[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

First of all - thanks for sharing the great build - ive been playing phys cyclone, mf windripper, pp deadeye, reave glad and champ, arc trapper and i can say - by far im enjoying your build the most - finally a really good flicker build.

Though, as someone with not much knowledge of how defenses work i struggle to understand how you can just afk in minotaurs aoe as shown in the pic. Here is the stuff i have equipped at the moment:

While the damage is more than satisfying, i wonder how you reached the 7.x life as shown in your videos - atm im just level 82 but as far as i can see i picked up all the life nodes since the jewel gems that im missing out are flat %fire damage, atk speed etc.
Last edited by Vecors on Jul 18, 2018, 7:41:28 AM
"
Vecors wrote:
While the damage is more than satisfying, i wonder how you reached the 7.x life as shown in your videos - atm im just level 82 but as far as i can see i picked up all the life nodes since the jewel gems that im missing out are flat %fire damage, atk speed etc.
Hey Vecors!

The life is coming from 3 things:

- Abyss jewels with +45 flat hp, they add about 150 total life each. Example -

- Levels, each level adds around 40hp.

- "Discipline and training" passive in Templar start, which gives around 500hp.

The build already uses a ton of defensive mechanics, so any of this extra life is multiplied many times over in effectiveness.

"
knehtq wrote:
What about using elder ring with life gain on hit mode? Works nice with molten strike and gives a lot of sustain
Yup, they're really OP and mentioned briefly in guide. Never felt they were necessary though unless you feel like standing in Shaper beams.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
I have been looking for a good flicker strike build since they nerfed my perma flicker bleed build to be unplayable after ascendancy revamp. I came across a few ok builds but this looks like one of my top picks. I also noticed that there was an Oro's Flicker Juggernaut build (1m DPS / 8k HP) that was very close to this one and was wondering if you knew how they compared?
So I just got into mapping, the leveling was a breeze and I scrapped a few stuff from my previous characters and threw it on to this build and I'm having fun so far. I feel I'm still lacking damage and I'm guessing I just need to get more levels on my gems and quality them later on or maybe I'm just a bit greedy on damage... I still need to 6L my belly as well or 6L the spare Oro I have and go for a kaom's heart(thoughts?) and just go weapon swap.

This is what I'm rocking right now

I went with rare boots instead of the slink since I wanted to run a HH and get my resists on the boots instead. I think it just fits and was a worthy sacrifice.

I definitely got lazy with some of the gems(ancestral protector/enfeeble(lvl it before I get 2nd curse)). Although I think I'll be going for a self cast lvl 20 or 21 immortal call linked to inc duration instead of a cwdt setup since I personally like being in control of some stuff and just smash the boss' face for a few seconds without much worry.

I'm looking for a better way to get endurance charges tho for the future, not sure how yet.

Any other tips/thoughts about my progression would be appreciated.

Cheers to the OP for this great build, can't wait to do higher tier stuff with it.
Hey, planning to start levelling a build inspired by this tomorrow. I am thinking of trying VDS as single target instead of MS as I am trying to keep to a budget (and the majority of the investment of this build seems to be towards MS). Did you ever consider a different single target skill? What made you choose MS? much love x
"
Peepsqueek wrote:
Cheers to the OP for this great build, can't wait to do higher tier stuff with it.

Thanks Peep!

Those all sound like great ideas. Only thing I would advise against doing is linking immortal call with increased duration, since increased duration only affects the base 0.4 seconds of immortal call. So a level 20 increased duration linked to an immortal call which is 4 seconds long will only increase it to about a 4.2 second immortal call.

Concerning weapon swap, it's really up to you and how annoying/not annoying you find them. Just looking at pure stats Kaoms > belly, but play style does change.

"
OPZman wrote:
Did you ever consider a different single target skill? What made you choose MS? much love x

Hey OPZman,

I looked at VDS a bit but couldn't find a way to scale the damage up to levels that felt good using Oro's. It's kind of a catch 22 where we need to have the chance to bleed support gem to activate VDS additonal damage, but the chance to bleed support doesn't benefit the rest of our damage since it's almost all fire damage and can't benefit from bleed chance.

MS is used simply cause it can get to pretty absurd levels of damage even using an Oro's. Vast majority of other melee skills are using shaper stat sticks in OH, which we can't do unless we weapon swap.

much love to you too bro
- Scion Build Guides -

Last edited by Monhsaroh on Jul 19, 2018, 3:16:12 AM
this seems to be a really nice build, thx mate !

though I dunno if I'm blind but where do we get leech from? is it only from the 0.4% mana and life leech node? and if so: wouldn't that be a little too less?

regards
"
fl0yd wrote:
this seems to be a really nice build, thx mate !

though I dunno if I'm blind but where do we get leech from? is it only from the 0.4% mana and life leech node? and if so: wouldn't that be a little too less?

regards
All of our leech is from that node, yes.

Life

Life leech is capped at 1/5th of our total life recovered per second, and we do enough damage to hit that leech cap even with only 0.4% life leech.

For example if a player had 6000 hp, their leech cap would be 1200 life recovered / second (6000/5=1200).

Since multiple instances of leech stack with each other, we would need a total of 300,000 dps to hit that cap (Leech cap / our % leech, or 1200/0.004 = 300,000). Both flicker and molten strike easily reach those dps levels even with poor gear, so any additional % leech we have would be effectively useless.

Even if we went up to 2% leech, we would still find ourselves stuck at the cap of 1200 life / second. We would, however, be able to hit the cap with lower levels of damage.

The only way to break that soft cap of 1/5th of our life leeched per second would be to pick up passives or uniques which increase the maximum leech rate, such as the "passive vitality" void right above the 0.4% leech passive. This would increase our leech rate from 20% to 23%, boosting our life leech to around 1400 from 1200 (6000/4.34=1382).

Since we already have around 1600 passive life regen / sec (life leech = 1200, passive life regen = 400), investing in vitality void (+200 hp/sec) and the passive skill point which grants +0.4% life regen right before it would only result in a 12.5% increase in overall life recovery despite our leech jumping from 0.4% to 1.6%.

Mana:

Concerning mana, our mana pool is about 900 (level 90), resulting in 180 mana recovered a second (900/5 = 180). We gain roughly 25 mana/sec just from passive regen as well (level 90). Flicker strike cost is 53 mana a cast, but we have a passive +2 mana gained on hit. Since it will be hitting 3 times minimum a cast, the mana cost may as well be 47 (53-6). Attack speed for flicker strike is roughly 4 to 4.2 times a second with this build, which translates to roughly a 200 mana/sec requirement to sustain flicker, which we have.

If for any reason you're having trouble sustaining flicker because of mana, a jewel with +2 mana gained on hit will drop the "cost" of flicker even further to 41 mana / cast.

Hope this helps!

- Scion Build Guides -

Last edited by Monhsaroh on Jul 19, 2018, 4:56:02 PM
Thanks for build, loving it so far. I facetanked a ghosted minotaur (though there were no damage map mods). Is there any improvement I can make for my character (besides getting 20/20 gems)? Sometimes it takes a few clicks to clear a pack.

Wasn't as clean as you, but 7 attempts later I got uber elder down. I'm a slow learner and was playing with about 1k less hp and a significantly less dps (or at least I'm worse at bringing it out) than you.

This build is great, I've never leveled a character to 93 before...

That being said I think its rather expensive! I farmed a lot of this, but also sold my headhunter to buy the watcher's eye/other stuff. Your profile has like some prettttyyyy crazy items, like life double corruptions on main pieces of gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info