Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

How do you skip the degen on shimmerons? Im just starting the build and wondering what to expect when I swap into them.
In a house of mirrors, who perceives who to be real?
Ok shimmeron is garbage swap shimmeron for any other wands they are useless now for this build
Refference Thread:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201191/page/1

The dev shit on this nice not only unique ELDER wands.. they practically have done a stupid work and i think they are verry verry bad workers if i could i would fired them.

I have this for the moment:

Last edited by x4linx on Oct 19, 2018, 9:38:33 AM
"
x4linx wrote:
Ok shimmeron is garbage swap shimmeron for any other wands they are useless now for this build
Refference Thread:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201191/page/1

The dev shit on this nice not only unique ELDER wands.. they practically have done a stupid work and i think they are verry verry bad workers if i could i would fired them.

Coming from someone who barely play this season, your argument is hard to convince anyone.

Shimmeron is still one of the highest dps weapon for arc trapper, and there're alot of ways to work around.

I've been using Shimmeron and got as far as Delve 600 without any trouble so far. (The only reason I'm only still at 600 is cuz grinding supphite takes way too long now). Ofc I cleared all contents easily too (uber elder is way easier than Delve bosses lolz), and casually grind high mods t16 with dying chance of lower than 1%, and can literally do any mods without trouble. (I only die in Delve cuz of random one shot)

People who complain about Shimmeron probably never try to spend abit of investment on regen like that 1% hp regen trait close-by/ stone golem/ etc.

There's another guy who hit delve 1200 (not in International server) with 2 shimmerons as arc trapper.

Sure you can use rare wands, but you nned really REALLY good wands to come close to Shimmeron's dps at 6 power charge, and even then the dps is still lower.

PS: The wands you link are not good at all. If you bother to put it in pob calculator, at 6 charge, your dps would be way lower than Shimmeron. (Like half of the dps)
Last edited by mic01851165 on Oct 19, 2018, 9:55:23 AM
Ok so you say to get at last 1% life regen and all ok? why dont u give us a solution like response to this thread and stop only complain about others and his messages i have complained about what alot other ppl sayed to not only my opinion and put there an possible solution of what i thinked was ok so if u have better solution please go on let us see... dont just come to show us how good you are im sure no one likes this type of messages and you are out of topic on this one mate.

P.S. This is my second acount and this is the 4th pj playing this league all other 3 level 90, first is DualTotem UberLab Farmer, 88 Arc trapper with 2H staff for HoG Farming only and the third 87 right now DS Facetank Jugg.
Last edited by x4linx on Oct 19, 2018, 10:30:27 AM
HI mic,

i really apprecita your help to us:)
I have some questions:)
1. Do you use a jaws of agony's bear trap in delve?
2. how does the frostwall trick works in delve? i check your profile and i saw you use 2 frostwalls (1 cwdt and 1 self cast)
3. do you use vaal RF only for the more damage bonus?
4. if i have 5 power charges, the simmeron beat any other wands too (in case of dps) ?
5. do you use only vaal grace ?

I'm in delve 520 and sometimes i die:/

e.g like this bioms:/ too much mobs, i can't kill them in time:/

"
x4linx wrote:
Just finished the ingame acts and Bosses but get alot of degenerate like (im loosing life verry fast), can possibly someone tell me why?

POB shows that you have only 68% lightning res
make 80 max res on lorelweaw and cap the res and you get a 0 degen
"
AdamK wrote:
HI mic,

i really apprecita your help to us:)
I have some questions:)
1. Do you use a jaws of agony's bear trap in delve?
2. how does the frostwall trick works in delve? i check your profile and i saw you use 2 frostwalls (1 cwdt and 1 self cast)
3. do you use vaal RF only for the more damage bonus?
4. if i have 5 power charges, the simmeron beat any other wands too (in case of dps) ?
5. do you use only vaal grace ?

I'm in delve 520 and sometimes i die:/

e.g like this bioms:/ too much mobs, i can't kill them in time:/

1. I don't use bear trap, but I keep the shield for more hp.
I lost around 40k dps by not using a rare wand, but in the end I feel like my dps is sufficient. I want to keep the dps consistent by having 6 power charge all the time without having to manually control it by constantly swapping to off hand. Jaw of Agony have both hp and alittle bit of dps and some block chance. Most importantly, it's easy to get a good vaal implicit on it cuz the base is so cheap. So yeah, that's free 6% hp from shield = another 100+ hp for me. It's not the best shield for dps but it has more consistent dps. Otherwise you have to put it in offhand and swap to it when the duration goes lower.1

2. I use both CWDT and manual Frostball because they're just way too good in Delve. (The layout of Delve is literally made for Frostwall)
CWDT is to deal with random one-shot level of range attack which hurt very bad. It's a lifer save in many occasions.

Manual frostwall is even more important , and is mainly used to block enemies from progressing closer, as well as safely dealing with mobs when you fight on the node. (I no longer fight on point in delve encounter, I usually sit way back in the intersection of tunnel and set a frostwall to safely kill off enemies while block off enemies. It blocks deadly projectile and deadly wave attack from those bats, as well as blocking deadly poison projectile from the ice thingy.)

3. I rarely use Vaal RF cuz it's rarely needed, but it's useful when you fight mini boss in delve encounter. You want them dead asap cuz they have high chance of one shot at 600+ (currently I'm at 660). It boosts my dps by around 80k according to calculator . (Idk how the calculator dps works for trap, just read the number though. I feel like our dps is way higher than the calculator showed anyway)

4. 5 Power charge shimmeron is still very high dps. You need rare wand with perfect roll of ele penetration, high crit , high crit multiplier + high spell damage to come close with 5+ charge shimmeron. Well, if you manage to get this mirror level of wand, feel free to use rare wand. You can then take off points from power charge and put in some other dps mods. I just feel like the negative effect of Shimmeron is easy enough to deal with so I keep using Shimmeron. They're like 20c right now to get a near perfect Shimmeron.
Also if you gonna change to non power charge set up, you have to get good enchantment of arc on The Three Dragon yourself cuz no-one is selling them on market.(This helm too unpopular) Gl running uber laby to get that 1/150 chance of getting the right enchantment.

5. Yes I only use Vaal grace. It's mainly for emergency of tight situation.
It should usually be reserved for very tight encounter like big pack size overwhelms the whole screen and nowhere to run.

The key is have around 5.9k around of hp to deal with mistakes/ error.
(This applies to MoM setup, counting your mp mitigation ofc. The only downside is with MoM, one of your ring spot and flask spot is literally locked)
Also chaos res is pretty important for me to not get one-shot by those stupid bats that use multi-hit chaos sound wave, as well as dealing with zombies that leave a deadly poison trail on death. W/o chaos res you prob will die instantly from those 2 source of deadly chaos attack. My current Chaos res is around 30% with the usage of Atziri's Promise. It's a good flask for both dps and defense in Delve.

Overall I don't feel like Delve is that hard with my current set up.
Mobs still melt most of the time, if they didn't melt, they're frozen anyway.
Ele penetration is pretty important because I think the deadliest mod right now is 40% ele resist + 25% chaos resist, cuz the monsters really become alot more bulkier , and makes the encounter longer = higher chance to die.

The only thing stopping me right now is my boredom of grinding t14~16 maps mindlessly to get supphite. Otherwise I don't feel like I'd have any trouble reaching 800 or higher. The mobs become quite static in my opinion and I don't feel like they're getting much stronger any time soon. I now ignore all nodes and only focus on climbing down. 29K supphite is only enough to climb around 20 levels which is ridiculously, so you can't waste any supphite on side-trip.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Oct 22, 2018, 4:38:37 AM
HI all,

thanks Mic,your detailed description was very useful for me (i think others too)
Finally i hit lvl600 and can focus only the 500 lab chest:/
Is there any tips/tricks to do the lab much faster?
I bougt a 6l Forrest and have 30K evasion, my MS jump up 20% whet the eva flask up.
I know the Forest cap is 40K, but is it worth to invest the missing 10K eva or any method to do the lab faster?:)
ty again,

Br.

Adam
Began to play this build 10 days ago and it's really fun even though i never play trapper before.
Have killed shaper and uber atziri deathless and even got this..

My Gear so far
Spoiler

This is obviusly not the best setup possible but will try to sell that glove to get better gear to try uber elder...Because I dont have expierence vs uber elder.

What would you recommend me to improve first?
"
Raluska wrote:
Began to play this build 10 days ago and it's really fun even though i never play trapper before.
Have killed shaper and uber atziri deathless and even got this..

My Gear so far
Spoiler

This is obviusly not the best setup possible but will try to sell that glove to get better gear to try uber elder...Because I dont have expierence vs uber elder.

What would you recommend me to improve first?

I've been thinking about speccing into this build from the lightning traps build that I've been doing, since I played arc trapper last league and loved it.

I know I'm not answering your question, but how are you dealing with the life degen from shimmerons? Most of the people I've seen are only running one, but I see you've got two going. Are you just swapping in and out when you need the dps or something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info