[3.5] Ele Thickk - Super Tanky Ele Hit - Uber Elder Deathless -No Xoph's -No Frostferno - Videos Up

I'm going give this build a try because it seems to combine bows with survivability and I can grab most of the gear from my other builds. However I'm a bit tight on the budget atm and can only get Tombfists with one socket. Which jewel (murderous or searching) would give more damage or are they about the same? I know I'll be missing a lot dmg with the one socket gloves, but I think it will be enough for the testing phase anyway.
"
I'm going give this build a try because it seems to combine bows with survivability and I can grab most of the gear from my other builds. However I'm a bit tight on the budget atm and can only get Tombfists with one socket. Which jewel (murderous or searching) would give more damage or are they about the same? I know I'll be missing a lot dmg with the one socket gloves, but I think it will be enough for the testing phase anyway.

Murderous Eye Jewel
Intimidate is a debuff that causes the affected target to take 10% increased attack damage.

Searching Eye Jewel
Maim is a debuff that applies 30% reduced movement speed on the affected target for 4 seconds.

Decide which one is more important to you.
Hello

I am terrible at Path of Building, so could someone have a look at the following question.

When I use a lvl 21 Ele Hit gem, is replacing a 20/20 Damage on Full Life support gem with a lvl 4 Empower giving more DPS when using:
- map clearing bow with +3 levels
- boss clearing Chin Sol set up

Does anyone know?
Last edited by HarryBolls on Oct 24, 2018, 2:17:23 PM
"
HarryBolls wrote:
Hello

I am terrible at Path of Building, so could someone have a look at the following question.

When I use a lvl 21 Ele Hit gem, is replacing a 20/20 Damage on Full Life support gem with a lvl 4 Empower giving more DPS when using:
- map clearing bow with +3 levels
- boss clearing Chin Sol set up

Does anyone know?

If I check only "always on full life", I get following numbers on your char on PoB:

Map clearing setup:
Damage on full life as 6th gem: 132k
Empower 4 as 6th gem: 123k

Boss clearing setup:
Damage on full life as 6th gem: 204k
Empower 4 as 6th gem: 190k
Is Pob link correct, tree only goes to 83

Also why is OP putting onslaught on jewels, you get it free raider and PF for bossing, well they're on kill so you won't generate any?

IMO at least one Onslaught jewel shouldn't be beyond the reach of most players, and I personally find it invaluable this league while delving - I run Life Flask & Wise Oak then Jade/Quartz/Basalt Flask for survivability. Having even the one Onslaught jewel means you still get fairly good uptime on it while running the crawler, and near-full uptime at each node.
Last edited by XxXDominusXxX on Oct 25, 2018, 4:57:27 AM
Yes for pathfinder, if you are mapping/delving. OP suggested Pathfinder for bossing, Raider for mapping. For me delving is closer to mapping then bossing, and onslaught on jewels/quiver is pretty much useless for raider.

The guide says 3.4 but i don't think OP updated it, there's no mention of delve anywhere that i can see & the PoB is incomplete. Are people typically running pathfinder for delve progression? It's not like you run out of flasks
From looking at 600+ delvers on poe.ninja there seems to be a pretty even spread of Pathfinder, Raider, and Elementalist. Guessing the Ele folks are focusing on mapping more than anything...?

I've been sticking with PF because I like the idea of the attack speed and penetration, but in saying that I've only been down to ~350 and have just stuck with Chin Sol for all content and just shotgunning everything down in delves.

I have a HH though so once I get rolling everything melts anyway, YMMV.
Last edited by XxXDominusXxX on Oct 25, 2018, 7:40:12 AM
Im thinking about rigwalds quills, what do u think? is it worth the cost?
I'm not sold on Rigwald's, I feel like Drillneck is fine as a lower end option and then if you want to really sink currency into it then a rare with high life, WED, AS etc would be more worthwhile. I considered it for a while myself but haven't felt like it would be a worthy use of the ~7 ex.

Having had a quick look at your gear I feel like you'd be far better off spending that currency on improving your jewels as easy upgrades, and working towards a helm with at least the Ele Hit AS enchant, and ideally with the -fire res affix on it. They can get expensive but I feel like that'd give you more bang for your buck.

(Disclaimer: I am no Ele Hit prodigy who knows it all - it's my first time doing it this league but I've been having a blast - so someone may very well prove me wrong either anecdotally or with PoB evidence, take anything I say with a grain of salt.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info