[On Hold] Elemental Hit Ascendant [All Content]

"
redshogun46 wrote:
Combat Focus now causes Elemental Hit to deal 50% less damage of the prevented element, including damage that gets converted from the prevented element to a new element.

....but if the -50% less damage apply after the 50% conversion from avatar of fire we didn't get an realy hard nerf.

To me, the CF change says prevented element's dmg will get halved before conversions. For example if you had 100 lightning dmg and you used CF to prevent it, that value changes to 50 now. That value is now used to calculate conversions. All conversions would use that, including AoF rings gems etc. Not a huge hit imo. I think the builds that use ele hit this way will lose around a third of their dmg. Not sure of the exact math though
Is it possible to start with RoA for this build and than switch to EH? Or better pick another starter?
No real update to this guide. Yes the build has been nerfed but mechanically it will still function the same with less damage overall. The good news is that the damage was absolutely insane before and will still be very high.

I'll be giving us an updated PoB and some updated skill trees for 3.4 but rest assured that this build will still function fine and still be one of the best endgame builds.

"
ele hit dead now?
The demise of ele hit has been greatly exaggerated.

"
To me, the CF change says prevented element's dmg will get halved before conversions. For example if you had 100 lightning dmg and you used CF to prevent it, that value changes to 50 now. That value is now used to calculate conversions. All conversions would use that, including AoF rings gems etc. Not a huge hit imo. I think the builds that use ele hit this way will lose around a third of their dmg. Not sure of the exact math though
Yes it's basically as you describe - the caveat to the math is that we use Call of the Brotherhood to convert 40% light to cold so it actually gets hit by the conversion nerf twice putting our overall damage output to around 60% of what it used to be. A heavy handed (but necessary) nerf IMO. The build was absolutely dumpstering the endgame.

"
I would assume it's a FAQ, but can this be used as a league starter in Delve? I didn't have the chance to try out Ele hit in Incursion, but now can be the time :)

"
If u want to do this build as a league starter, u're probably looking at the the cotb ring and 2 combat focus jewels before anything else, i'm quite sure they wont be cheap the first week.

maybe its better to level up as caustic arrow build or whatever to farm some currency and clear some labs. U need to respec the build if u're using scion anyway.

"
Is it possible to start with RoA for this build and than switch to EH? Or better pick another starter?
League starting as a bow character is notoriously difficult. League starting as Scion is notoriously difficult. I don't recommend this unless you are a very experienced player.
Last edited by thi3n on Aug 30, 2018, 1:52:13 PM
Would you consider going Elemental Overload to mitigate some of the lost damage? Losing RT would need some accuracy on gear but I think its managable. Instead of pathing through RT we can path through tempar and marauder start and pick up more accuracy nodes.
"
villur wrote:
Would you consider going Elemental Overload to mitigate some of the lost damage? Losing RT would need some accuracy on gear but I think its managable. Instead of pathing through RT we can path through tempar and marauder start and pick up more accuracy nodes.

EO might be decent if u're using slayer/deadeye scion,

u need 3 more passive pts to travel from AoF to EO after taking out RT, with current tree.

deadeye gets free pierce, so you save 3 pts at Piercing Shots and put them in the 3 nodes at King of the Hill for 100% increased crit chance. Maybe throw in boot enchants "120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently". Abyss jewels with "20-30% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't dealt a Critical Strike Recently" might be gd here.

Chin Sol has better base crit chance 6.5% compared with quill rain 5% but
fastest chin sol has 1.43 aps, so it might be slow to proc EO.

bitch about a niche game? lol.
each new league is a circus of nerfs and buffs.
where is the element of fun in discovering the unknown in this game?
CA for league start, it's viable?
Gear snapshot has been updated. Working on a Deathless Uber Elder for 3.4 got close last night!

I have moved away from Call of the Brotherhood ring since it was converting 40% Lightning to Cold and was suffering from the Combat Focus damage penalty twice. Update Log and Ring section updated for this.

"

"
EO might be decent if u're using slayer/deadeye scion,

u need 3 more passive pts to travel from AoF to EO after taking out RT, with current tree.

deadeye gets free pierce, so you save 3 pts at Piercing Shots and put them in the 3 nodes at King of the Hill for 100% increased crit chance. Maybe throw in boot enchants "120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently". Abyss jewels with "20-30% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't dealt a Critical Strike Recently" might be gd here.

Chin Sol has better base crit chance 6.5% compared with quill rain 5% but
fastest chin sol has 1.43 aps, so it might be slow to proc EO.

Great comments. EO is absolutely being considered. Great point about Deadeye as well. I have moved to using Drillneck for Pierce and a more life-heavy tree for the time being.
I would HIGHLY recommend anyone playing this build get a +3 bow for delving over quill rain

also sup thi3n
Is there a Deadeye Version to this build? Can you give me a link or pob for a Deadeye Version? I already have a Ranger so dont want to start all over again if possible to do it with DE.
Can you conveniently do early maps with Ele hit without the Combat Focus jewels using EE for the time being until you get the jewels?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info