[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
markmanship wrote:
Hi, i really big fan of your build and want to play this.

And I have few questions.

1. I don't hate molten strikes, but sadly, that skill makes my graphic card 'molten' (too much FPS drop.). So i think i need to swap single target skill. How about Vaal dual strikes? yea, MS perform better and we can't get any benefit from physic dmg increasion to bleeding enenmies. i want to listen your opinion. (Even better if u recommend another single target skill.)
And if VDS is good to swap, what is the best 6-link for it?

2. Why did you choose ascendency champion node over slayer one?

Champion one gives you
- 10% chance fortify( i think you can have it most of time becuz your hits are so fast.)
- enemies take 20% increased damage
- 8% movement speed up
(i know 10% less damage taken from taunt affect anyone else, not you)

slayer one gives you
- culling strike ( 10% more dmg?)
- 20% increased damage while leeching
- keep leeching on full life

i think it's almost same aspect of DPS.

what's different is survivality.

infinite life leeching is always good i think, performing greatly.
And when we fight with endgame boss like uber elder, we must move anyway
so we need to use leap slam frequntly, and can get fortify most of time if linked. i know this is 1000 x inconvenient compared to Champion node but Almost other melee characters use this way to get fortify, sometimes even Chammpion.

is there any reason to choose Champion node?

i want to listen your opinion.

And always thanks for your good guide.

Hi. Maybe not the answer you were looking for, but ahve you tried this guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2089358
A lot of ways to optimize the game to run even in potato mode.
Has way more optimization that regular graphics settings you see in game options.

Also, just wild guess and NOT related to above guide, but how does molten strike MTX skin work lol? I like it more because i personally feel it is less clutter than nonMTX skin.
Hello friend

Great guide really love flicker strike favorite skill in the game. I have been playing for a little bit and i notice I'm super squishy and i dont have the life steal you seem to have in your video was wondering if you would be able to look at my profile and tell me what i'm doing wrong other then flasks which i'm working on now.

Thanks again
Just stopped by just to thank you (again) for your awesome build.
Got me to my first elder, red elder, shaper and uber elder kill.
I even corrupted my Impresence to +1 max res, what i think is awesome.
Keep up your good work.
Could I just weapon swap with a 2nd 6 linked Oro's and wear a Kaom's heart?
"
markmanship wrote:

1. I don't hate molten strikes, but sadly, that skill makes my graphic card 'molten' (too much FPS drop.). So i think i need to swap single target skill. How about Vaal dual strikes? yea, MS perform better and we can't get any benefit from physic dmg increasion to bleeding enenmies. i want to listen your opinion. (Even better if u recommend another single target skill.)

Champion one gives you
- 10% chance fortify( i think you can have it most of time becuz your hits are so fast.)
- 8% movement speed up

slayer one gives you

so we need to use leap slam frequntly, and can get fortify most of time if linked. i know this is 1000 x inconvenient compared to Champion node but Almost other melee characters use this way to get fortify, sometimes even Chammpion.

We already get culling strike from Oro's so that's negated. Movement speed is huge with this build, at least for me. I don't think the leech makes up for what's lost by going slayer. Not to mention the inconvenience you already touched on.
Last edited by AbrownMN on Jan 2, 2019, 1:52:51 PM
"

Yes, this was answered on the first question or two of page one of the build.
"
AbrownMN wrote:
"

Yes, this was answered on the first question or two of page one of the build.

Doh, I swear I didn't see it when I looked earlier and have seen it now. Thank you.
"
Hi.
Iam having trouble with life regen. I have seen in OP's videos having A LOT of life regen, i dont have nearly as much. Currently at lvl90 with decent gear (i suppose)... Anyone mind taking a look?

(profile should be public - Betrayed_Luck)

Try a panicked life flask + pick up vitality void until molten strike is 6 linked.

"
Fourlegs wrote:
So.. this build is so good, I learn a lot and have a nice potential to clear everything with medium budget.

Nice build man!

Really glad you enjoyed, ty Fourlegs!

"
cahisha666 wrote:
Hi man,

so today i cleared Shaper for the first time in my life. Yeah, it may seem that its "nothing", but for me its a big thing. Betrayal is my first league playing from scratch. I am very happy for my shaper kill, never though i would ever kill him, as i still see myself as very noob player. I just wanted to thank you for such great build, fell in love with it since i started flickering in act 10 last league. So man, thank you very much, this build is awesome and i love it with my whole hearth. Thanks <3

Gz!

"
markmanship wrote:

Champion one gives you
- 8% movement speed up

slayer one gives you

Thanks for the interest in the build as well as the questions. Unfortunately there isn't really a good replacement for molten strike. About VDS, I haven't been able to get it to work well. Without being able to take advantage of the bleed benefits the damage just doesn't seem good enough.

Concerning the difference in damage between slayer and champion ascendancy:

Champion:

1) Enemies take 20% increased damage. This is like a shock effect, since it's on the enemy. It will multiply all our damage by 1.2x.

Slayer:

1) Culling strike. We get this naturally from Oro's sacrifice weapon, so it adds nothing.

2) 20% increased damage while leeching. This gets added with our other sources of increased damage, since it applies to us. Lets say we already have 400% increased damage from other sources. While leeching, this would go up to 420%, which results in only a 1.05x total increase in damage (20/400 + 1).

Therefore in terms of damage, they aren't similar at all, champion gives an unconditional 1.2x multiplier, while slayer gives somewhere around 1.05x more damage which gets worse with gear.

In terms of Uber Elder you are right, slayer leech ascendancy + leap slam fortify is likely much better for that specific fight. There is a lot of downtime where we lose our on hit effects and the fight isn't really a damage check. If it was easier to respec into slayer ascendancy than it is currently (have to refund a ton of points) I would be recommending to switch to slayer for Uber Elder fight.

For any content which we can reliably hit a target though, which is literally all other content, the quality of life bonuses that champion provides as well as the damage outranks slayer in my opinion. Having to interrupt flicker strike chains to keep up fortify every few seconds doesn't feel good at all.

"
Hierophunter wrote:
Hello friend

Great guide really love flicker strike favorite skill in the game. I have been playing for a little bit and i notice I'm super squishy and i dont have the life steal you seem to have in your video was wondering if you would be able to look at my profile and tell me what i'm doing wrong other then flasks which i'm working on now.

Thanks again

Hi Hiero,

There's a few things going wrong right now:

1) Immortal call level is too high, it isn't being activated by cast when damage taken. This is a big defensive layer which is inactive. If you sell the immortal call to the vendor with an orb of scouring, the vendor will give you back a lower level version of your gem. The golem is also suffering from this problem but this is a more minor issue.

2) Flasks aren't optimized at all. Lion's roar has no effect on damage since we don't do any physical damage and is therefore a dead flask. Worth noting that normally it works with builds that are converting physical to elemental, this build doesn't convert though just does pure fire damage.

Flasks provide significant character power, a lot of the other one's which you are using are either doing almost nothing (diamond / sulfur flask) or are dead ones (level 24 white life flask).

In particular, a panicked eternal life flask will help with recovery a lot.

3) Fireborn will provide a tremendous amount of damage and is very cheap, please try to get one and put it in the correct location. At low levels of damage, more damage = more life steal.

Hope this helps!

"
Sherubim wrote:
Just stopped by just to thank you (again) for your awesome build.
Got me to my first elder, red elder, shaper and uber elder kill.
I even corrupted my Impresence to +1 max res, what i think is awesome.
Keep up your good work.

GZ!! That is a beautiful Impresence. Balls confirmed.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Just got an Impressence with attack speed + 10% which I thought was nice :D
"
Calien wrote:
Been wrecking content with this build, im probably around 400ex budget but either way let me know if you see any room for improvement. Thanks a ton for making this guide, Ive been a flicker fan since domination and I can finally play it again lol.

Gz on one of the most insane sets of gear I've seen. That belt is ridiculous.

One thing which could be improved are the gloves, try to get a pair with "# to # added fire damage against burning enemies" + attack speed. Spiked gloves aren't optimal as the melee damage bonus they give does not apply to the balls fired by molten strike, which count as projectiles.

The jewels could be improved as well, but I realize this would mess up the perfect wise oak balance that has been created, so this is up to you.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info