Path of exile is a free to play?

"
drakgoku wrote:
the answer is not

https://www.twitch.tv/drakgoku/

It is free to play. You didn't have to pay any money to download or login to the game.

What does this picture of your hoarding have to do with anything though ?
Yeah, but that's because someone's feeling jaded =P

I'm not a fan of their mtx system, I prefer account-wide versus attaching them to a single character at any given time.

However, the only reason I bought my last set of tabs was for the mtx from the beastiary supporter pack since the lion armor was a look that felt aesthetically pleasing, especially compared to abyss.

While I could technically use even more tabs, I've already hit a point where I just don't want to sift through it all.

If I really wanted to avoid spending money on storage, I could have. Remembering the D2 experience made it all too easy to justify supporting a business model I prefer.

And in earnest, I'd actually probably be wealthier in game if I learned to play on the default 4 tabs. I waste far more time sorting through low value stuff because of my unwillingness to vendor things I'll probably never use.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
Kurnis wrote:
In the first picture, why do you have so much currency spread out? Are you just trying to make it look fuller?

Arranging several unfilled stacks is just a way of reserving slots ahead of time.

When you ctrl-click currency into a stash tab, it adds to an existing stack. If that stack reaches its limit, it tries again with what's left until there are no similar currency stacks in the tab. Finally, what's left goes in an open slot in what is most likely an undesired location that you then have to move manually.
If you are playing and haven't spent any money, how is it not free to play?
If my playstyle requires me to buy 1000$ worth of tabs, does it mean the game costs 1000$?
make additinal characters and store the items on them and/or make a second account and store away stuff you don't need early.

Yes it is cumbersome, but if free to play is your only option that's the way you gotta go about it.

So OP You HAD to PAY to reach any content of this game? Yes? No?

The answer is obvious.
Yup, still free to play!

Just because there is incentive to spend money, does not mean it is not free to play.
"
sarannah101 wrote:
Yup, still free to play!

Just because there is incentive to spend money, does not mean it is not free to play.

This sounds just like the logic that justifies MTX that increases experience gain or increases quality or quantity of loots.

I remember once upon a time GGG claiming they did not want to become pay-to-win. But I suppose that is still a type of "free to play."
The game is f2p and the systems is pretty fair and in no way pay to win.

If you want to collect more items as a f2p-player, create more characters or/and another account. Your screenshots are a joke btw.
double post
Last edited by neglience on Jun 24, 2018, 8:49:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info