Game gets so dull after lvl 85

You all are really missing the point. You're trying to train him to do a better job. He doesn't want to do the job better. He wants a game to play. Post 85, the game starts being more and more work. That's NOT bad. It's why we're here. It's what we enjoy. Other people think we're bonkers. We probably are.
That's not how I read it, Shags:

"
PrinceNiels wrote:
So this is something weighing on my mind for a bit now.

I love playing this game, solor or with friends.
Been actively playing since abyss league.

Each league its the same thing though
Its FUN to play the game until reaching around lvel 85.

so far so good

"

Right now i play 2-3 hours or so.. get very little experience and if I die I lose it all again.
And I might get 1 or 2 chaos orbs dropping, despite having added Quality and Quantity bonus.

I've reached a point where I'm like.. Wtf is the point of playing this game?
I dont wanna move on but the struggle is real.

TLDR: game is fun until lvl 85, then its a fucking grind to hell.

Sounds like he's frustrated as hell.

If he didn't die as much, and could map more efficiently, the frustration would lessen, probably.

yes, he said the thing about fun, and said he'd go away, but...

he came back with a question, then another.

Looks like someone's idea of fun might be grinding if there's a sense of progression, too.

"
PrinceNiels wrote:
"
brunowa wrote:
I used to think this too... Normally I would reroll at about level 85, but I've done so many builds but never reached end game content like Shaper.

I think the key is just finding a build you LOVE to farm with and just enjoying the farming... If you focus on the exp bar it will destroy you.

Right now I've just tried buying some MF gear on my Ice Shot Deadeye to see what loot I can get while just having fun mapping. Been really enjoying it.

I think I'm also at a stage where I just don't have the time to make another character from scratch... So really just enjoying my end game builds.

So you play standard or do you also do new leagues?

Yep I only play Standard... simply because I don't play 24/7.

If I were to play a league I'd only be bale to make one, maybe two, tops three characters. I wouldn't play enough to be able to build anything good... that's why I continue on Standard where I can continually get better and better gear and start moving into higher and higher content.

I only just killed Uber Izaro solo for the first time a couple of weeks ago... and it was AWESOME! Now I'm trying to MF to build up some currency (which is a whole new experience for me.. doing the MF thing)... and then hopefully buy some GGG gear to do end game on a build I enjoy (I could go totems or SRS as easy end-game, but I've never done it as that gameplay doesn't appeal to me)... so I prefer to play the builds I enjoy.
The trick why i never get bored while playing standard is because of the music i listen. I'm always checking new stuff, wandering with my mind away, listening to podcasts and other stuff. The game on it's own does get boring real quick indeed, you need to add some sauce to it. The extreme levels of grind that increases over the leagues it's quite hard to digest for me.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Jun 16, 2018, 1:04:01 AM
well that's a nice case of gitgud right there

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You all are really missing the point. You're trying to train him to do a better job. He doesn't want to do the job better. He wants a game to play. Post 85, the game starts being more and more work. That's NOT bad. It's why we're here. It's what we enjoy. Other people think we're bonkers. We probably are.

he could play diablo

it's everything poe is without all that pesky skillcap and learning
Last edited by shaunika90 on Jun 16, 2018, 1:20:20 AM
OP, just wait to be introduced 250 LVL cap it this game with 230 max lvl locations.
So you can have more time to reach the end of it ,)))))
Compared to D1-D3, this game surely lacks endgame and progress.

At D2, even if you never reached max level, you still kept playing a you were hunting items and once every day, you found something good to improve your char or give to another. Since leveling new toons took hardly more than a few hours and most important, was done in public games with others, the game just never became boring and it could be brutal in a full party.

At POE, you level alone and it takes days, then you play maps and quickly realize that you still wear the items from act 8 while being level 80. You can play many days without an upgrade, crafting does not exist, we have no mercs, no targetable drops and no public games.

What I enjoyed so much at D2 was playing with others through the story. I did that multiple times each season, also at D3 prior bounties, this was an absolute blast. Needless to say that D1´s motivation was about finding books, scrolls and the special uniques like ring of zodiac.

POE has none of that to offer and this hurts the long time motivation especially if the league is as bad as harbinger, breach or incursion.
"
Ygidua wrote:
... You can play many days without an upgrade, crafting does not exist ...

POE has none of that to offer and this hurts the long time motivation especially if the league is as bad as harbinger, breach or incursion.

If you do not find an upgrade to lvl8 Gear in lootfest leagues like breach or incursion, you are surely doing something extremely wrong ...
And that crafting does not exist is a quite new fact to me. What am i doing all the day with my workbenches? :)
You need a loot filter and rares with decent stats, not uniques. It's even easier to find gear this league through incursions.

My rings aren't much but i'm content with having capped resists with little to no investment.

Last edited by HappyRogue on Jun 16, 2018, 10:14:58 AM
Getting good gear takes exalts. With exalts at like 100+ chaos, it takes too long to get gear.
And experience drops off a cliff after 85, so that takes away our incentive to play as well.

So without good gear/a pinata of garbage in every mob pack and no experience advancement, what incentive do people have to keep playing?

The only thing we're left with is rolling another build, but that's boring too. The pre end-game content hasn't changed, it's still pretty much the same. We're just getting some different visual effects and might have to press an additional button here and there.

As it stands, beyond the first character getting to lvl 85, the game only has specific league content to offer. Which this time is nice, but not enough to carry the rest of the game and prevent it getting boring.

So here's my suggestion.

All uniques should be easy enough to get. No gating it behind ridiculous encounters, just easy enough to get. And keep the rare stuff as it is. Good rares can go for 10 ex/100 ex. Which is perfect.
Normalize the experience curve after 80 and allow an option to get rid of the xp loss on death.
Replace the maps system with something similar to the current incursion league.

There, a fluent gaming experience that remains fun all the way to lvl 100 which also offers a substantially different gaming experience if you decide to make another lvl 100 with the gear you get from temples.

Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info