3.7 FREEZING PULSE ASSASSIN (DUAL VOID BATTERY) 6-7 MIL SHAPER DPS

glasscannon..dmg 8/10 survivability 2/10
"
Gordium666 wrote:

That's bollocks, with warlord's mark ring and 40% MoM we're completely fine. The only time I feel squishy are narrow doorways. Everything is frozen, I rarely even get hit. T16 guardians and Shaper may be more difficult but definitely doable. I've died only once so far due to extreme lags.
I'm wondering if there's any other defensive unique body amour replacement for cloak of defiance or is it BiS. Also, is HoI required to have increased critical strikes? I'm not getting good frenzy charges or onslaught without critical strike gem linked.
Last edited by ak47master on Sep 4, 2018, 11:58:50 AM
Just want to say thanks for this build. Freezing pulse is my ultimate favorite skill (Diablo 2).

I do not have dual voids yet, saving, got about 11 exalts. Using Tuls and its been a lot of fun. A little squish if you don't position on some fights but things just explode most of the time.

Thanks again. I got a lot of upgrades I need to do.
"
I'll start off by saying that i think your characters are set to private, and therefore i can't see and tell you how you're doing.
if you'd like to consult after u change it up, let me know.

1) well, leveling is interesting with Assassin, as you get a whole bunch of damage nodes at the beginning.
My early progression was:
Trickery - Blood Siphon - Coordination - Elemental Focus - Assassination - Coldhearted Calculation - Nullification - Sniper
At this point i'd recommend getting the jewel socket and buying a First Snow Jewel (they sell very cheap or u can wait for act 5 to get one from a quest).
Work towards a second jewel socket, while starting to think about power charges which this build is HEAVILY based on.
When i got to this part i preferred the life nodes over the various damage nodes, which i pick up later on.

In terms of gem links - the best way to go about this in the future would be to use Path of Building, which offers you which gems could raise your DPS the most with your current set up.
PERSONALLY, and assuming you don't have a Tabula Rasa, i would probably use added cold damage, elemental proliferation, faster casting, then switch to elemental focus (lvl 18) and once you hit level 31 go for Elemental Focus and Ice Bite / Hypothermia. level 38 will give you Spell Echo and you would be free to use whatever feels best.

Gear - if u can't get you hands on a Tabula which i ran from level 20 to 72, get a rare chest with 4/5 sockets that match your needs. stats won't REALLY matter at this point.
Goldrim is like 4/5 c right now but if u can't get that, i ran Heatshiver for a while and it did OK.
rare boots with movement speed and Lochtonial Caress for gloves, or alternatively Doedre's Tenure.
Weapons - the build recommends 2 Axioms, but i had much higher DPS with a good rare scepter (look for ELE damage and spell damage, as well as flat added to spell damage).

These should really carry you to mid-late leveling super easy.

GENERAL - know that spells work differently from attacks. read up on what that means, but generally if something says "3 - 4 fire damage to attacks", that's useless for you.
Freezing Pulse damage is VERY affected by the level of the gem. massively. the majority of your damage boost will come naturally due to this, and you will gain a ton of damage as you level.
basically read up on what it means to use spells in this game.

2) Whirling Blades only work with daggers, claws and one handed swords.
We will not be using any of these, and therefore we can't use it :)

Good luck, PM if u have other questions.

I managed to set the private to off, and I would like to know how am I doing, still!

Got two jewels, I bought one and finished act 5 finally, got the second. just need to reach the jewel node now, so strong!
I already use path of building, but I don't know how to get that information you said about how to raise my dps the most with pob.
Right now, I am trying to buy one goldrim, looking for it on poetrade! I am having a really hard time trying to figure out sockets, gems, links, using orbs.. to make my skills connect.
Found one Axiom, dropped from a monster! that is great!

Thanks a lot for the info! Now you have the access to my character, it would be awesome if I got some further info from you =) thanks again.
"

I managed to set the private to off, and I would like to know how am I doing, still!

Got two jewels, I bought one and finished act 5 finally, got the second. just need to reach the jewel node now, so strong!
I already use path of building, but I don't know how to get that information you said about how to raise my dps the most with pob.
Right now, I am trying to buy one goldrim, looking for it on poetrade! I am having a really hard time trying to figure out sockets, gems, links, using orbs.. to make my skills connect.
Found one Axiom, dropped from a monster! that is great!

Thanks a lot for the info! Now you have the access to my character, it would be awesome if I got some further info from you =) thanks again.

Probably not everything here, but some things you missed.

On your boots, you are using a gem setup that is right for the endgame, IF you have a ring that has "Warlords Mark On Hit", which you don't. the link should be Herald of Ice - Curse On Hit - Warlord's Mark - Onslaught.

Your rings are pretty much trash. so is your amulet, but at least that has some merits with the critical chance and cast speed.
you'r definitely at a point where you should replace them asap.

Try to get a flask that has 'removes freeze', to go along with the remove bleeding you have - could save your life.

You really MUST upgrade your resistances, but that will come when you throw away your rings and switch to real gloves, but if you're dying easily it's probably due to resistances and lack of curse on your herald.

Other than this, your progression is overall fine.
PM me if you need anything else, i'm currently playing this build as well so i'll help where i can.
if you need i'll give u some of the items i'm no longer using such as my old rings and gloves and so on. let me know.
A
Last edited by Strafian on Apr 28, 2021, 8:09:51 PM
"
Strafian wrote:
How is he able to have frozen pulse shoot in 5 beams if he doesnt have the support gem for it?

use unique jew First Snow
"
Gordium666 wrote:

Absolutely false. While you do need some gear to get your sustain through Warlord's Mark, you can easily sustain MoM stay alive as much as any other 5.5k life evasion build does.

Besides, there are options for more life/mana very close on the tree. Sacrifice some damage and you can get 8k combined life/mana with MoM. Considering Assassin can't take critical damage from bosses, means you can easily survive one shots.

Key to surviving btw is positioning, as the creator clearly states in his guide. Don't be stuck in the old ways of Freezing Pulse, where damage was very bad at range, it's no longer the case. Just snipe things, freeze them, it's really safe. If you die, you made a mistake.

But don't just take my word for it, here's an example of my planning for this build: https://pastebin.com/xWExHkef

As you can see, all the rares are very realistic to acquire. I take a few more mana and life nodes, a few less damage ones. Result is nearly 3M Shaper DPS and 7K EHP on a budget. As OP said, Frenzy and Onslaught may not be up on bosses as they rely on kills, but even without those it still achieves 2.3M Shaper DPS in my more defensive version.

PS. I know Lightning Golem is better than Ice Golem, but thematic builds are thematic, man. Gotta have them themes.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 6, 2018, 7:57:07 AM
Hi,

I'm currently really enjoying your build but I was wondering:

- Why use the warlord's mark and not the poacher's mark ?

Is the leech bigger than the life on hit ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info