Guide for optimized temple rushes for gem corrupt challenge

This guide is for people who want an efficient way to finish the gem double corrupt challenge. If there are any optimizations I missed, please post. Even a 1% better chance of getting Doryani's Institute will go a long way since you will be running a ton of temples.

2 example runs:
https://youtu.be/63VyRsZYzY0

Setup

You will be running instances of Quarry in act 9. The waypoint is in the center of the map and Alva can found anywhere near the center. Just travel in a circle around the center of the map until you see her.

Step 1 -- Getting Gemcutter's Workshop on the temple

If Alva gives you a room with the Gem architect, obviously kill the other guy.
If Alva gives you a blank room, and neither are the correct architect, have Alva open the incursion, but do not go inside. Instead, continue to run instances of Quarry.
If Alva gives you a built room, and neither are the correct architect, upgrade the room.

Step 2 -- Upgrading the room to Doryani's Institute

This step is all about getting Alva to pick the Gemcutter's room so you can upgrade it. The best way to do this is to upgrade every room Alva picks for you. This is because a tier 3 room cannot be chosen by Alva. The more tier 3 rooms you have, the better your chances of Alva picking the Gemcutter's room.

Picking the right gem to corrupt

None of this is based on any evidence, so just take it with a grain of salt.
You have three challenges to get through, vaal+level, vaal+quality, and level+quality. To be as efficient as possible, you want to try to make it so that your chances of getting the double corrupt you want are higher.

For vaal+level, use a gem that has a vaal version, at least level 2, and zero quality.
For vaal+qual, use a gem that has a vaal version, level 1, and at least 1 quality.
For level+quality, use a gem that does not have a vaal version, at least level 2, and at least 1 quality.

Again, I have no evidence backing this up. I just feel like it increases your chances.

Connecting the rooms

In order to be as efficient as possible, you want to minimize the time you spend looking for Stones to open doors. If you are still in Step 1 and you do not have the Gemcutter's room yet, you want to make sure you can get from the entrance to every other room in temple, minus one edge. If you have several trees, you want to connect them to make sure you have a single tree connected to the entrance.

https://i.imgur.com/65iPlXy.png

This is an example image where you have a single tree connected to the entrance that is able to reach every single room minus one edge. The one edge possibilities are shown in green. Getting a Gemcutter's in any room is guaranteed to be accessible. Once you get this type of tree that can reach every room, you can ignore Stones.

If you have the Explosive room, you can calculate how many edges you can ignore with how many Flashpowder Kegs you have.

Other optimizations

- If you're on your last incursion, you can run it quickly, then have Alva open the temple. Saves a loading screen. You'll need your gems ready. (thanks ToTheMars)
- Alternative areas are Blood Aqueducts or Alleyways. Can be difficult to sustain. (thanks Abdiel)
Last edited by Revnaut on Jul 30, 2018, 8:37:58 PM
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2018, 4:28:12 PM
Thanks, you really helped.
SAVE
MEEEE
I
AM
IN
AN
UNDENDING
HELL

I HATE
GEMS

LOTS
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOO MORE TEMPLES HELP MEEEE
NOOOOOOOOOOO
"
If Alva gives you a blank room, and neither are the correct architect, have Alva open the incursion, but do not go inside. Instead, continue to run instances of Quarry.
What good does this do? She won't change until you do the incursion.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
ok i will try it again, ggg

pray 4 me bois
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
What good does this do? She won't change until you do the incursion.

If you don't open the portal, then she will keep offering the same room with the same architects. If you make her open the portal though, the game will count that as you running the incursion. All you have to do is not go in it to skip.
Good to know. Thanks.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I use a Quartz flask to phase through everything directly to the architect. saves a bit of time.

i've been stuck on vaal+level for days now. this challenge is complete arse. it's probably the most boring thing i've done in poe.
Thanks for posting the thread.
Helped me optimize my runs even more!
Good luck everybody. Just don't give up, you'll get it eventually. :)

Additional optimization:
If alva opens the last incursion portal, instead of leaving the area and going to your hideout to open the temple (what you did in the 2 video examples), I just ran the incursion real fast and opened the temple in the same area. Seems faster to me and saves a loading screen.

That obviously requires you to store atleast 1 gem, that you want to corrupt in the next temple, in your inventory.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info