[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
stuphynil wrote:
A friend of mine did a build like this with an elementalist and scorching ray totem for shaper. He took resolute technique and went and grabbed all the fire damage increases while mainly staying in the strength tree. I just had an Oro's drop for me so I'm going to try his build out to see how it works.

All I remember was that he was using Kaom's heart and a lot of well itemized shaped gear with lots of burning damage

His ascendancy was shaper of desolation, beacon of ruin, pendulum of destruction, and mastermind of discord. I think his build was almost 100 exalts so it wasnt cheap, but the damage was nuts.

Damn that sounds like a fun build. Shaper got wrecked.

"
OoMuffin wrote:
Hey there, thanks for the amazing work ! I've been looking forward to play flicker strike again, as it is my favorite skill, and having molten strike as a boss killer will definitely make this a favorite ! I've got two questions tho

first one: Could we use a lion's roar instead of the basalt flask or would that
remove too much defensive stats? I don't know if the 20-25% melee dmgs would be enough, to justify it ^^'

second one: what about having ancestral call on flicker strike? I've never played flicker with it and have no idea on how faster do you clear with it, considering that flicker is already a ferrari, could it be worth it ?

Thanks again and have a nice day !

Hey Muffin!

We can't use lion's roar since it only affects physical damage and the build only does fire damage. It's an incredible flask so it is unfortunate.

Concerning ancestral call, it would replace the ruthless support gem. Ancestral call is faster clear if our damage is enough to quickly kill rares. In my experience though, ruthless felt much better in high red maps due to tankier monsters, however this is subjective.

It's possible to level both ruthless and ancestral call and see which one works best at your current gear and map level. They are easily swapped as they are the same gem color.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Alright, forgot about the "deal no physical damage", thought it would convert or something like that ^^' well, thanks a lot for you answer, I know what I'll play next league, thanks to you ! Have a realy nice league, looking forward to some updates if you play the build :D
Is this viable for a league starter? I looked at the price history of Oros and it's only 1 chaos on day one usually.
"
Navixo wrote:
Is this viable for a league starter? I looked at the price history of Oros and it's only 1 chaos on day one usually.

Yup Oro's is always close to worthless. This was my league starter in incursion - it needs very little investment to get the base build up and running.

Only annoying thing is that the impresence amulet is inaccessible until about a week in when the bulk of players starts farming elder. Have to use effigon amulet or a rare amulet until then.
- Scion Build Guides -

Heya is it still the optimal way to go jugg/champion?

What about getting chieftain instead of jugg for example? If you manage to get some accuracy on gear that should work?

Or do you think the endurance charges are necessary in order to survive?

Thanks!
Why does it look like you have Wildfire Jewels in places for your endgame passive tree that don't have the 40 Strength in the radius to give the extra balls?
You don't need to have Str nodes allocated, just need to be in range. And according to my PoB they are.
Last edited by Lirhtim on Nov 26, 2018, 2:58:40 PM
I have a question:

Could we replace Impresence with Yoke of Suffering and drop Flammability?

With a few "chance to shock" jewels it could be a huge damage increase.

Thanks.
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

Hey Motto,

Glad you are enjoying the build. A few things in order of importance:

Hey again! Thanks for the tips. Really helped me out!

I've capped my resses and currently I'm sitting at 5,1k life. I still need more survivality so I'll be getting a second 'Meek Jewel' soon and some more life.

I've got one question that bothers me:
is there any way to deal with "reflect elemental damage"?
Would Sibyl's Lament help?

Also, what's that totem skill that you are using in the videos?
Is it a decoy totem?
Visit my personal blog:
https://www.TomaszDrozd.com
Last edited by MonsieurMotto on Nov 26, 2018, 5:06:18 PM
"
nobosy wrote:
Heya is it still the optimal way to go jugg/champion?

What about getting chieftain instead of jugg for example? If you manage to get some accuracy on gear that should work?

Or do you think the endurance charges are necessary in order to survive?

Thanks!

Jugg/champ combo still optimal because of the stun immunity. If stuns don't bother you though chieftain will do more single target damage. Endurance charges aren't necessary.

"
Vampiricx wrote:
I have a question:

Could we replace Impresence with Yoke of Suffering and drop Flammability?

With a few "chance to shock" jewels it could be a huge damage increase.

Thanks.

Yeah its a possible amulet swap. Not sure about the numbers but there have been a few players who have been happier with it than an Impresence. Keep in mind though that molten strike doesn't do big hits so shocking bosses more than 1-2% will be really hard.

"
MonsieurMotto wrote:

Hey again! Thanks for the tips. Really helped me out!

I've capped my resses and currently I'm sitting at 5,1k life. I still need more survivality so I'll be getting a second 'Meek Jewel' soon and some more life.

I've got one question that bothers me:
is there any way to deal with "reflect elemental damage"?
Would Sibyl's Lament help?

Also, what's that totem skill that you are using in the videos?
Is it a decoy totem?

Hey Np!

Copy pasted from Guffin's guide, how to deal with ele reflect. It may be really difficult capping resists though without having any on a ring slot since we use so many unique items.

"
Guffinn wrote:
Ele Reflect:
You can run it without problems, even though the vast majority of your Damage is Elemental.

For these maps you need to:
Pick Yugul + Solaris (Check the Pantheon Section further up).
Make sure your left Ring has no important resists or Stats (that loosing would brick your gear) on it. You Equip Sibyl's Lament here.

All together, you have 80 to 83% reflect Reduction, if you run the Endgame Setup of 75%+ Cold Conversion.
40% from Sibyl's Lament + 25% from Yugul + 10% from Primeval Force + 8% from Solaris if you haven't been hit recently OR 5% from Yugul if you have been hit recently.

If messing with your resist seems like a huge chore just reroll ele reflect maps though.

The totem skill is called "Ancestral protector". It gives 1.2x damage when it's active and close to you.

It looks like you have an "Ancestral call" support gem where the protector gem is supposed to go in your gear, you might have confused the two.

Best of luck!
- Scion Build Guides -

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info