[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
NayleenMT wrote:
Edit : Uber Elder just handed my ass to me for my first time, as expected :D DPS wasn't an issue, got it to 50% while doing absolutely everything wrong. Learning to actually dodge shit is gonna be the key here. Oh, and spotting/killing propagators too, cause that degen ground sucks balls.

Good luck with uber elder! Swapping out enfeeble for a purity of ice helps a ton, can pretty much ignore whatever elder is doing. Really glad you are loving the build so much.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
Monhsaroh wrote:
"
Knaked_Knight wrote:
Hi,
I've just started playing this build. I think I've got most of the necessary gears for damage. But somehow I still feel I'm not dishing out enough damage and I'm sitting on 5k3 HP. How can I boost my HP to above 6k6 or even 7K?
Also, is there a fast way to level up character from 80+ to 95 apart from doing red tier maps?

Hey Knaked_Knight,

The HP pool scales up with levels, abyss jewels that have flat life, and "Discipline and training" in the Templar start area which is picked up later on. Discipline and training is taken much later in the build but you could trade off some damage passive nodes to go get it early if you want.

The enfeeble curse also gives us a huge effective life pool, once you get it you will be much beefier.

Fastest way to level would most likely be either doing poorjoys or breachstone rotations (6 people pooling resources) but be aware that you can get scammed doing this method, as you will be trusting someone else with your expensive maps. You can find people running these rotations in global channel 820.

One more thing, is the watcher eye with fire damage and fire penetration a necessary? One like you have is quite expensive. Any other alternative or can I just scrap those passive points for more life?
Could a Fire Doryani's Invitation be good for this build? Or do we need the flat life from a rare belt too much to drop it.
I was hoping to do some Oro Flicker build in SSF, but i never got Fireborn jewel.

So i was looking for some inspiration on what to do and stumbled upon this build.

Everything is going smooth so far. Going for lvl. 88 and after that i am going to try some guardians.

The only thing that i decided to change is the boots slot.

I went with the temple Spell Dodge boots - to get more life and resists (the evasion might even stay the same as with Atziri Boots if the base is good), to have easier and cheaper time finding some nice rings.

P.S. I'm still trying to hit the correct boots enchant for crit, so i can free a suffix on abyss jewels.

"
Ravagers92 wrote:
I was hoping to do some Oro Flicker build in SSF, but i never got Fireborn jewel.

So i was looking for some inspiration on what to do and stumbled upon this build.

Everything is going smooth so far. Going for lvl. 88 and after that i am going to try some guardians.

The only thing that i decided to change is the boots slot.

I went with the temple Spell Dodge boots - to get more life and resists (the evasion might even stay the same as with Atziri Boots if the base is good), to have easier and cheaper time finding some nice rings.

P.S. I'm still trying to hit the correct boots enchant for crit, so i can free a suffix on abyss jewels.

Fireborn's are too rare man. Let us know how guardians go!

"
Knaked_Knight wrote:

One more thing, is the watcher eye with fire damage and fire penetration a necessary? One like you have is quite expensive. Any other alternative or can I just scrap those passive points for more life?

If you're talking about a watcher's eye with just a single roll of "% increased fire damage while affected by anger" OR (% fire penetration), it is really really good. Just think of it like a passive point on steroids, it gives approx +10% damage and comes with some %hp as well.

What you could do is drop the socket on the top right of the scion start and put the watcher's eye in one of your other sockets. Watcher's eye can go anywhere.

After you get discipline and training go for the jewel sockets, a +50hp abyss jewel will give around 160-170hp each.

If you're talking about the watcher's eye I'm currently using, it is 100% not needed and getting a double anger watcher's eye with % fire penetration AND % increased fire damage is a huge waste of currency. The 10% more damage it adds does not justify the cost (30ex), you're better off just saving for a headhunter at that point.

"
Uzurk10 wrote:
Could a Fire Doryani's Invitation be good for this build? Or do we need the flat life from a rare belt too much to drop it.

Interesting idea, we pick up leech in the passive tree already and have a high chance to ignite, so it most likely does not beat a good rare belt. A good Stygian vise for sure beats it since abyss jewels are so OP.
- Scion Build Guides -

would a lightpoacher 2abys sockets or any rare be better than starkonjas since we don't use crit?
would a lore weave 60+ life/ 40% ele dmg / 80 max res be better than belly?

edit, didnt see you are using overload that makes using starkojnas important
Last edited by darktuga on Jul 17, 2018, 12:21:40 PM
"
darktuga wrote:
would a lightpoacher 2abys sockets or any rare be better than starkonjas since we don't use crit?
would a lore weave 60+ life/ 40% ele dmg / 80 max res be better than belly?

edit, didnt see you are using overload that makes using starkojnas important

We don’t need that much crit, only 8-10% so if you can get that on other gear slots or abyss jewels with “%increased critical strike chance if you haven’t crit recently” a rare helmet would be an excellent alternative. Not too sure about lightpoacher as even just casually thinking about it I’m not sure what 2 gems to drop.

Loreweave is a great choice too, gives a ton of stuff we need such as int, crit and ele damage, and more EHP to belly concerning elemental damage. Loreweave also provides more protection against the primary nemesis of flicker builds, detonate dead. There’s definitely some very strong arguments for loreweave but there are a few arguments against it as well:

Belly is more EHP against physical damage, we end up in melee range a lot (porcupines hurt), high rolled loreweave costs much more, loreweave much weaker vs Uber elder as we can just run purity of ice for +4% cold max res and drop enfeeble, and less life flask recovery rate with loreweave.

Tbh if you’re not on a budget loreweave sounds super good, might have to update guide. If you’re struggling with capping resists because of loreweave just keep the elemental resist passives under scion start.
- Scion Build Guides -

Hey there, I'm considering doing this build and I was just wondering if a 6L inpulsa would be viable for the prolif or is the survivability gonna be hard without a belly/kaom?

I'm asking this mainly because I have a 6L inpulsa and a 5L Oro sitting on my stash.
"
Peepsqueek wrote:
Hey there, I'm considering doing this build and I was just wondering if a 6L inpulsa would be viable for the prolif or is the survivability gonna be hard without a belly/kaom?

I'm asking this mainly because I have a 6L inpulsa and a 5L Oro sitting on my stash.

Unfortunately, 6L inpulsa wouldn't be good at all since the build doesn't have any lightning damage and therefore wouldn't be able to shock enemies to activate inpulsa's effects.

- Scion Build Guides -

What about using elder ring with life gain on hit mode? Works nice with molten strike and gives a lot of sustain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info