Game gets so dull after lvl 85

"
brunowa wrote:
I used to think this too... Normally I would reroll at about level 85, but I've done so many builds but never reached end game content like Shaper.

I think the key is just finding a build you LOVE to farm with and just enjoying the farming... If you focus on the exp bar it will destroy you.

Right now I've just tried buying some MF gear on my Ice Shot Deadeye to see what loot I can get while just having fun mapping. Been really enjoying it.

I think I'm also at a stage where I just don't have the time to make another character from scratch... So really just enjoying my end game builds.

So you play standard or do you also do new leagues?

Okay can y'all get off my back now? Ty.

If you give me couple exalted, I promise I'll get some life gear.
Anyway. I've taken most of the life nodes in the skill tree.
Slowly working towards getting Inpulsa armor, its around 60 chaos.

Whats the point of having tons of life so you survive but only utter crap things drop becuase you dont have any Quality/Quantiy mods??
I hit a motivational wall not too far after that mark. I'm going to take a break for a bit and try the new D2 season. but I'd love to get 36 points for those cool portals.
Just having that Soul Mantle with a gear like that will wreck you when you have no warding flask and rely just on Thief's Torment. It's just not enough.

Also you don't need the Catalyse and the previous node at the Templar area. They only work with attacks.

Edit: also noticed you had Innvervate & Spell Echo linked to your Arc. Neither of them works with totems.

No offense, but this whole build looks like a recipe for a disaster...
You really should try out a guide first to get a basic understanding of the game.
I'll just add my current gear to my shop thread, so people could find me some upgrades...
Last edited by Dikki on Jun 15, 2018, 7:43:20 PM
^

Build guide may well be helpful, yes.

"
PrinceNiels wrote:

Whats the point of having tons of life so you survive but only utter crap things drop becuase you dont have any Quality/Quantiy mods??

Yeah, all this advice may sound harsh. Hang in there and try to take it as constructive, because it is meant well. Nobody is saying that you suck as a person.

It's not that simple with qual/quant. It's like icing on a cake - you need the cake first and what you have is a slice of cold toast with a scrape of icing.

Efficiency [speed, not dying a lot] is way way better than slow with a small amount of MF/quant and dying a lot. For example, I have 0 mf, 0 quant this league and wouldn't say the stuff that drops is "utter crap". I'm yet to find a really valuable unique item, but easily got to "ID 100 uniques" challenge.

You don't need a lot of currency for ok life gear. You can use the crafting benches from your Masters on rares and ID likely rares.

GOOD RARES CAN SELL FOR A LOT, FAR MORE THAN COMMON UNIQUES. For example, I sold a rare jewel with three really nice rolls on it for 40 c last week. It was in my sell tab for 20 minutes. If you know what other people are after, it's really helpful.

Work out the armour bases you're after for rares to wear and ID those items when they drop.

Uniques are overrated, generally. Unless the unique has a build-enabling attribute, getting resistances right and enough life is more important.

OR you could make an Uber Lab runner with 0 MF/quant and buy 1c helms to enchant and sell for many exalts (if you get the right enchantment on them).

It's all a lot to take in from everyone posting. One step at a time, and at the end of the day it's your character so it's got to be fun and rewarding for you.

Last edited by erdelyii on Jun 15, 2018, 8:02:57 PM
When you are running ~ 120% quantity maps you don't really care about having %quantity on your gear.

Of course you'll have trouble running white maps so w/e
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
When you are running ~ 120% quantity maps you don't really care about having %quantity on your gear.

Of course you'll have trouble running white maps so w/e

Ha. There's that too.

Level 85+-1 is a breakpoint where weak build/items makes your gameplay hard. To get over this breakpoint you need better build/items.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
PrinceNiels wrote:

Quantity will not help you with getting better loot. You will anyway get the same shit as before, but in a bit larger quantities (per pack of mobs - important to understand!).
How surviving helps you with loot? Pretty simple - play faster, care less about mobs, kill more.
More you kill - more you get. Literally.
The more damage you can get in your face - the nastier mods you can roll on your maps, the more loot you will get (because of the bonus to Q, R and pack size).
Looting speed is a way better than slow MF character who dies a lot, on low-tier maps..

Simple calcs:

FC: Fast character with 0% MF, 500 mobs on map (read: walking 500 loot piles)
SMF: Slow MF char with 36%Q

Average FC clears a map in 3 min + took, maybe, 2 mins to grab & sell some junk.
5 mins in total.
SMF clears a map in 10 mins, meanwhile grabbing a loot from the ground.

For example, mobs in average drops something useful, like.. 1 item per 10 mobs.

FC: 10 maps in 50 mins, 5000 mobs killed, 500 items looted.
SMF: 5 maps in 50 mins, 2500 mobs killed, 250 * 36% = 340 items looted.

FC will get 32% more loot than SMF in the same amount of time.
+double amount of experience because he kills twice more mobs.
And it is basically a way funnier to play..

Now imagine if your char. is even slower than 10mins per map.. i don't even talk about pure clear-speed builds, who runs only for loot, ignoring the atlas and bosses - they can clear entire map in 40 seconds! Difference could be huge.

Don't misunderstood me, i don't trying to say that MF is useless.
It useless only if you don't understand the calculations of the farming process.
Go for MF only if your "items per hour" rate can\will be more than in non-mf gear.

Survivability calcs:

Weak character with 36% quantity
Easy maps with 50%Q, 70%R, 10% packsize
- VS -
String build with 0% Q
Hard maps with 147%Q, 250%R, 45% packsize

Who will be rich? And who will get all the fun from this game?
Last edited by bSun0000 on Jun 15, 2018, 9:08:51 PM
"
PrinceNiels wrote:
So this is something weighing on my mind for a bit now.

I love playing this game, solor or with friends.
Been actively playing since abyss league.

Each league its the same thing though
Its FUN to play the game until reaching around lvel 85.
Then experience gains are so damn low you are stuck doing low tier maps or risk high tier and die and lose like 10% experience each death.

In my opinion the combination of slow experience gain and experience penalty that harsh upon dying is UNFUN.

I dont expect to reach level 100 in a week of playing..
But it WOULD be nice to see some sort of a reward for the time I invest in this damn game.

Right now i play 2-3 hours or so.. get very little experience and if I die I lose it all again.
And I might get 1 or 2 chaos orbs dropping, despite having added Quality and Quantity bonus.

I've reached a point where I'm like.. Wtf is the point of playing this game?
I dont wanna move on but the struggle is real.

TLDR: game is fun until lvl 85, then its a fucking grind to hell.
Yea from lv. 85 game divide players on good ones and shit ones. Which are you? I'm happy that only few players can reach 100. That's true achievement.
"
PrinceNiels wrote:

Then experience gains are so damn low you are stuck doing low tier maps or risk high tier and die and lose like 10% experience each death.

In my opinion the combination of slow experience gain and experience penalty that harsh upon dying is UNFUN.

Right now i play 2-3 hours or so.. get very little experience and if I die I lose it all again.
And I might get 1 or 2 chaos orbs dropping, despite having added Quality and Quantity bonus.

you should try playing in hardcore mode. i never had any issues with % penaltys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info