[3.3] Trapper of Innocence - Budget 20C 4-Links only - T16/Shaper/Uber Atziri

No Chain Reaction, no Sunblast, and just scaling trigger AOE. Very sweet interaction with Tinkerskin.

Last edited by j0euser on Jun 16, 2018, 12:18:09 AM
I would really like a more detailed part on upgrades when we get currency and also using arc. If possible
Can't wait to try this build! - Finally bought the unique staff for 5c.
Interesting build, right now im testing it, for map clear i have arc in 5L Tinkerskin and unfortunately i 6-linked Martyr staff in 5 fuses :D Anyway coloring 3G 3B Martyr is real pain - im in around 1200+ chromes and best result i got is 3G 2B 1R so im going with fire pen for fire trap. Also im using herald of ash instead of arctic armor for more shattering.
Last edited by Chimerka on Jun 16, 2018, 6:48:48 AM
You must be amazingly unlucky, the staff needs about 50/50 dex and int, 3B/3G should be a pretty usual outcome!
I bought the staff yesterday, and I'm looking forward to starting the build sometime next week. Flamethrower Trap is such a cool skill!
€:nvm, its strength, im dumb! Probably should use Vorici shenanigans to color
Last edited by Schwachsinn on Jun 16, 2018, 8:29:54 AM
"
Schwachsinn wrote:
You must be amazingly unlucky, the staff needs about 50/50 dex and int, 3B/3G should be a pretty usual outcome!
I bought the staff yesterday, and I'm looking forward to starting the build sometime next week. Flamethrower Trap is such a cool skill!

According to wiki and my ingame staff - staff need 89 str/int
I'm not understanding why you have so many traps.
Siphon trap I get, but why bother with flamethrower and lightning?
Just want to say awesome build. Leveling has been a breeze. Almost done campaign and it was easy peasy once I got some decent ES/Life.
This is an awesome build indeed. I've tried Bladefall trapper this league but the delay between throwing traps and seeing the actual blades fall on your enemies can sometimes be too long for you to survive the encounter. This build is much sturdier and the interaction between EB, MoM and Tinkerskin is just great. Adding my 10 cents (pun intended) I've replaced the gloves with Slavedriver's Hand to free some more ES for MoM and avoid the situations when I can't throw traps because I've been hit too many times. It also helps with the IC duration (occasionally) because of the Endurance charge generation and with low-ish AOE of the Fire Trap itself. Ah, and I've managed to get more than enough resistances, so I use Hrimnor's Resolve to avoid those pesky freezes/chills. Less Life but more quality of life this way IMO. Thanks for the build!
Sapienti ban...
I'm sorry for getting back to everybody so late, been at a VR conference most of this weekend and haven't had the time to respond.

"
wmin wrote:
Really interested in playing a trapper. Especially simple but scalable build like yours.

Don’t have pob right now on hand. If you have 6 link martyr and 6 link tinker,

- the 2 extra gem wld be added fire and fire pen for fire trap setup?
- shift the flamethrower n lightning spire to tinkerskin? Then what extra 2 gems wld b gd?

I understand lightning spire for single target dmg. Is the flame thrower good for single dmg too?

Playstyle: for normal mobs, do u occasionally throw in flamethrower and lightning spire?

Don't go for added fire since it adds % of physical as fire. Go for Immolate and then Inc AoE/Conc Effect. For flamethrower/lightning spire I'd go for elemental focus then inc aoe/conc effect.

Flame thrower is actually a lot better for single target than lightning spire. But combined they are great. I do use flamethrower and lightning spire occasionally, especially for rare mobs that have some crazy mods. They're also really awesome for breaches/abysses/strongboxes.

"
build looks amazing, leveling it right now. Thanks so much for a great guide!

No problem, glad you like it! Let me know if you have any questions.

"
morfodauns wrote:
In your opinion, how does this build compare to Arc/Lighting Spire trapper?

I actually use Arc traps in a weapon swap because it's just so great for clearing. For single-target I swap back to fire-trap. I don't believe that an arc trapper will do as much damage as a fire trapper for single-target on a similar budget.

"
prospecial wrote:
no chin sol? are you ok mate? ;)

great build as always

just one thing, i am kinda concerned with the ES, i feel like you will eventually get into a situation, where you cant throw traps anymore

I know right? I do miss my favourite bow! Thanks for the kind words!

That will happen occasionally, but the Transcendent Mind jewel takes care of that problem entirely with some nice ES regen! Incursion has some useful things :P

"
j0euser wrote:
No Chain Reaction, no Sunblast, and just scaling trigger AOE. Very sweet interaction with Tinkerskin.

This league has made trappers just so much nicer! Without the need for chain reaction all on trigger effects are so much more useful.

"
I would really like a more detailed part on upgrades when we get currency and also using arc. If possible

Will work on this after the conference ends! Every day I get home right now I'm just so exhausted. Look for those updates tues/wed!

"
longPork wrote:
I'm not understanding why you have so many traps.
Siphon trap I get, but why bother with flamethrower and lightning?

They work really well for mechanics like strongboxes/abysses/breaches. On top of that they add a significant amount of single-target dps. On a 3-link each trap does on average like 200-300k dps. They are absurdly powerful. Think of it like ultimate attacks!

"
BenN1ce wrote:
Just want to say awesome build. Leveling has been a breeze. Almost done campaign and it was easy peasy once I got some decent ES/Life.

Glad you are enjoying it!

"
Feriens wrote:
This is an awesome build indeed. I've tried Bladefall trapper this league but the delay between throwing traps and seeing the actual blades fall on your enemies can sometimes be too long for you to survive the encounter. This build is much sturdier and the interaction between EB, MoM and Tinkerskin is just great. Adding my 10 cents (pun intended) I've replaced the gloves with Slavedriver's Hand to free some more ES for MoM and avoid the situations when I can't throw traps because I've been hit too many times. It also helps with the IC duration (occasionally) because of the Endurance charge generation and with low-ish AOE of the Fire Trap itself. Ah, and I've managed to get more than enough resistances, so I use Hrimnor's Resolve to avoid those pesky freezes/chills. Less Life but more quality of life this way IMO. Thanks for the build!

I love seeing people take builds in their own direction! Glad it's working for you :) Let me know if you have any questions along the way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info