[3.5]The Chuuni Sword and You: A Guide for Crit Oni-Gorishi Molten Strike

"
kendo3 wrote:
I know I must be missing something very obvious but how are you generating endurance charges to use with immortal call? assassin gives a chance for power charges and blood rage gives a chance for frenzy but not seeing anything in gear, gems or skill tree that grants endurance.

unless you are using a jewel, red dream or red nightmare?

other than that, I am having a blast playing this build.

thanks for any help

The character has no endurance charge generation because the point of immortal call is to stop taking blood rage damage hence procing arakalis 50% increased recovery rate of life and energy shield if you stopped taking damage recently. This makes our already good life leach insane
build is everything advertised and then some, thank you !

started a new character because I had missed so much of the new content and figured that was the best way to get caught up to date. currently at level 81 and learning the map system and have enjoyed the journey so much.

the one thing I am having trouble with is the 3rd labyrinth and pretty sure it is due to my defense, or lack thereof. just have not been able to find anything very good in that area. I have some of the masters up to level 6, close to 7, and should be able to craft some better gear if nothing turns up soon.

my current main defense stats are: armor - 437 (4% reduction); evasion - 3333 (25% chance to evade); HP = 3255; resists = 75% except chaos which is at -7%; dodge attack = 40%; dodge spells = 30%.

should I focus on armor, though with the 50% reduction from acrobatics, that is hard to raise a lot, or more evasion? more life is always a help, and I have 11 points banked for shadow, if I can ever get there. so I could put them into life nodes for now and respec out later.

when fighting packs and I get leech going,she is pretty unstoppable but is subject to 1 or 2 big hits killing her before I can leech back.

I am not far enough into the maps to get arakalis yet and missing the 4 points in ascendancy.

also need to note that I am trying to go SSF as that is also new since I last played.

appreciate any suggestions, until then will just keep farming maps and mines and hope the RNG plays nicer :)
Going to uae this build for my first character (used wotch just to unlock scion). Looks really cool and would greatly appreciate if you could make recommendation what gemskills to use while leveling
"
kendo3 wrote:
build is everything advertised and then some, thank you !

started a new character because I had missed so much of the new content and figured that was the best way to get caught up to date. currently at level 81 and learning the map system and have enjoyed the journey so much.

the one thing I am having trouble with is the 3rd labyrinth and pretty sure it is due to my defense, or lack thereof. just have not been able to find anything very good in that area. I have some of the masters up to level 6, close to 7, and should be able to craft some better gear if nothing turns up soon.

my current main defense stats are: armor - 437 (4% reduction); evasion - 3333 (25% chance to evade); HP = 3255; resists = 75% except chaos which is at -7%; dodge attack = 40%; dodge spells = 30%.

should I focus on armor, though with the 50% reduction from acrobatics, that is hard to raise a lot, or more evasion? more life is always a help, and I have 11 points banked for shadow, if I can ever get there. so I could put them into life nodes for now and respec out later.

when fighting packs and I get leech going,she is pretty unstoppable but is subject to 1 or 2 big hits killing her before I can leech back.

I am not far enough into the maps to get arakalis yet and missing the 4 points in ascendancy.

also need to note that I am trying to go SSF as that is also new since I last played.

appreciate any suggestions, until then will just keep farming maps and mines and hope the RNG plays nicer :)

You just need around 5k life to comfortably do merc lab you could get away with 4.5k if your struggling go ahead and use the saved points to grab .ore life and just unspec the points later
"
jeonyboy wrote:
Going to uae this build for my first character (used wotch just to unlock scion). Looks really cool and would greatly appreciate if you could make recommendation what gemskills to use while leveling

if your talking about for a melee scion id suggest leveling using sunder>>>consecrated path level 12 and level 28 respectively or you can just use molten strike till the world ends all up to you feel free to ask if you have more questions
"
OriginsLost wrote:
"
jeonyboy wrote:

if your talking about for a melee scion id suggest leveling using sunder>>>consecrated path level 12 and level 28 respectively or you can just use molten strike till the world ends all up to you feel free to ask if you have more questions

Yes I am using a melee scion to level. I love that you have GIF of nodes you took for each ~20 level, really helpful.

As a noob the hardest thing is I don't know exactly what skills and supported gems I should use and what items I should be looking for while leveling. I just saw gem setup for endgear and you were using molten strike/ancestral so that is what I am doing. Also saw somewhere that herald of ash was good so I am using that too.

If you could recommend several skill gems to use for every ~20 level or so (i.e. sunder+x) it would help me out so much! As I am a beginner I would like to try out sunder and other attack skills to try out everything before settling down to molten strike at end. Thanks again.

P.S i am level 20 right now

P.P.S I just read all about farming Oni. Going to make 4 scions and start
Last edited by jeonyboy on Nov 25, 2018, 9:24:47 PM
"
jeonyboy wrote:
"
OriginsLost wrote:
"
jeonyboy wrote:

Yes I am using a melee scion to level. I love that you have GIF of nodes you took for each ~20 level, really helpful.

As a noob the hardest thing is I don't know exactly what skills and supported gems I should use and what items I should be looking for while leveling. I just saw gem setup for endgear and you were using molten strike/ancestral so that is what I am doing. Also saw somewhere that herald of ash was good so I am using that too.

If you could recommend several skill gems to use for every ~20 level or so (i.e. sunder+x) it would help me out so much! As I am a beginner I would like to try out sunder and other attack skills to try out everything before settling down to molten strike at end. Thanks again.

P.S i am level 20 right now

P.P.S I just read all about farming Oni. Going to make 4 scions and start

i suggested watching engineering eternity's beginner guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEZtq6FSebE&list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe

as the topic of what you should be looking for and what to pick up is a large one it does give you a bit of insight for this build i suggest identifing rings amulets and boots looking for resistances and anything else with at least 4 links as thats all you really need for leveling as gem links the ones in the guide are sorted by most dps already .
heres the probable best leveling set up though for each skill gem links or in top of my head order but should be close enough to best damage.

molten strike act 1 > ancestral call act 1> concetrated effect act 2> viscous projectiles act 2> elemental focus act 2> elemental damage with attacks act 2

sunder act 1>concentrated effect act 2>melee physical damage act 2> multistrike act4>elemental damage with attacks act 2> added fire damage act 1

concentrated path act 3>> melee physical damage act 2>elemental focus act 2> weapon elemental damage act 2>added fire act 1>increased area of effect act 4>

thinks this answers most of the question if not all i pray to rngesus that you have more patience than i do farming oni-goroshi as that drop rate nerf was insane

"

i suggested watching engineering eternity's beginner guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEZtq6FSebE&list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe

as the topic of what you should be looking for and what to pick up is a large one it does give you a bit of insight for this build i suggest identifing rings amulets and boots looking for resistances and anything else with at least 4 links as thats all you really need for leveling as gem links the ones in the guide are sorted by most dps already .
heres the probable best leveling set up though for each skill gem links or in top of my head order but should be close enough to best damage.

molten strike act 1 > ancestral call act 1> concetrated effect act 2> viscous projectiles act 2> elemental focus act 2> elemental damage with attacks act 2

sunder act 1>concentrated effect act 2>melee physical damage act 2> multistrike act4>elemental damage with attacks act 2> added fire damage act 1

concentrated path act 3>> melee physical damage act 2>elemental focus act 2> weapon elemental damage act 2>added fire act 1>increased area of effect act 4>

thinks this answers most of the question if not all i pray to rngesus that you have more patience than i do farming oni-goroshi as that drop rate nerf was insane

Amazing! I will try sunder until 28 and then switch to concentrated path. Thank you so much!
Last edited by jeonyboy on Nov 26, 2018, 5:19:10 AM
found a second Oni and trying to setup a more single target focus for weapon switch.

currently using: molten strike, multi-strike, concentrated effect, elemental damage with attacks, elemental focus and fire penetration.

any suggestions for a better combination of gems for Boss single target damage?

"
kendo3 wrote:
found a second Oni and trying to setup a more single target focus for weapon switch.

currently using: molten strike, multi-strike, concentrated effect, elemental damage with attacks, elemental focus and fire penetration.

any suggestions for a better combination of gems for Boss single target damage?

ancestral call is the best combination of gems for boss fights as it gives you double the number of moltenstrike projectiels as long as you stand slightly away from the boss takes some getting used to but you can see it in the gif and in my videos

you cant use elemental focus because then you wont ignite and will lose the goddess passive thats a mini onslaught that stacks with onslaught

tldr my setups perfect
Last edited by OriginsLost on Nov 27, 2018, 3:21:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info