[3.5]Tybbber's Champion Chin Sol full fire Blast Rain/RoA | Uber Elder farmer/all content viable

"
I pulled off some nice gear and don't need resists on boots. My thinking on the matter financially speaking, is 2 abyss socket Bubonic Trail is a totally unnecessary as you'd swap to Kaom's Roots ideally on Uber Elder anyways.

The damage you gain isn't that much needed, but i like it. Also i don't switch to Kaom's Root, but i completely see the use.

"
Also I like your idea of Lightpoacher w/ Blastrain enchant and found one for only 90c

I think Lightpoacher has more damage and same amount of life if you can get the jewels for it. It also has all resistances, helping quite a lot when you end up with full, or close to it, abyssal gear.

"
I feel like we can't afford the loss of crit chance though.

You can, no worries. It's weird to say, but we don't invest in crit. We go crit cause it's really really cost efficient in term of points in the tree and gear we have to use (1 diamond flask and that's it), for a lot of damage gain. Investing in more crit chance isn't worth it, and crit multi is really hard to come by as well.
thank you.
So, ( I'm pretty noob to PoB, never really learned how to get around in it) but I uploaded my Champ, and it shows 1,623,000 dps, without taking into account the Blastrain enchant, so just shy of 2 mill shaper dps. ( woot!)

My question though is how do you see with flasks active? There is no change flask active box checked vs unchecked
Yo guys, I'm back and wanted to update my situation.

Character name: PioggiaDiFrecce

I was able to buy a good Lorewave (i think rolls are good, but tell me if there's someting not ok), and did it 6-link.
I had some lucky drops, and managed to improve my gear, especially the abyss jewel.

But still, the damage on PoB doesn't reach 2M... I honestly dont know what to change for improving the gear, in order to gain that 500k-750k dps.

I tried uberelder, failed twice. The first time i killed the shaper, but wasted two portals so i couldnt finish it; the second time i did some other errors, i took the shaper and elder to 25%.

My biggest problem in that fight is the degen. With 5.5k HP, the life drains out so fast. I need to learn to move better, but probably need to improve dps too, in order to reduce the fight lenght.

Also. Im quite concerned about the fact that with not-easy mods, this character gets oneshot quite often, and not only against bosses. And this is noticeable especially in delve. Im currently at 240 depth so i haven't gone down much, but still... a lot of mobs, even without added damage, can oneshot me.
Last edited by Serge91 on Oct 14, 2018, 2:47:48 AM
"
My question though is how do you see with flasks active? There is no change flask active box checked vs unchecked

You just have to tick the boxes in the item tab:

"
But still, the damage on PoB doesn't reach 2M... I honestly dont know what to change for improving the gear, in order to gain that 500k-750k dps.

I took your PoB in my usual setup and here's the result : https://pastebin.com/K4npdrXz

You have 2M1 DPS for 4 explosions and 2M6 DPS when you take into the enchant. I think DPS is fine. If you want more, you have to go for better jewels.
Double flat fire, attack speed when crit and life. Those are the only mods you want on jewels if you can afford. Getting better rings will allow you to grab Bubonic Trails and boost your damage another 20%.

"
I tried uberelder, failed twice. The first time i killed the shaper, but wasted two portals so i couldnt finish it; the second time i did some other errors, i took the shaper and elder to 25%.

My biggest problem in that fight is the degen. With 5.5k HP, the life drains out so fast. I need to learn to move better, but probably need to improve dps too, in order to reduce the fight lenght.

Uber Elder isn't an easy fight. There is very few builds that go in there and just facestomp the guy. So few i can't even name one. That being said, you should have the prerequisites gear wise to kill him. You have 80% res with 5K7 hp, and 2M6 DPS. I don't know how many you fought Uber Elder in total, but i did manage to kill him the first time(not with that build) after 4 tries, so yeah, not that easy. That build was on the first attempt, but i'm better with this type of character.

The degens aren't easy to deal with. The best i could come up with was using the Pantheon to get life flask, and just don't stand in them. Place the vortex in only 1 point if you can (takes some practice), and kill all the Madness Propagator as soon as they spawn. If you have the dark degen ground, it's because you didn't, and messed up. Those guys NEED to die as soon as they spawn, don't let them shit on the ground.

It's not easy, but you most likely will get there.

"
Also. Im quite concerned about the fact that with not-easy mods, this character gets oneshot quite often, and not only against bosses. And this is noticeable especially in delve. Im currently at 240 depth so i haven't gone down much, but still... a lot of mobs, even without added damage, can oneshot me.

Can't really tell about that part, but i have no issue in 350+ with a Scion with the exact same build, 6K hp no fortify.
"
TybbberLol wrote:

"

I took your PoB in my usual setup and here's the result : https://pastebin.com/K4npdrXz

You have 2M1 DPS for 4 explosions and 2M6 DPS when you take into the enchant. I think DPS is fine. If you want more, you have to go for better jewels.
Double flat fire, attack speed when crit and life. Those are the only mods you want on jewels if you can afford. Getting better rings will allow you to grab Bubonic Trails and boost your damage another 20%.

"

Uber Elder isn't an easy fight. There is very few builds that go in there and just facestomp the guy. So few i can't even name one. That being said, you should have the prerequisites gear wise to kill him. You have 80% res with 5K7 hp, and 2M6 DPS. I don't know how many you fought Uber Elder in total, but i did manage to kill him the first time(not with that build) after 4 tries, so yeah, not that easy. That build was on the first attempt, but i'm better with this type of character.

The degens aren't easy to deal with. The best i could come up with was using the Pantheon to get life flask, and just don't stand in them. Place the vortex in only 1 point if you can (takes some practice), and kill all the Madness Propagator as soon as they spawn. If you have the dark degen ground, it's because you didn't, and messed up. Those guys NEED to die as soon as they spawn, don't let them shit on the ground.

It's not easy, but you most likely will get there.

"

Can't really tell about that part, but i have no issue in 350+ with a Scion with the exact same build, 6K hp no fortify.

I see, then i missed some setup on PoB, thanks mate :p

I did defeat the Uber Elder once last league, using 3 portals. I did RF pathfinder, had 100% cold and lightning resistance, with 80% phys damage taken as elemental damage taken (almost phys immune), and for tanking the shaper balls i needed to use the talisman that converts 50% of cold damage to lightning damage.
I needed to use that talisman because that wasn't a quick build, i mean in terms of movement, so i new i would have been hit many times by the balls. And with very low dps, the fight was long.
With that build, it was doable deathless, if learning the right movement.

Yeah i don't have a lot of experience. In total, i've probably done like 4-5 runs before, but build/gear wasn't good enough i suppose, because i think i didn't take one boss to 50% hp.
I need to learn to see and kill immediately that fuckin propagators lol.

That's encouraging, i just need to try again to learn the right moves.
Thanks mate!
I finally did it, YES!!! :D

"

Congrats mate! It's a hard fight, but doing it with a more "skill based" build than being immune to 80% of the shit feels more rewarding right? At least that was what i had in mind when i posted it.
"
TybbberLol wrote:

"

Congrats mate! It's a hard fight, but doing it with a more "skill based" build than being immune to 80% of the shit feels more rewarding right? At least that was what i had in mind when i posted it.

Indeed it is.

Im gonna retry soon, in order to learn better the fight, for the new builds in the next league.

Thanks a lot mate, you've been great so far. I like how you have answered to the problems of us so fast, that's truly dedication mate!
Hey man thanks for posting the build and guide to leveling and endgame - it really helped/helps.

I'm playing HC Delve so I chose the more survivable path (into the scion tree). Made a few more changes to the tree and gear: Maloney's Nightfall quiver, Lightpoacher's and Belly's like some others here did.

I think Lightpoacher's is going to be great for delving, I just upgraded to it tonight and will try it out tomorrow. Actually would prefer Tombfist for the Maim but it's out of my $$$ league ;)

From what I can see my final Shaper DPS is probably going to be around 1M+ with Wise Oak and good jewels/gear - not sure if I want to go into that fight on HC though until I'm tired of living

https://pastebin.com/0Y7KZhiX

Anyway, just wanted to thank you once again for the detailed guide. Still following it for the endgame info! Rock on!!

Edit: Oh I forgot to say, Im also using blasphemy + enfeeble instead of the Herald - good synergy with our close range. And spell totem->frost wall for the hairy situations which I'm unsure about. And also Phase Run (with Blood Rage frenzy charges) for mapping fast & phase through Frost Wall :)_
Last edited by Gorson on Oct 31, 2018, 6:33:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info