[3.3] Octavian's RainbowTrap Fire Trap Build. Everything viable.

So far this build is been pretty solid for delve league,i've done uber atziri and a couple of bosses on delve( ~250 atm), my damage is also lacking in comparison to Octavian's by 50% more or less, mostly abyssal jewels with 30damage and a shitty weapon is the main reason for that.
Hey, i am at lvl 88 at the moment and at a Point where i am not sure what to improve next for more dmg. There are a lot smaller possibilities, but it feels still not strong enough. Delve and Mapping is okay, even Uber Lab Farming is possible, but i dont think that it will be enough for high endgame bossing, like uber or Shaper.

Gear

Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAMEBAcEswVCBbUGdwceCNQOSA_EES0RLxGWGFYb4BzcHvAfWyRvJpUo-ioLKwosnC0fMHEy0TN4Nj06QjpYOuE7fDwFQYdBlkVHRZ1JUUt4TLNN41MxU1JVS1XGV9hd8mHiYqxodGjyakNsjG06cFFwUnZvew17bnyDfrB_xoKbgseD24PxidOKBow2jb-PGo_6kA2UoJUglS6XIZrgnaqiAKKjpjKmV6lIrrOxW7TFtz63dbiTuMq5k7zqwGbBfMHzwuzDCdAf0PXS6NQj2E3YVNi92mLb592o5FXly-ik62Pr7uv173zv6_Af8NXw-fId8kX56P4K?accountName=DunklerKoenig&characterName=_ItsAFireTrap_

I think my next Improvements will be:
- Buying Wise Oak (I got my Resists all on the same level)
- Get the 10% pen entchant on Boots
- Get a better second Ring an balance the resists again to get maybe away from the two passive Points for "Holy Dominion" which i took for the all res
- Get all Gems 20, which is pretty close
- Maybe get better Shaper Gloves for higher Life
- Improve the Abyss Jewels for Pure dmg + Life

Any Recommendations?
Last edited by DunklerKoenig on Sep 11, 2018, 1:48:25 AM
I'm also not sure about this build anymore, currently level 85ish, and im nowhere near the damage of octavian, think im around 40k in POB while he was at over 110k ^^, wonder i trap changes affected this build more than we knew.
Well in PoB i get actually 68k FireTrap damage with all Charges and 2 Flasks Up.

With a 21/20 fire Trap, 20% Quality on all Gems, the Boot Entchant and better Jewels i should reach fairly easy 85-90k damage.
I think this is pretty close next to his damage, without the plus 4 Chest.. which will never happen this League ^^

(By the Way, Flamethrower Trap is actually at 37k damage)
Hey, one question about dagger/sceptre. Why don't you just use wand (it has same spell dmg, and crit) and it's way cheaper. Does attack speed of dagger count to dps?
where is this build getting is endurance charge from???? the build works whit immortal caal and anns shield who both need it ! ive chek it whit some friend and none of us see where the endurance charge is comming from! other wise i cant explaint why the immortal call?
Last edited by proroots on Sep 13, 2018, 8:19:10 PM
"
Mysterycze wrote:
Hey, one question about dagger/sceptre. Why don't you just use wand (it has same spell dmg, and crit) and it's way cheaper. Does attack speed of dagger count to dps?

You can't use shield charge if you have a wand.
Last edited by juncraul on Sep 14, 2018, 7:23:26 PM
"
proroots wrote:
where is this build getting is endurance charge from???? the build works whit immortal caal and anns shield who both need it ! ive chek it whit some friend and none of us see where the endurance charge is comming from! other wise i cant explaint why the immortal call?

This has been staded again and again, IC does not need endurance charges.
What is the leveling process like for this build anyway? Never built a trap char. Thanks
Getting close to Delve 250 with this. My gear is pretty solid for this point in the league. Currently sitting at level 91. Starting to run into real issues with stuff like vaal outposts. The life sustain even with 30% arakaali regen is really pushing it. Anyone come up with some changes to deal with these issues? Pondering selling off and respeccing into something a bit tankier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info