[3.6] Rasgeroth's Puff Dragon. Uber Elder viable, Ignite+Ar.Brand Ele. (Igni= F.ball, Inci, F.blast)

Incinerate has a terrible AoE range.
I am doing a build close to this, but with the help of firestorm skill from my wand. What do you think?
"
samuraihehe wrote:

Incinerate has a terrible AoE range.
I am doing a build close to this, but with the help of firestorm skill from my wand. What do you think?

Incinerate range works rather well with the Mastermind of Discord, though I get where you are coming from. I'd say the two builds wouldn't even play the same, but would make use of the same mechanics.

My build uses the ignite proliferation gem to reach those monsters who love to stay away and spam whatever projectile GGG blessed them with on to your face. If I really want range, I swap in a fireball and move on. Though Fireball ignite numbers are on the low side, and it fails to do enough impact on bosses, at least for my taste.

Incinerate covers that. The full one (let alone total of 3) release takes away two digit percentages off of any boss you want to name in this game, regardless of tier or difficulty, so I designed my build with the idea of imitating a dragon. As in, I breathe fire out of my mouth, but that also means things I'd be burning are very, very close to my mouth at all times. (There is a sinister, crude, sex joke in that sentence somewhere.)

For firestorm, you should be making use of the skill duration nodes near the Scion starting area. Since Firestorm also doesn't have huge ignite numbers, maybe swap out the Emberwakes and go for keeeping the enemy where you want him to be. Frostwall might be useful, or getting hinder effect from a bunch of abyss jewels. Going for Blight Hinder might be imitating incinerate too much though. Maybe stick it on a spell totem with increased duration from an Elder boot to save on gem sockets?

Ignite deals enough damage to melt bosses now, so firestorm might be useful with the right combination. The wand should be useful, though I'm not sure about inc AOE as it also enlarges the area firestorm can target, making it way worse for single target.

All I can say is, you got the idea to make a build with, but I already found my playstyle and yours would be very, very different than mine. Best of luck with it.
sorry that I was not clear enough. I was following your build but I am using both Incinerate (for bosses and close range fight) and firestorm (for AoE cover). You can take a look at my gear

and my tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAALjBLMHpQj0C2EMXxEtEmkTNRQgFm8XHBekGGoaOBynHNwdFB8YIbAkqiTYJy8qjSycLpQy0TT3Ntg26TpYPAU8LUVHRZ1G10kbSU9JslBHUftTUlOlVcZWSFgHWfNfP2P9ZlRmnmebaPJqQ3F5cYVyD3gveuZ8g3zlghCDX4PbhTKFbY8aj0aQVZD6lG-XLZeFmuCboZ_fogCnCKyYrj6vbLFCvKq86sBmxq7NFtWB2CTaudrd323fsONq5FHr7uxV7w7vfPAf8Wz31_rS?accountName=samuraihehe&characterName=TheBigRom
I am thinking to use Beacon of Ruin to add one more gem in place of Ignite Proliferation.
Alright, this gives a lot more information, so here goes.

I still think fireball is better for map clearing, but I don't have enough playtesting with Firestorm in this season to say for sure. The same wand would do wonders with a fireball, deadly ailments and burning damage in it.

Fire Penetration doesn't increase Ignite damage. So it would be better for you to stick with Beacon of Ruin, leave Liege of the Primordial behind and just go with the Lightning Golem. (Keeping Pendulum of Destruction.) This way, you can swap Ignite Proliferation with Immolate, giving you better damage for both channeling and ignite portion of Incinerate. If you wish to focus solely on Ignite, you can swap out Fire Penetration for Empower. (Since you can release a few times, keep your distance and spam fireballs.)

I don't entirely understand the second Temporal chains though. You might want to swap it out for Lightning Warp. (Warp, Swift Affliction LVL 1, Less Duration, Portal.) If you think you have enough mana open, you can replace the Warp next to the Warlord's Mark with Herald of Ash for a damage boost.

In the boots, pick one of the curses, and replace the second one with Increased Duration. I'd recommend sticking to Temporal Chains.
Nice build bro and quite fun the GF stuff ;) help me through real life <3

Keep it up

Being sticking to Witch since the beginning.

I'll give it a shot if i notice something that could be improved i'll tell you

Regards!
Wihtout LMP or GMP, I am not comfortable with fireball. I have increase AoE mod in my wand so I would like to use firestorm as well. The rest I agree with you.
"
Scorage wrote:
Alright, this gives a lot more information, so here goes.

I still think fireball is better for map clearing, but I don't have enough playtesting with Firestorm in this season to say for sure. The same wand would do wonders with a fireball, deadly ailments and burning damage in it.

Fire Penetration doesn't increase Ignite damage. So it would be better for you to stick with Beacon of Ruin, leave Liege of the Primordial behind and just go with the Lightning Golem. (Keeping Pendulum of Destruction.) This way, you can swap Ignite Proliferation with Immolate, giving you better damage for both channeling and ignite portion of Incinerate. If you wish to focus solely on Ignite, you can swap out Fire Penetration for Empower. (Since you can release a few times, keep your distance and spam fireballs.)

I don't entirely understand the second Temporal chains though. You might want to swap it out for Lightning Warp. (Warp, Swift Affliction LVL 1, Less Duration, Portal.) If you think you have enough mana open, you can replace the Warp next to the Warlord's Mark with Herald of Ash for a damage boost.

In the boots, pick one of the curses, and replace the second one with Increased Duration. I'd recommend sticking to Temporal Chains.
Cool build, will try for flashback with few little changes:
1. Beacon of ruin ascendancy - free prolif, shock chance and shock efficency vs bosses
2. Pick lightning group on top of the passive tree + fireborn jewel to transform that group to fire damage. The main point is to get shock chance and shock efficiency nodes
3. Yoke of suffering amulet + few shock efficiency items.

Idea is to abuse elementalist's guaranteed shock on bosses. With yoke - incinerate now can shock, and with amount of casts per second it has, we can say shock will be on boss 24/7.

Your thoughts?
"
Hyperionkek wrote:
Cool build, will try for flashback with few little changes:
1. Beacon of ruin ascendancy - free prolif, shock chance and shock efficency vs bosses
2. Pick lightning group on top of the passive tree + fireborn jewel to transform that group to fire damage. The main point is to get shock chance and shock efficiency nodes
3. Yoke of suffering amulet + few shock efficiency items.

Idea is to abuse elementalist's guaranteed shock on bosses. With yoke - incinerate now can shock, and with amount of casts per second it has, we can say shock will be on boss 24/7.

Your thoughts?

Ok took some trying but figured it out.

Amulet swap removes free Flammability. (Con)
No Herald means going full ignite damage. (Playstyle)

Herald removal opens way for Anger (Pro)

Hit Path of Building, imported myself, checked some numbers. Got 55K Ignite Damage on Fireball atm. (x3)
Opened up full melt mode. (Means finishing my 3rd Whisky.)

Herald goes out, Orb of Storms changes places. (Orb of Storms, Curse on Hit, Flammability, Increased Critical.) Flame Dash is linked to Arcane Surge, so that's gonna take some getting used to.
Liege of Primordial goes out, since Pendulum of Destruction helps a lot with release waves and fireball explosions. Flame Golem no longer makes the cut, Anger is socketed in her place.
Blasphemy, Warlord's Mark and Flame Dash-Arcane surge on a 2-2 linked glove,helmet or boots.

Dropped: Mind over Matter, frees 4 points. Deep Thoughts are gone, 2 more from there. Last 2 is Amplify, dropped. This way, you can get the Socket, and Breath of Lightning. Ofcourse, Beacon of Ruin is also added.

Without shock, with the suggested Ascendancy changes, this gets the fireball ignite damage to 72K. (50% increase, no biggie.) Shock increases that to 112K (50% another increase, but that PoB, probably we should add just the base 20%, which means about 87-90K ignite damage, times three.)

This way, you can swap survivability for the damage. Only problem then becomes, base mana regen for fireball spamming. (50 against a cost of 81.)

My thoughts are that this way you can chew anything flashback tries to throw at you, but you're gonna have to be quick on your toes to sidestep anything that would hurt.

Go for it.
Last edited by Scorage on Jul 29, 2018, 1:11:54 PM
Wow, thank you for your research!
I like this build. Incinerate is now very strong. I use Pyre (old version) with flat cold damage instead of emberwake, because i like the "exploding" effect.

But it gets really sick if you use Incinerate as Hiro with 4 Totems. I had done Kitava Act 10 in under 15 seconds...
The Way to Hell is paved with good intensions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info