I will grind forever in Twilight Strand for Oni

If You look at Her as a parasite that needs to be fed then this soul crushing experience makes sense.
I'm a lil bit noobish, and when I saw this sword, I was so intrigued about a build for it. But I saw that it does some kinda DOT dmg to you? Is it hard to counter that damage while leveling? Right now I'm trying to find something SUPER tanky with extreme attack speed so I can run around like I'm on crack like REEEEEEEEE CHOP REEEE CHOP CHOP CHOPPPPP AHHHHH... any tips? lol
Sincerely,
Crazy Woman
"
I'm a lil bit noobish, and when I saw this sword, I was so intrigued about a build for it. But I saw that it does some kinda DOT dmg to you? Is it hard to counter that damage while leveling? Right now I'm trying to find something SUPER tanky with extreme attack speed so I can run around like I'm on crack like REEEEEEEEE CHOP REEEE CHOP CHOP CHOPPPPP AHHHHH... any tips? lol

The damage the DoT does (Her Embrace) also scales with level, so ... the higher you are, the more damage it does.

At low levels, it's not too bad and it only gradually ramps up.

That said, I do tend to use a Purity of Fire Aura (eventually) and I make sure I'm always capped on Fire Resist. I also make sure at least one of my Flasks has Dousing on it.

I also tend to favor some health regen on my gear (and tons and tons of life).

This is the passive tree I used during Bestiary:
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AA0AAPUADBAAAHe-vPTGRQo11jGepldN4_6PNZLYvYLkkBGKr0rIe8M64dhNOygDlm49voBgQ4MJb57xs0tXwOM_JypNFz4UjsB2AO4s6YazFSDdDeCVn4JW6AhJstxbrzqzkAoNjYd2Sn38xe4OtxeA4eJeOJZkWqOKI_ZNko19MHzUUnSgBqIX3AYgy_UxsNy9Tioj028nmmpM_0MxwzNaGr_VU7vawXTtBS0uU9Nv5w_yRf4KUUfnVCT9_9431O0_Ps-95i2DGbS-p2VNvTZHfoTZj2B674TvYSEaVWeg45-I7an64e97bpchwXwh0AJfpAxg3qi7AAAAAAA=

Mind you: This is a Cleave Crit build, it might not work for what you're doing.

I'm not going to claim it's the best or anything, but it was working okay.

I used the Thrill Killer node early on, but after I got up to Vitality Void and set up Poacher's Mark/Blasphemy Support as an Aura, I dropped it.

The life leech and life regen was sufficient to counter Her Embrace during combat, but I did have to pay attention when I dropped out, because you're health will continue to drop for a few seconds after you stop fighting ... which can cause death if you're not paying attention.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
Last edited by Unquietheart on Jun 19, 2018, 10:08:22 AM
To me degen was not a problem at all. I think it depends on build. I used one by @kira
This: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2058308

Thanks to this build i managed to kill Atziri for the very first time and it was a lot fun playing it. That one i can recommend. Others? Seriously dunno.
I'm using Kira's build also, playing level 86 off and on now, I hardly ever notice the degen, don't even need to do the quick weapon swap to stop it very often. Eventually I'll probably work on improving the character a bit to tackle higher content.

I got 4 Onis last league,rotating 3 Scions and a witch. All took at least 8 levels, 2 barely over 9. I never spent more than a half hour at a time on them, just ground for a little while every day when I was tired of my other characters or bad lag day or something, just a bit of mindless, slow change of pace while watching a movie or something. I don't think I could have stood just grinding the 4 characters only, until I got my swords.

The card drops are even worse than grinding for the sword, it takes 27. I've found 3 over God knows how many hours on other characters, 2 were in the Imperial Fields, 1 I think was in The Foothills.

Someone mentioned a Scion Spectral Throw build for the sword, I have a character chilling in Standard I'll have to try using my other 2 swords, since I never sell items, semi SSF.

Well... 539 kills (after hitting level 7) was apparently the charm :P

Dunno if I'll try to farm a second or not. Or if I'll ever bother farming it again.

"
Scooter wrote:
Yay ... 'n stuff, 'n stuff
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
"
I feel like I should buy you one to end your misery at the same I feel like just laughing at your misfortune.

I'M NOT A BAD PERSON

LOL... but you are a sneaky troll in many forum threads.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
So what if the best use of an Oni is Scion ST and take Slayer and Raider ascendancy. There are many, many uniques that are designed for one or maybe 2 skills (and many, many more pure garbage uniques). This doesn't make it a bad sword, only that you must be planning a Scion ST or maybe a Oni-Goroshi Wild Strike/Molten Strike build. Then you could also go Juggernaut with a Crit Tectonic Slam / Molten Strike build.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I did a Chieftain Molten Strike build with Oni.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info