[3.6] Rasgeroth's Puff Dragon. Uber Elder viable, Ignite+Ar.Brand Ele. (Igni= F.ball, Inci, F.blast)

will this be updated for 3.4???
Hello guys, I've sided with Kraityn will this affect the build?

PS; your guide is awesome!
"
Pezzeck wrote:
Hello guys, I've sided with Kraityn will this affect the build?

PS; your guide is awesome!

"
stephenseiber wrote:
will this be updated for 3.4???

If you are using the defensive version, the points in Amplify can easily be overlooked for the extra cast speed.

For the offensive version, I'm afraid you might want to skip some life nodes around Constitution. No easy 2 points squeeze on that one.

The guide is half way updated atm, as in all the information you need is there, but I'm still dragging my lazy ass around to update the skill tree. (Should be fine, no talent this build uses was affected. Path of Building updates automatically anyway. Oh, we got some minion damage on Retribution, wow!)
Last edited by Scorage on Sep 10, 2018, 8:12:00 PM
Build is updated for 3.5, and now, there is a short-ish video that explains what you should be expecting from this build at the start of a new league.

Enjoy and burn everything exiles.
Dear OP,

Would you say that Scorching Ray can also be used, with a plus to the minus fire resistance it provides?
Hi Scorage,

I'm relatively new to PoE (came over from D3 after the PR desaster). I started with your build and I'm currently at Lvl 35.

Thank you for the great guide. It's a really good build so far and easy to play at that level.

I'm quite exited how armageddon brand will effect this build. Too bad I haven't finished the league or the story properly yet. I probably will continue with this char in standard league before I move on to Betrayal.

Keep them burning!
BS

Hey,

I picked that build as my starter. I'm only lvl ~40 and enjoying it immensely. I especially recommend it for having cheap starting items.

Keep up to good work! I can't wait for you to come back on that brand test.

Regards,
Damik
"
jacodebeer wrote:
Dear OP,

Would you say that Scorching Ray can also be used, with a plus to the minus fire resistance it provides?

Ignite ignores fire resistance as a mechanic. It can only improve hit damage. The defensive version of the build uses Mastermind of Discord for the penetration, so that version is more suited for that kind of play. (Then again, it'll always be useful when it can make things "vulnerable to fire" Not too many of those who need to die within a second with the ignite damage of this build, but I bet probably, somewhere somehow there is a combination of gear that buffs a syndicate member that would require such a damage boost.)

Incinerate Stacks and keeping the channel up on the 8th stack deals a good amount of damage with this build, though the build is not optimized for that. If you can get the gem sockets (I.E: Craicenn's Carapace or Belly of the Beast for the 6L SR totem. 3B2R1G) you might give it a shot.

The build mainly focuses on releasing once and than running away from the things that wants to kill you. Though some fights like the Shaper, you do have some time to channel your Incinerate to your heart's content. (Beam phase, add portals, or staying real close to him so he tries slashing you again and again. Last one requires luck though :D) This way, you'd be maximizing the damage as your channel would deal the most it can, and the you would release whenever you need to move.

As for other comments, thank you all. It is being a bit hectic league start for me, but I'll be adding this build to my Betrayal Roster this season, probably 2nd or 3rd character.
Last edited by Scorage on Dec 9, 2018, 11:45:53 AM
"
Scorage wrote:
"
jacodebeer wrote:
Dear OP,

Ignite ignores fire resistance as a mechanic. It can only improve hit damage. The defensive version of the build uses Mastermind of Discord for the penetration, so that version is more suited for that kind of play. (Then again, it'll always be useful when it can make things "vulnerable to fire" Not too many of those who need to die within a second with the ignite damage of this build, but I bet probably, somewhere somehow there is a combination of gear that buffs a syndicate member that would require such a damage boost.)

Incinerate Stacks and keeping the channel up on the 8th stack deals a good amount of damage with this build, though the build is not optimized for that. If you can get the gem sockets (I.E: Craicenn's Carapace or Belly of the Beast for the 6L SR totem. 3B2R1G) you might give it a shot.

The build mainly focuses on releasing once and than running away from the things that wants to kill you. Though some fights like the Shaper, you do have some time to channel your Incinerate to your heart's content. (Beam phase, add portals, or staying real close to him so he tries slashing you again and again. Last one requires luck though :D) This way, you'd be maximizing the damage as your channel would deal the most it can, and the you would release whenever you need to move.

As for other comments, thank you all. It is being a bit hectic league start for me, but I'll be adding this build to my Betrayal Roster this season, probably 2nd or 3rd character.

Thank you for replying, I really like the channeling play style that your build gives
"
jacodebeer wrote:

Thank you for replying, I really like the channeling play style that your build gives

Ok slight mistake on my part.

Ignite ignores penetration, not fire resistance. Since I mainly use the Ray as a main damage dealer in a SR build, I often forget that it doesn't provide Penetration but it provides reduced fire resist, just like combustion. So it adds up, and increases the damage by quite a lot.

Reduced resists and penetration are different mechanics, I forgot how to Path of Exile for a moment there. Like I said, hectic start. Gonna do a pass on all my builds tomorrow and fix the missing parts, or better updates using the 3.5 tree.

So, if you guys want to beat me to it, (i.e: I'm trying to collect the gear for the build atm, for a faster mapping process after leveling) go for the next update I got planned for the build.

THIS IS ONLY FOR THE DEFENSIVE VERSION WITH THE MIND OVER MATTER.
(Offensive version drops to 6K HP with it, with no MoM to cover the damage you're gonna be taking. I rather not risk that in Delve for example.)

Armageddon Brand, lasts 10 Secs. Hits faster with cast speed, so good for us. It can probably deal a bit more damage if specced more for hits with ignite prolif support for area clearing. (Herald of Ash might take care of that too.)

The Explosive Runes Cluster, you drop Amplify as it doesn't scale that well at this point. (Brand - Same supports) gives decent hit damage, and has about 120K Ignite DPS against Shaper.

SR Totem on Belly of the Beast (Spell Totem - SR - Burning Damage - Increased Duration - Efficacy - Elemental Focus) (3B 3R isn't that horrible for the belly. It is also possible to go with Craicenn's Carapace here as well.) Duration because you want your stacks to last, and your totem to last.

Malachai's Artifice, Lightning Golem in it. It'll die a lot, but it should still be alive long enough to debuff with another -50% fire resist.

That about should cover it. Since Brands have a lot of range, I'll switch the second curse to Elemental Weakness as well.

I'll add more once I properly get some playtesting done, but this should be more than enough to make the build work with the Brand.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info