Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

"
Verrilo wrote:
Zealotry or Precision?

Zealotry I would think for the spell damage buff.

Thank you for updating this guide so quickly. I'm excited to do spectres again!

If you want to add a second damage aura, Zealotry is the best option.

*Precision was in the build last league, but it was completely unnecesary.
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
"
kayella wrote:
"
superkegs wrote:
Would you still recommend Slave Drivers #1 if I didn't want to gems swap?

I think you mentioned in your update that you would just use Conc full-time, but not sure it that's true with Drivers specifically because of melee range (of if you recommend another spectre entirely in 3.9).

I just absolutely hate hot-swapping gems mid-map/fight/whatever, so I'm wondering what you think the best (4/5/6) links would be and which spectre you would choose for a general end-game (maps, bosses, etc...) without switching stuff around all the time.

Should mention that I play SSF exclusively, so would probably going with W/S variant and I assume mostly crafted gear at the start.

Yes, SD are #1 for no gem swap. Their spell is already an aoe which gives them decent map clearing and they hit very hard. You can see how I run straight into the boss room with SDs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaD5slUdtyE&t=543s

The other spectres shoot a single projectile, so with GMP they are very good for clearing (will offscreen clear). But, it has a '26% reduced damage', so a white socket + gem swap is advisable for endgame bossing.

4L: RS, SE, MD, DM
5L: RS, SE, MD, DM, EF
5L: RS, SE, MD, DM, EF, CE

You could substitute Inc AOE for CE if you have a 6L. There should be more than enough DPS without the 'more damage' from Conc.

Thanks for the quick reply.

One follow-up question, and it's more general. I'm not sure how much of an expert you are in the other summoner variants, but maybe in the FAQ having a short synopsis of other Summoner builds and how the Spectre specific build compares (playstyle, ease of executiion/maintenance, leveling, gearing etc...) would be helpful.

I, like many, started summoner last league (first summoner since I started back in 2.x) and it was basically just throw in anything minion related (mostly zombie focused though). Now that GGG has nerfed minions a bit, I'd be curious to see how the various summoner types compare to each other from a high-level perspective.

edit: Just for the sake of clarity, I guess the tl;dr is - "Why is a Spectres focused build better/worse/different than other popular Necro builds (i.e. Skeletons). How does it play differently? Is it inherently easier/harder to level or gear later on? Is one better or worse for damage or survivability?

And while I have you another FAQ-esque question:

What changes/modifications would you make to this build overall if someone was going to use it in SSFHC (which I imagine a lot of people are contemplating doing because of the Ziz/GGG Awakener event).

Thanks for all your work on this!
Last edited by superkegs on Dec 12, 2019, 2:40:22 PM
So with this new armour scaling... Will this affect spectres at all?

"
Monsters throughout the game now have more armour, from 33% at level 1 up to 2762% at level 84. Sounds a lot scarier than it is, because their base armour is stirringly unimpressive.
Last edited by Vaildez on Dec 12, 2019, 1:18:19 PM
Armour reduces physical damage. If you use spectres which deal Elemental damage, they don´t even care about that change :)
Last edited by as_69 on Dec 12, 2019, 1:51:49 PM
I'm guessing while I'm leveling when I get Elemental Equilibrium I should grab the Armageddon Brand and start casting it on enemies? also I'm guessing I should have no added damage on any of my gear? I'm not sure how "Elemental Equilibrium" works completely as it seems a bit confusing.
"
as_69 wrote:
Armour reduces physical damage. If you use spectres which deal Elemental damage, they don´t even care about that change :)

I guess I meant more can we expect "our" spectres to be much tankier.
I'm super hyped to league start with SD Spectres again! In 3.8 I played the build for almost 8 in-game days, it was SO fun and incredibly efficient.

I was relieved to see we dodged the nerfbat for 3.9. The extra gem levels for a 4th (or 5th) spectre are a minor inconvenience. It just means we'll have to wait an extra couple days for that extra spectre after we've done some fossil crafting -- no big deal at all.

A HUGE thank you again to Kay for keeping the guide updated and for paving the way for all of us RS fanbois!

24 hours to go!
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
I'm guessing while I'm leveling when I get Elemental Equilibrium I should grab the Armageddon Brand and start casting it on enemies? also I'm guessing I should have no added damage on any of my gear? I'm not sure how "Elemental Equilibrium" works completely as it seems a bit confusing.

Exactly! Added fire dmg would be fine though.
Last edited by engelscore235 on Dec 12, 2019, 2:43:11 PM
Just curious, anyone scared that the new bosses (atlas/metamorph might trash our spectres?
"
Despiteful wrote:
Just curious, anyone scared that the new bosses (atlas/metamorph might trash our spectres?

Well I hadn't thought about it but I am now!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info