Guide for optimized temple rushes for gem corrupt challenge

"
qwertz wrote:
"
Revnaut wrote:
EDIT: swap the room. This gives you a better chance than upgrading.

How so?

If you have room A (level 1) and room B (level 0), you'll get room A (level 2) and another random level 0 (let's call it C) next time you get this room.

If you swap you'll get room B (Level 1) and another random room (let's call it D) at level 0 next time you get it. No?

This is before you get the Gemcutter's room. Swapping gives a slightly better chance in the long run. After you get the Gemcutter's, always upgrade.
"
Revnaut wrote:
Spoiler
"
qwertz wrote:
"
Revnaut wrote:

How so?

If you have room A (level 1) and room B (level 0), you'll get room A (level 2) and another random level 0 (let's call it C) next time you get this room.

If you swap you'll get room B (Level 1) and another random room (let's call it D) at level 0 next time you get it. No?

This is before you get the Gemcutter's room. Swapping gives a slightly better chance in the long run. After you get the Gemcutter's, always upgrade.

If you level that room to tier 3 before you get a gemcutters? If that happens, chances to get a tier 3 gemcutters on that room would be extremely slim, right? Wouldn't it be better to level it to 3 and hope to spawn gemcutters somewhere else?
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
Revnaut wrote:
"
qwertz wrote:
"
Revnaut wrote:

How so?

Why does swapping give you a slightly better chance in the long run? Like what is the mechanism behind that?
"
Turinqui wrote:
Why does swapping give you a slightly better chance in the long run? Like what is the mechanism behind that?

"
qwertz wrote:
If you level that room to tier 3 before you get a gemcutters? If that happens, chances to get a tier 3 gemcutters on that room would be extremely slim, right? Wouldn't it be better to level it to 3 and hope to spawn gemcutters somewhere else?

There was a bug in my simulation. I've just fixed it and now it says upgrading is slightly better.
"
Revnaut wrote:
Spoiler
"
Turinqui wrote:

"
qwertz wrote:

There was a bug in my simulation. I've just fixed it and now it says upgrading is slightly better.

👍
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
Finally got the last one I needed.

Ran 70 map temples (for the end game grind) and got only one quality/vaal gem in 7 doryani's. Following this I ran 1507 quarries (137 temples), and finally got this bad boy on my 16th lens:

Spoiler

yay me!

Ended up with those gems after 207 temples & 23 corruption attempts:

Spoiler
1x Level & vaal version (19/20)

2x Level & quality (21/21 & 19/23)

4x Quality & vaal version (2x 20/23, 20/14, 20/19)

6x Level up (21/20)

4x Level down (19/20)

3x Vaal version only (20/20)

3x Quality only (20/23, 20/14, 20/12)

Edit - on average I got 1 Doryani's every 9 temples.
Last edited by qwertz on Aug 2, 2018, 6:54:36 AM
I got a handful of Doryani's while trying to get Sacrificial Chamber to level 3. Only bad luck from the gems, but at least a couple of the crazy rng-gated (sub) challenges got ticked off. I ran temple after temple in the Quarry, dulling my brain badly, but eventually got the room I needed.

Frustrating how completely random this is, especially when you get the right room upgraded to level 2 with ~8 incursions left, and then... NOTHING :(

I didn't bother to do some incursions with a totally 'naked' room, but not sure if it mattered at all. Otherwise I mostly just tried to upgrade the pre-set level 1 room, unless it was possible to change to one of the good rooms. But with only 11 attempts, you'll need a great deal of luck to first change the room, and then manage to fully upgrade it.

As an aside, I thought we would get double corruption, but not necessarily good results. But that isn't the case. One time, for instance, I tried with a level 2 8% gem. It became Vaal, but retained level 2 and 8% quality.
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Aug 2, 2018, 5:02:17 PM
just watched the vid.
so this is what challenges have become? lel

"challenge" aka roll the dice so often until you get the 6 ten times in a row...
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize
Vaal + quality still not after 65 temples >lvl 75 and prolly around 40 temples in quarry.
not big numbers by any means but this is NOT what a challenge should be.
Second-class poe gamer
Thanks for the guide. I'd love to get 21/20 vaal blade vortex and have tried 4 doryani's thanks to you (would have taken forever otherwise). 20/19 (regular BV), 20/20 (vaal BV), 20/20 (vaal BV), 21/23 (lev / qual), not so bad.
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Aug 15, 2018, 7:17:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info