepared to drop multiple ex on a really good jewel with high life.
Great build - enjoying this as my final character for delve league. One question thought: would you suggest pyre and WED/life/resist ring over this combo?

"
MajWoody wrote:
Great build - enjoying this as my final character for delve league. One question thought: would you suggest pyre and WED/life/resist ring over this combo?

I looked up a shaper pyre, just 50 ex Kappa

My guess is that Path of Building can answer your question best.
Build is pretty awesome for Uber Elder. Almost always deathless, but I got melted down, and actually found it impossible to get done, by Aul on depth 420 with +110% extra damage as cold. 8.5k life and I'm on one hit whenever I do some false step. I'm pretty sure it's in half way my fault due to the poor knowledge of fight mechanics.

I believe I'm gonna find him somewhere not that deep with some more friendly mods.
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
Last edited by _phlv_ on Nov 5, 2018, 5:53:34 PM
"
_phlv_ wrote:
Build is pretty awesome for Uber Elder. Almost always deathless, but I got melted down, and actually found it impossible to get done, by Aul on depth 420 with +110% extra damage as cold. 8.5k life and I'm on one hit whenever I do some false step. I'm pretty sure it's in half way my fault due to the poor knowledge of fight mechanics.

I believe I'm gonna find him somewhere not that deep with some more friendly mods.

Aul fight in general is like u.elder on steroids,with those mods it becomes almost impossible
Enjoying the build. How difficult is it to do red elder w/ shaper alive with my gear? Should I bring along frostwall?
Hi guys,

Since this is my last build for the league i wanted a boss killer.

However mino just handed me my arse :D

What can i do to up my damage even more?

i have abt 1-2ex left.
1-2 ex... not a lot to work with there. You could potentially look for a ring that isn't Ventors, but I don't know what that would leave your res situation looking like. You might need to look for something like that and a rare helm to cover resists (You probably won't be able to get the Ele Hit AS enchant, could try looking for the Blood Rage one though?)

Upgrades for me as I've geared up my character have been in roughly this order (in terms of what I prioritised) once I had all the basic stuff:

- Ele Hit enchanted helm with 'nearby enemies have -fire res'
- 2 socket Bubonic Trails
- Corrupted Kaom's Heart with '% Increased Damage' implicit
- Improving jewels across the board (Still a WIP, the corrupted Combat Focuses were a nice little damage boost, I find I outleech corrupted blood so I didn't look for one of those)

Again, I am no shining example of what this build should look like, but I feel that at this point I provide a decent example of what you'd want your gear to look like without getting outrageously min-max-y, so check out my profile. If you're not using HH and/or The Taming obviously you'd just be after a good Life/WED ring and similar stats on a Stygian Vise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info