[3.15]Fire&Flamethrower Traps Saboteur/Strongest Combo in the Game/League starter+Boss farmer

"
SillyHollow wrote:
Hi all, following the build and loving it but.. can someone explain how I use Zealotry and Skitters at the same time seeing that they use 119% mana reserved combined...?

They should only be 85% total, or do you mean with aspect of the spider as well? If not you must have them linked to some supports that increase the mana cost.

The general answer is that you need enlighten support, and some reduced mana reservation from the tree if it's not enlighten level 4.
Pretty much finished gearing my bow version.
Works fairly well, though still only 6.2k life with Kaoms, need to find some more life on tree somehow.
Need to find somewhere to squeeze in aspect of spider (or could just use herald of ash). Might have to put on bow which isn't ideal. I don't really want to mess with gear as I'm resist balanced for wise oak now.

Using advanced traps seems to be working out. Losing some damage for a load of QoL seems worth it. Once I get a white socket I can swap back in a damage support for fights where you don't need the cool down recovery.

Current gear

I like the left ring. Was a cheap buy, then harvest crafted the fire per endurance charge mod which doesn't do much but better than nothing!
Slight update - got this quiver now

I'm still too tight for mana with enlighten 4 though, can only just cast flame dash. Think I'll need to drop arcane surge, and use blood magic on flame dash.
Not sure how OP managed it?
Last edited by Carlovski on Jan 24, 2021, 11:39:59 AM
Is nobody else playing this?

Build is starting to feel good. It's actually pretty ideal for maven arena fights. Only up to awakener level 5, but Sirus was easy enough (Will need to learn to keep my traps/flasks until he stands still, and burst him for A8), and Hunter gets bursted before he can move (He is by far the most annoying if you let him run out of the traps)
Advanced traps does seem worth it, for the bow/kaoms version at least. Just switched to anomalous advanced traps. 20% increased aoe helps offset the loss I took from dropping chain reaction for explosives expert.

I'm in the process of tweaking it to add some cluster jewels. As I've mentioned before, clusters just aren't great for trappers, but its letting me get arcane surge on traps to let me use blood magic on movement skill, and guarantee uptime.
Main thing is it will let me squeeze in a bit more life and chaos resistance. Hoping to hit 7.5+k life and get close to chaos cap at the cost of losing a bit of damage.

Socket pressure is real on kaoms version though. I can't run a cwdt setup and looks like I will need to choose between supporting berserk with enhance, or running bear trap. They are similar damage wise, with the advantage of not needing to throw the bear trap on the enhanced divergent berserk. But berserk won't be up all the time.
Not that I have divergent berserk yet, it's damned expensive still.

Still not found any exalts, and the only one I've seen in ritual still hasn't returned after deferring it!

On the Kaom's front, I've made 4 40% kaoms disappear on the corruption altar now. Getting a little annoying!

Best solution would be an unset ring for bear trap. But I don't want to unbalance my resists right now. Or If I can get a couple of reduced mana reservation corrupts on jewels, I can drop blood magic for movement/berserk.

If I stick with the build, I might switch wise oak for a bottled faith, in which case I don't need the balanced resists, and can get an upgrade on some of my jewellery.

Hey, mate - I´m playing this build too!

It´s great to see your progression, but I´m to much of a newbie to help you :D Sorry! I´m starting to craft a bow now, but need to farm some currency first..

I´m dying a lot - I have 4500 hp and its okay for t12-14 maps - I went for some extra life nodes on the tree.

My current plan is to level up my empower and farm some currency..

Please dont stop with your updates. I realy appreciate them! :)

Stay sane!
"
KobalD25 wrote:
Hey, mate - I´m playing this build too!

It´s great to see your progression, but I´m to much of a newbie to help you :D Sorry! I´m starting to craft a bow now, but need to farm some currency first..

I´m dying a lot - I have 4500 hp and its okay for t12-14 maps - I went for some extra life nodes on the tree.

My current plan is to level up my empower and farm some currency..

Please dont stop with your updates. I realy appreciate them! :)

Stay sane!

Bow version isn't necessarily stronger - lot of advantages in going the wand route. Your gear is really nice (especially that helmet!).
Couple of things I noticed on your build though (That you probably already know)

- Prioritise that last power charge. It's pretty big for a void battery build. I'd have grabbed it ahead of throatseeker cluster.

- Check the damage on your wave of conviction. You probably aren't consistently hitting top damage as fire on it, so may not be applying fire exposure. Either want % fire mods to force it up or a bit of flat fire to spells somewhere, along with keeping it at low level). Or is the %fire damage on your amulet enough to do it? It might be ok thinking about it.

- Think about adding a quartz flask. 10/10 dodge is great for a phase acro build, and phasing helps a lot especially in rituals.

- I'd really want born in the shadows personally. If you really don't want to take it, at least use a stibnite flask. But I'd drop either chain reaction or explosives expert for it.

- OP guide doesn't mention it, and a lot of people assume they don't work, but flammability or ele weakness on hit from rings or a glove corrupt is worth using. Doesn't do that much vs bosses, but rares can get tanky and killing them quickly is a good idea. Pretty easy to roll with Harvest, or they are cheap enough to buy.

It's worth checking the prices around empower. When I rolled mine, uncorrupt lvl 3s were ~75-79c, but corrupted ones still sold for 50c. So wasn't too expensive buying them to corrupt, each try was only 25-30c.
Just realised I could try adding an influence to my helmet

Think I have a craft for it.
All the results are ok, most of them have something I could target with harvest crafts- phys as xxx element, max resists or flat fire to spells.
Only risky one would be if I got shaper. Supported by inc aoe would be great - but if I use a generic add influence mod craft there is a chance I hit flat lightning to spells, which would wreck my wave of conviction.

If I get shaper probably worth the risk - I can always roll another helmet.

Hey everyone,

I am currently playing the Scion version of this build at the moment and I have just reached maps and I keep running into mana issues. I have only 1.5k mana at the moment and 2.1k health. I grabbed "The Agnostic" passive and when I take big damage hits I get stuck at 0 mana even with spam sipping health/mana pots. I have the Deep Thoughts and Mystic Bulwark nodes and just wondering what I could do to avoid this issue when I start getting to the actual bosses like Sirus and harder Maven fights? Should I just stack more mana, mana regen and evasion or something?

Apart from this, I am really enjoying the build and it's damage is pretty good so far. I am also using Pyre Sapphire Ring for the "Ignited Enemies you hit are destroyed on kill" which feels great but may swap that out in future.

EDIT: I found Bubbling mana flask a bit better for the instant recovery but any other suggestions would be great!

Thanks!!
Last edited by LoliciousZoe on Jan 27, 2021, 7:12:39 PM
I'd just like to say that I'm loving this build so far. I just started playing again a month ago and haven't played since Breach so I picked up a guide.

The build REALLY comes together when you get the uniques all situated. Until then its clunky and full of spamming mana potions. I almost gave up..

AFTER your geared its amazing. I still have a few upgrades to make like better wands and rings....but I'm flying through content. You definitely need to keep moving usually. Not getting 1 shot yet, but I can see potential for that anything over 95.

VERY fun build. Glad I chose this one.
lol, wrong thread, buddy!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info