Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

Why does lightning spire seem like it does no damage? Isn't it supposed to be like the boss destroyer? It seems like such a dps loss compared to just throwing Arc trap at them.
Primarily because you have it in a 4link, while your arc is 6 linked. Try getting gloves with +1 trap thrown and putting arc into it (+1 trap thrown comes with "socketed gems are supported by trap support", so you automatically get a 5 link), then move spire to your 6 link. I stopped using it as the only use I had for it was throwing it at immobile bosses so I could run around while it dealt dmg. I kept it in a 4link as well, so I was not impressed by the damage.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
seems like if you use those gloves, you'd be getting one shotted by everything no matter how high your regen is. A fully linked trap costs somewhere around 70-80 mana (havent fully leveled yet) x 2 for blood magic means every trap thrown costs 150 life and you throw traps quite fast...

In fact, that's simply not so. You can spam traps forever with blood magic. However, the loss of +1 traps thrown is a big hit to DPS.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 18, 2018, 2:01:57 PM

What improvements do you think needs to be done so that the char is ready for uber elder?

also do you put arc setup into shaped gloves, and lightning spire into 5l loreweave? If so, what is the fifth link for lightning spire?
Last edited by MillenniumDH on Jun 18, 2018, 2:10:12 PM
As another idea, coming from an RF character. I have a double vitality watcher and a regen belt. Paired with the 20% from pyromaniac and the Loreweave, I think its better than grace for defense plus less mana reserved. I don't have many life nodes yet on my trapper but my regen is ridiculous to the point where it doesn't really matter that I don't evade as much. Anyone else try out this set up at the higher levels? Ideally, I'll have enough mana regen to run vitality and clarity with enlighten 4 and then throw grace into the essence worm while still being able to spam traps. Currently though I can only use two auras for mana comfort. **of course the items for this kind of adjustment are extremely expensive (belt and watcher are necessary for vitality but each are a lot of exalts)
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jun 18, 2018, 4:17:31 PM
Can someone tell me which ascendancy path I should go for?

Pyromaniac -> perfect crime -> chain reaction -> born in the shadows

"
Nemesan wrote:

chain reaction last, its not even necesary, cause there is a lot of trap trigger area on the tree

Im also considering unlearn chain reaction and put points into explosive expert, because chain reaction is ruining frenzy / power charges generation, cause you have chance to obtain those charges only when trap is triggered by enemy, so 1 trap have chance to generate charges, rest are triggered by chain reaction plus explosive expert will put damage into absurd numbers
Last edited by Chimerka on Jun 18, 2018, 5:44:37 PM
"
Chimerka wrote:
"
Nemesan wrote:

chain reaction last, its not even necesary, cause there is a lot of trap trigger area on the tree

Im also considering unlearn chain reaction and put points into explosive expert, because chain reaction is ruining frenzy / power charges generation, cause you have chance to obtain those charges only when trap is triggered by enemy, so 1 trap have chance to generate charges, rest are triggered by chain reaction plus explosive expert will put damage into absurd numbers

yeah been thinking about that too :-)
"
Chimerka wrote:
"
Nemesan wrote:

Absurd numbers? I see a 3% DPS increase in PoB for Arc and 5% for Spire. Count in the occasional non-triggered trap and you lose damage.

I am with you, chain reaction sucks for charge generation, but it is not as if Explosives Expert is really much better for damage.
So I thought at level 90 with my gear I would be a in a spot to laugh at the shaper, but I am getting one shot, I had to use all the portals to just barely squeak out a kill. Can one of you peeps who is in the super end game position take a look at my gear and see what Im doing wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info