Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

"
mic01851165 wrote:
Just wanna comment I did Grandmaster Trial easily first try no death with Arc

I tried and succeeded. I also used Block Chance Reduction Support. But I encountered Zami who refused to die. Quick googling and Scorching Ray is the answer (I used 3-link The Searing Touch with Efficacy and Concentrated Effect).
"
Wermine wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:
Just wanna comment I did Grandmaster Trial easily first try no death with Arc

I tried and succeeded. I also used Block Chance Reduction Support. But I encountered Zami who refused to die. Quick googling and Scorching Ray is the answer (I used 3-link The Searing Touch with Efficacy and Concentrated Effect).

I think block reduction alone is enough to kill all of them.
I didn't switch anything else.
I didn't encounter the "refuse to die" issue though.
Maybe your dps is slightly lower at that point?

When I use other builds in Grandmaster, I did encounter 2 of them that refuse to die.
Not with the Arc trap though.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Aug 25, 2018, 11:40:49 PM
"
mic01851165 wrote:

When I use other builds in Grandmaster, I did encounter 2 of them that refuse to die.

Are the grandmasters always the same or do they rotate? I stacked traps next to barrier, walked closer and everyone dies instantly, always. Except that one guy. Shrug. But if anyone has problems with him, Scorching Ray is the answer.
"
Wermine wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:

Are the grandmasters always the same or do they rotate? I stacked traps next to barrier, walked closer and everyone dies instantly, always. Except that one guy. Shrug. But if anyone has problems with him, Scorching Ray is the answer.

i think is fixed.

Also I think you're talking about that one guy with high energy shield on.

That guy is the only one that lives for more than 5 seconds, but be patient, set lightning spire/ bear trap on top of him and keep throwing Arc trap and he'd eventually die.
It looks like you're not damaging him but you actually are damaging him.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Aug 26, 2018, 6:36:21 AM
"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Thank you for those helpful tips, will give that a go!

Just a follow up question - what stats should I shoot for before I can start using this as a uber lab farmer? I dont wanna get one shot by fully buff izaro or argus !

Realistically, Izuri should have never touched you before the fight ends.

You have time to set up burst with lightning spire + arc + bear trap + 5 power charge at start.
You have grace, dodge, blind as defensive layers against all his attacks.
Izuru does not has too much hp because he is gone after every 25%~50% hp.
The final phase hp is even lower than the 2nd phase and ended before it starts.
I have did Uber lab for many times and yet to get hit by him a single time.

But if you want absolute safety in case you "might" take a hit, the combine hp should reach maybe 6k (including MOM's mitigation). Still I say he should never land a hit on you anyway..

PS: Running stone golem is very helpful for the trap part.
PS2: Don't underestimate the hp flask recharge pantheon regarding to how useful it is in uber lab trap section.

Thanks mic for that advise, really helpful :)

In early league, I guess its easier to get to 6k EHP by a mix of Life and MoM Mana.
So maybe shoot for about 4000HP and 2000Mana? Is that how 30% MoM formula works to determine EHP?

A related but separate question if I may. This build seems to have no shortage of damage. Its probably one of the strongest builds I have played in terms of raw damage vs cost.
Given it has so much damage, are there any efficient ways to improve the build's tankiness even further? I ask because im quite the noob player and suck at dodging boss mechanics ><
"
bankai1009 wrote:

A related but separate question if I may. This build seems to have no shortage of damage. Its probably one of the strongest builds I have played in terms of raw damage vs cost.
Given it has so much damage, are there any efficient ways to improve the build's tankiness even further? I ask because im quite the noob player and suck at dodging boss mechanics ><

Get helmet with "10% of physical damage taken as <fire|cold|lightning> damage". Get spell dodge on boots. Ditch Cheap Construction jewel, it doesn't do much. Get more jewel slots and get jewels with either 7% max life or flat 45+ max life. You could always ditch the weapon and get shield with lots of hp (and shields can have lots of offensive stats too).

But most importantly: Learn the bosses, learn what spells mobs cast, learn all mechanics. Shaper fight is hard if you bang your head against the wall and just blindly spam traps standing still. When you know the fight you can manually/mechanically dodge almost all the damage. The game is more satisfying when you know there are lots of things that can wreck you but you counter them by playing correctly.
"
bankai1009 wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Thank you for those helpful tips, will give that a go!

Just a follow up question - what stats should I shoot for before I can start using this as a uber lab farmer? I dont wanna get one shot by fully buff izaro or argus !

Realistically, Izuri should have never touched you before the fight ends.

You have time to set up burst with lightning spire + arc + bear trap + 5 power charge at start.
You have grace, dodge, blind as defensive layers against all his attacks.
Izuru does not has too much hp because he is gone after every 25%~50% hp.
The final phase hp is even lower than the 2nd phase and ended before it starts.
I have did Uber lab for many times and yet to get hit by him a single time.

But if you want absolute safety in case you "might" take a hit, the combine hp should reach maybe 6k (including MOM's mitigation). Still I say he should never land a hit on you anyway..

PS: Running stone golem is very helpful for the trap part.
PS2: Don't underestimate the hp flask recharge pantheon regarding to how useful it is in uber lab trap section.

Thanks mic for that advise, really helpful :)

In early league, I guess its easier to get to 6k EHP by a mix of Life and MoM Mana.
So maybe shoot for about 4000HP and 2000Mana? Is that how 30% MoM formula works to determine EHP?

To be more tanky is very easy.

Belly of the Beast is a good choice thx to its high hp bonus and recovery rate.
Also like the above mentioned, 10% physical taken as elemental on helmet.
Try getting evasion on most of your parts for higher evade percentage.
Grace watcher eye can give up to 10% more dodge which bump your dodge to 50%.
Spell dodge on shoe can boost your spell dodge chance to 42~46%. (I use Atziri's boot for 16% spell dodge. Only do that if you able to cap your resistance from other part)
High layer of dodge/ evasion on top of high hp and high regen + infinite healing flask equates to very durable build.

Basically HP is your best friend in this build since all you need to worry about is OHKO move, so as long as your hp is high enough to not get OHKOed, you're safe for the most part.
We do not fear degen that much with our high recovery rate/ regen rate.

This build is actually pretty tanky in glass cannon build standard.
Not the most tanky build in the world like high hp Ascendant or Jugg, but as far as dps build go, it is very tanky for a dps class.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Aug 26, 2018, 2:47:37 PM
The league has officially come to an end.

I got my lv21 Arc in literally last second...

Let;s see if the arc trap would survive in 3.4 or not.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Aug 27, 2018, 6:16:37 PM
"
mic01851165 wrote:
The league has officially come to an end.

I got my lv21 Arc in literally last second...

Let;s see if the arc trap would survive in 3.4 or not.

Arc looks like it'd be unchanged at least according to the manifesto, but traps in general taking a big hit in longer throw time + reduction of traps thrown on cluster trap by 1(20% LESS dps). Any form of trap except for Lightning Trap will be seeing a flat nerf in other words. Arc trap is done imo, I figure it can still do red maps and maybe even push shaper and maybe Uber Elder, but won't be anywhere be as easy before as the DPS will get lowered by a good amount.

I do think I may try a Lighting Trap Deadeye though in 3.4, mainly due to LT being buffed and tailwind off deadeye does keep the trap throwing speed respectably quick.
Last edited by reciprocate on Aug 27, 2018, 11:32:30 PM
Rip.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info