[3.5] Leidenfrost Lead Lady. CI Brutus Lead Sprinkler. 10k ES, 4.7Mil Shaper DPS. 2.1k Strength

Edited the last post with a new video. Game audio didn't record for some reason. Guess I'll have to figure out whats going on and kill him and uber again (0 out of 11 on watchers eye on uber so far btw).
Last edited by Goresplattered138 on Oct 21, 2018, 9:51:55 PM
I'm looking forward to try this one out and I was wondering whether 2x Might of the Meek + Unnatural Instinct around the Scion start would a) fit in and/or b) make the build better. They all stack so we could get a ton of attack and movement speed, some melee phys dmg, and some projectile dmg. I'm not good at minmaxing/comparing variants, so I figured I'd ask whether you considered it.
"
lotusmonk wrote:
I'm looking forward to try this one out and I was wondering whether 2x Might of the Meek + Unnatural Instinct around the Scion start would a) fit in and/or b) make the build better. They all stack so we could get a ton of attack and movement speed, some melee phys dmg, and some projectile dmg. I'm not good at minmaxing/comparing variants, so I figured I'd ask whether you considered it.

I would have too look in detail but I would think it isn’t worth it. Movement speed is OK but I’m using leap slam so I wouldn’t need it. Melee puts damage does nearly nothing since we are scaling flat fire damage. Projectile damage is nice but probably won’t be enough to justify. Attack speed is great but we have the berserking cluster which gives 18% for three points. I plan on taking those nodes in the low 90s on my character.

I actually got lucky and found an unnatural inticnct jewel and sold it for 13ex. I then bought my watchers eye with mana as ES plus fire pen. I think that’s a better investment for this character but again I haven’t done the math.

A question for those of you who've beat shaper.

I'm level 90, looking to try taking him on soon. I have a six link, 20/20 gems, and all of the base gear. Missing the Dying Sun flask, helm enchant, watcher's eye.

Without the clarity watcher's eye, I'm worried I'll be capping out at about 8, 8.5 k Energy Shield. Because the clarity watcher's is so expensive (10 ex) and the clarity angery combo is double that - I'm hoping to try and take shaper on without the clarity one.

Can I beat shaper with just a fire pen watcher's eye, and the rest of the gear as stated in the guide? Or is the extra ES very necessary for bossing?

EDIT: Also, how are you guys running anger, discipline, and clarity at the same time? I have anger and discipline linked to empower and enlighten, and that currently reserves 95 percent of my mana.
Last edited by CaptainKillgore on Oct 22, 2018, 3:50:41 PM
"
A question for those of you who've beat shaper.

I'm level 90, looking to try taking him on soon. I have a six link, 20/20 gems, and all of the base gear. Missing the Dying Sun flask, helm enchant, watcher's eye.

Without the clarity watcher's eye, I'm worried I'll be capping out at about 8, 8.5 k Energy Shield. Because the clarity watcher's is so expensive (10 ex) and the clarity angery combo is double that - I'm hoping to try and take shaper on without the clarity one.

Can I beat shaper with just a fire pen watcher's eye, and the rest of the gear as stated in the guide? Or is the extra ES very necessary for bossing?

EDIT: Also, how are you guys running anger, discipline, and clarity at the same time? I have anger and discipline linked to empower and enlighten, and that currently reserves 95 percent of my mana.

Yes you can beat shaper for sure but you may not be able to tank his slam or stand in the beam, etc. As long as you know the mechanics this build can easily do it. I beat him twice deathless and I don't have quality or max gems and haven't hit lv 90 yet. Also before I had my clarity watchers eye I had 9k es at only level 85.

For your last question you may need a lv3 enlighten vs your lv2 and make sure clarity is only lv1. I personally have 99 mana left unreserved and it is plenty.

Last edited by Cruxation on Oct 22, 2018, 5:23:34 PM
"
I beat him twice deathless and I don't have quality or max gems and haven't hit lv 90 yet. Also before I had my clarity watchers eye I had 9k es at only level 85.

Thanks for the good news.

Looked at your character. You blow my jewelry and shield right out the water, and that's a big place where I'm lagging behind on ES.

I'm having a real hard time finding a shield that both has +es, a good amount of res, and a good amount of strength, though. What did you search on POE wiki for, and how much did you pay? I generally get very few/no results looking for +60 resists, +35 strength, and over 25 ES.

My shield is really where I feel like I'm doing terrible.
"
Cruxation wrote:
I would have too look in detail but I would think it isn’t worth it. Movement speed is OK but I’m using leap slam so I wouldn’t need it. Melee puts damage does nearly nothing since we are scaling flat fire damage. Projectile damage is nice but probably won’t be enough to justify. Attack speed is great but we have the berserking cluster which gives 18% for three points. I plan on taking those nodes in the low 90s on my character.

Just went to check in PoB. At the cost of 13 points and the price of 2x Might of the Meek and Unnatural instinct we could gain

26% attack speed
15 Strength
8% all res
1.4% life regen
16% move speed

and bunch of other stuff the build doesn't care about. I don't really see where the build could cut those points so I don't think it's entirely worth it. The attack speed looked tempting though.
"
lotusmonk wrote:
"
Cruxation wrote:

Just went to check in PoB. At the cost of 13 points and the price of 2x Might of the Meek and Unnatural instinct we could gain

26% attack speed
15 Strength
8% all res
1.4% life regen
16% move speed

and bunch of other stuff the build doesn't care about. I don't really see where the build could cut those points so I don't think it's entirely worth it. The attack speed looked tempting though.

Thanks for posting all that. I don't think the movespeed is worth it. Regen helps save points elsewhere but isn't amazing. all res makes gearing a little easier but not a big deal. The strength would easily be lost elsewhere using 13 points. 26% attack speed is a lot but beserking gives 18% for only 3 points. I agree there is no real good way to do this. At the current cost it certainly isn't worth it.

Honestly I found my shield for like 25c or something. I just searched for res and strength and found it pretty quick. I just changed up my gear quite a bit though. I am pretty happy with the helmet I found for 6ex and the amulet for 200c. I lost some es from the ammy but gained dps and much needed res

In regards to Unnatural instinct: Its 100% not worth it. strength is the most important stat of the build and the entire tree is dedicated to acquiring it. cutting anything would be detrimental, even for the crazy stats of an unnatural + 2 motm setup.

If you really want to try it id say drop ele overload and the int nodes connected to it. youd negate the crit multi by keeping ele overload anyways.

I ended up getting a new shield and some new rings. added a few k sheet dps and im up to 13.1k ES.

Full gear as it sits right now:
Spoiler

Unfortunately I lost cold damage reduction from wise oak balancing but whatever, I was more keen on keeping the fire pen active

Depth 372 Lich:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWkNGYine_U&t=190s

Depth 367 Aul:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVvrSU5IlIA&feature=youtu.be

Uber Elder Deathless:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX_4gy_iP6U&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by Goresplattered138 on Oct 23, 2018, 8:26:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info