Uber Trials

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Ok... I promised myself I'd wait another 100 maps before complaining about this, and I've done it.

Uber Trials in the league are a problem. You can't complete your character's build without them and you can't get them except by luck or breaking SSF. Not going to happen for many of us. There needs to be a better way.

1) Make "unfound" trials more likely than found ones.
2) Give us a way to force trials to occur, perhaps a zana mod or something in the machine... perhaps a offering or two.
3) Just get rid of them all together.
4) Radically increase the chance that a trial is generated in a map when you haven't completed the trials yet.
5) Only require any 5 of 6 to enter lab and give some stupid bonus if you complete all six.
6) Make the requirement to enter the lab the 6 trials OR level 85 (85 being overleveled by 10 for the area... really?)

All sorts of solutions. Probably done close to 200 maps... counting temples as a measure.
Found this:
Found these:
But haven't yet found that stupid sixth trial. Stupid.

I agree with that the Trials you need seem to rarely appear. I ran about 150 maps while I was missing one trial - Not SSF. SO i bought the Dream Trial prophecy, but a different trial appeared which I already had. So I used the Global Chat in the end and got the trial. After about 200 Maps in, then the trial I asked globally for actually appeared in a map. I was like 'okay, now you appear'. I was disappointed that even the Prophecy Dream Trial did not give me the missing trial. They should do sth. about it. I don't want to start to imagine how it must feel playing SSF.

An extra Zana Mod which is always there should be okay, Offerings being traded for 3-4 Chaos anyway.
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
My worst performance happened in Abyss where I had 52 offerings before I completed all 6 uber trials.

Trials should absolutely have built in mechanics that spawn those not yet discovered trials more frequently than those already visited. The weighting should be a lot more aggressive than the one used for map drops as you barely feel any change there (last league I had nearly completed Atlas, close to 150, and still missed 1 or 2 low tier maps that never dropped for me).

I hate Global 820 for anything related to challenges, trials or Zana. I enjoy playing the game alone as ARPGs were meant to be played.
Shags looking for any excuse to drop his mirror into a post lol. I say that with affection, because I would do the very same.

I hate when people give their "but in my experience...." counter-arguments, but here I go.

Of all the regular complaints I see in this forum, legit or otherwise, this is the one gripe about the game I have never experienced, and I dread the day I do.

I typically wait until I reach my normal, self-imposed level cap of 90 before doing Uber, and I have never had a league where I did not have all the trials before getting there. Always in SSF.

So I guess I need to count myself lucky.

That was a completely self-serving and useless post, I know. In SSF, what suggestion is there outside of spamming low level maps as suggested?
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Jun 19, 2018, 10:15:23 AM
I've been lucky before. One league... think it was Legacy... I got all six in six tries. No repeats. So it's a matter of luck. My claim is that the variance is crippling. A character shouldn't be kept from those ascendancy points simply because they're unlucky. It's stupid. The trials are supposed to be there to teach... not to burden. At least that seems to be their intent.

I'd really like to see this changed, and there's dozens of ways to make it happen.
"
Remember what Chris said he said it was okay

OMEGALUL

CUZ IN HIS EXPERIENCE IT'S FINE

Oh yes that time when he said "Last time I played a league I found them all by low 70s, I thought it was balanced" ? Super lottery-winning levels of luck means this game is balanced. I have never found all of the trials before 89, latest was at 92. Every single league since they were put in.

Chris does love his RNG though so it's unlikely to change.
The two things most in need of being fixed in Labyrinth is making completion of the 6 endgame trial more predictable and checkpoint or waypoint in Labyrinth to recover from a disconnect. GGG please fix this.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Its by GGG's design. They want to you to trade. Simples.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info