[3.11] Brittleknee’s SRS Necromancer - Reliable, Beginner-Friendly. All content. Harvest Ready!

"
i8037 wrote:
I don't get why summoner guides suggest crafting a weapon. Apart from staff SRS uniques cover all summoner needs in terms of weapon.

Damage? Scourge.
Speed? Brightbeak.
Defense? Advancing Fortress.

In fact, Advancing Fortress is a really nice weapon for SRS if you think about it. it becomes your shield after you give away your Lycosidae.
40/12 block chance with perf Rumis + Alchemist node.
57/29 block chance with Bone Offering.
57/58 block chance with Stone of Lazhwar (or a crafted Shaper amulet).

Scourge can be expensive early on in a league. SSF won't always get Brightbeak to drop. There's situations where crafting can be good and I'd rather include the information than not, even if there are are readily accessible alternatives for a majority of players.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
imo huys build had more than enough hp to survive and I played it through everything at leaguestart (except shaper ive had like 4 srs builds brought none into shaper) and facerolled everything using skin of the loyal so why is there no mention of it at all? Easily hitting 5.5k+ life on trash leaguestart unoptomized items I see no need to go for belly when you can just put in more damage.
Amazing and well structured guide.
Thanks a lot!
"
imo huys build had more than enough hp to survive and I played it through everything at leaguestart (except shaper ive had like 4 srs builds brought none into shaper) and facerolled everything using skin of the loyal so why is there no mention of it at all? Easily hitting 5.5k+ life on trash leaguestart unoptomized items I see no need to go for belly when you can just put in more damage.

Huy's build was optimized for damage. His guide contains all of the necessary information for getting the most damage out of the 'base' build. When I helped out back in January I tried to round the guide out but at the end of the day, that was his goal and he achieved it extremely well.

I'm not primarily a min-max person. I want my build to do great damage, but I'll always value things like comfort, ease of play, and making things approachable for a wide range of players. My goals have never been to put in the things to get the largest damage and call it a day. That is where Huy and I differ, and that's why I split off and did my own thing.

The point is, I love SRS. My personal goals with the guide/build is to provide a foundation for all ranges of players to come here and get something out of it. If you've got the experience and want to push damage then great, grab a Skin and faceroll the content. The tree will still get you there. Being a brand new player in Harbinger I'm glad I had 7k+ life from using Belly because I made a lot of mistakes. It takes time to learn all the mechanics and some of these other options can allow people to explore game content without being shut down or without mistakes being so punishing.

I had to rely on a +1 Corrupted Skin's damage to even get Uber Elder, so I'm not above using one, and it is mentioned in the Uber gearing section.
Nice build, however the "4 mil shaper dps" is missleading. You ticked "enemy is shocked", but there's no way you're shocking shaper at 50% effectiveness (in fact your SRS have the base 5% crit and 0 lightning damage, how do you shock at all?)

Also, you won't "have killed recently" against shaper/guardian.

You will also have a hard time having Elemental Equilibrium proc properly, since it would require you to shield charge the boss BEFORE summoning your SRS, or hope that you can get to hit the boss before your SRS catch-up, and that's only for the first EE trigger; your first SRS hit will have the EE bonus... and then override the EE and you just get a dps penality from EE.
So, EE doesn't work in your setup.

Finally, keep in mind Avian's Might will be up only 50% of the time, since it rotate with Avian's Flight.

All of that adds up to roughly 2.14m shaper dps, which is still good but down a half from the original value. That's still a very nice setup, it looks much more affordable than the classic low-life version while sporting similar dps.
Thanks for the wonderful guide!
🏆pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2761386 - Interview 📜
🏆Flashback SC Bestiary - Top 1 Trickster
🏆Flashback SC Incursion - Top 1 Trickster
🏆Flashback SC Synthesis - Top 1 Chieftain
⭐Competition: 3
"
kazelone wrote:
Nice build, however the "4 mil shaper dps" is missleading. You ticked "enemy is shocked", but there's no way you're shocking shaper at 50% effectiveness (in fact your SRS have the base 5% crit and 0 lightning damage, how do you shock at all?)

Also, you won't "have killed recently" against shaper/guardian.

You will also have a hard time having Elemental Equilibrium proc properly, since it would require you to shield charge the boss BEFORE summoning your SRS, or hope that you can get to hit the boss before your SRS catch-up, and that's only for the first EE trigger; your first SRS hit will have the EE bonus... and then override the EE and you just get a dps penality from EE.
So, EE doesn't work in your setup.

Finally, keep in mind Avian's Might will be up only 50% of the time, since it rotate with Avian's Flight.

All of that adds up to roughly 2.14m shaper dps, which is still good but down a half from the original value. That's still a very nice setup, it looks much more affordable than the classic low-life version while sporting similar dps.

The 4M Shaper Damage as far as shocked is concerned is actually correct, according to the first person who corrected me on the matter. I'm sorry for the confusion. The damage used to be 6.8M, and I have not updated the PoB to reflect this. If you multiply the current PoB's listed minion damage (341,475) x 20, it would show you what I was thinking was the original damage (6,829,500). The 4M is the 'corrected' value without PoB's Shocked Box. That value was given to me, and can be seen in previous posts here on the thread.

I shock through Vaal Lightning Trap. For bosses you'll be throwing traps for shock as soon as they expire and the changes to Vaal skills allows them to regenerate fairly quickly. Its a gem I swap in for bosses and primarily use Vaal Clarity for mapping.

'Have killed recently' adds nothing to my minion damage. If you toggle it, it only affects cast speed. Some guardians/bosses have minion phases/adds so I do think it is appropriate to check that box.

EE is very easy to maintain. You have to shield charge a mob or boss anyways every 4ish seconds due to both Fortify and Scourge, and dropping off OOS is another easy way to maintain EE. Its designed around existing required build mechanics and even allows for precise-ish targeting in multiple target situations (atziri split phase, for example). Its a cornerstone to the build and is very, very useful to the build.

That being said EE cannot be applied by your minions in any way, so there is literally no way for them to "mess up" your EE. Only YOU can F* up your EE. (Fire Enchant on Gloves form Lab, for example, or having any other element applying extra damage such as accidentally having both cold and lightning damage to attacks on rings/ammy.)

As far as Avian's flight... Okay, you got me there. I wouldn't know how to calculate that, so PoB's check box is good enough for me.

I am super passionate about the build and both appreciate and encourage discussion. I've tried to be as transparent as possible by immediately correcting the Shaper damage both here and on the Youtube video. I'll also make it my priority to update the PoB link sooner rather than later.
"
4.3mil shaper dps is your real dps, you cant put "is enemy shocked, yes" on in pob, it still shows the max shock effect. If you want shock, you need add the "real" shock manually.

Simply unchecking "Is the enemy Shocked?" in the currently linked PoB build gives us 227 650.20 x 20 = 4 553 004.00 DPS.

Then Vaal Lightning Trap can apply Shocked Ground causing 15%-20% Increased Damage Taken, but we swap Vaal Clarity for it, so we lose some bonus from Commander of Darkness. I believe it makes it 5 165 199.70 - 5 389 773.60 DPS in the end.

I think there's nothing wrong with leaving Aspect of the Avian checked if we're speaking here about the maximum possible number. It's pretty hard to figure out some average or "sustained" DPS with factors like the number of minions, using a Minion Skill Recently, dealing a Hit Recently, EE, Vaal Haste, Flesh Offering, etc. If you want to assume everything always on but Avian's Might 50% of the time, then I think it's up to 5 144 782.80 DPS.
Last edited by Xayazi on Aug 21, 2018, 6:05:28 AM
Good job Britt. Really well made. Keep up the good work!
Twitch: twitch.tv/MySurvive
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MySurvive_
Discord: discord.gg/ztCrAdJ
Like Huy's guide, it is is so extremely well written and thorough. Thank you for your contribution to the community!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info