[3.11] Powerful Earthquake Slayer (beginner friendly, leaguestarter, FAST, all content)

"
Everground wrote:
"
CARNEYLORD wrote:
hi looking into doing this build however i want to include some warcries into the build especially generals cry and fist of war since its almost free damage considering how jumping into swarms of things to kill is earthquakes thing have you put any thought into a where a warcry or two would fit? and would it still be viable i dont care if the damage drops to be honest this will be fun with or without max dps to me

Exactly my thoughts. I want to use this build in SSF and add in some warcries. I dont mind if the build is a bit slow I just want something TANKY with slow big hits.

Due to the removal of the helmet enchant for the duration, EQ will be slower anyways, so it might be the right time to go fully BOOM and less speedy. :D
Last edited by Prycro on Jun 18, 2020, 1:27:40 PM
I made a similar tree, didn't know what skill I'd want to use but you convinced me Earthquake seems really good.

Here it is and it's crit-focused. To be honest I'm no expert so I don't know if it's a good idea tho. Most of my own builds tend to suck but the overall tree was similar to yours so I figured it can't be that bad!

https://poeplanner.com/ABUAAQ0AFRQAAIObLV85ivDEgrCrvqdlTb02R36E2amUhmBhUiFVLPuKIicg3D0HdcCmlwjwxJMPOlIOPLyfGJH8SxRNFHHZfIIH-OtkUsGj4mEwd1n-TjIX4Sb4E0zqGHasz373MpJ93COYb-XPrlBlp3Kp5FFQR-8OFCCXeQmWOQ6sqlnzGjiQVScv_grYvTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRbXyNuhfP1ivqW54DcAabzt5aMEEWjL9MIiPGuRqpQUtdO1670CgIWByAeWzfTs8TiDqcWqKbAHcd-OHal4T707scYWPgy7fqXTxGNtdLH8HZkzLent0RrfTb_PdaGXzb0nVCbulNfVh79FDo1HalSSygIa0AAAAAAA=
Last edited by Relarious on Jun 18, 2020, 1:49:07 PM
While the enchant has been removed, they now addes less skill duration on the tree near scion. You could anoint for 15% less duration, or travel there for 6 points and get 25% less duration. Also, Less Duration support seems to be 59% baseline now.
"
Relarious wrote:
I made a similar tree, didn't know what skill I'd want to use but you convinced me Earthquake seems really good.

Here it is and it's crit-focused. To be honest I'm no expert so I don't know if it's a good idea tho. Most of my own builds tend to suck but the overall tree was similar to yours so I figured it can't be that bad!

https://poeplanner.com/ABUAAQ0AFRQAAIObLV85ivDEgrCrvqdlTb02R36E2amUhmBhUiFVLPuKIicg3D0HdcCmlwjwxJMPOlIOPLyfGJH8SxRNFHHZfIIH-OtkUsGj4mEwd1n-TjIX4Sb4E0zqGHasz373MpJ93COYb-XPrlBlp3Kp5FFQR-8OFCCXeQmWOQ6sqlnzGjiQVScv_grYvTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRbXyNuhfP1ivqW54DcAabzt5aMEEWjL9MIiPGuRqpQUtdO1670CgIWByAeWzfTs8TiDqcWqKbAHcd-OHal4T707scYWPgy7fqXTxGNtdLH8HZkzLent0RrfTb_PdaGXzb0nVCbulNfVh79FDo1HalSSygIa0AAAAAAA=

Your Tree looks very fine to me mate! There are only 2 things i would probably change here.
The Imapler Keystone, as someone said before, doesnt sinergises very well for EQ since you hit the enemies with the first weak initial hit wich would make your Imaple stacks pretty weak.

The secound thing ive noticed, is that you havnt specced much into leech. :)
I would recommend the note "Hemaphotagy" on the bottom of the Tree.

Otherwise your Tree looks cool!
"
Maloony wrote:
While the enchant has been removed, they now addes less skill duration on the tree near scion. You could anoint for 15% less duration, or travel there for 6 points and get 25% less duration. Also, Less Duration support seems to be 59% baseline now.

Oh i didnt see the new notabled on the tree! I think its worth going for it, if you already pathing to the Scion life wheel.
Yea, i noticed the change to less duration. They changed the quality onto it so that now also grants less duration instead of reduced before.

Thx for telling me, ill update the recommended trees. :)
Under your Cons list you have this:

"Lab is now much more challenging without a minute of free leech."

What exactly doss this mean?
"

Your Tree looks very fine to me mate! There are only 2 things i would probably change here.
The Imapler Keystone, as someone said before, doesnt sinergises very well for EQ since you hit the enemies with the first weak initial hit wich would make your Imaple stacks pretty weak.

The secound thing ive noticed, is that you havnt specced much into leech. :)
I would recommend the note "Hemaphotagy" on the bottom of the Tree.

Otherwise your Tree looks cool!

Thanks made the changes, I guess I'll drop impale as a whole then or maybe use dread banner for some.

I also guess Impact isn't all that great? It says it doesn't work for aoe but I dunno what part it means, is it refering to strike range? As earthquake isn't a strike skill.

Maybe not having the accuracy would hurt a lot tho but also all the dmg from constant leech seems really good with the Hematophagy node you mentioned and the brutal fervour ascendancy.
Last edited by Relarious on Jun 18, 2020, 2:28:24 PM
Hello any advice for what gem to use until i get lvl 28 for eathquake
So having not played PoE since sometime around 2012 (During the closed beta - and this is my 3rd ever forum post in that time, hurrah :D) I recently decided to fire it up and revived my ranged character and have been playing about 2 weeks or so.

Seems I joined back just at the right time for this new league to start. I was checking out some guides and came across your thread. Sounds like a fun build so I think I will go with this for the upcoming league :)

Thanks for putting the time together to build the guide, will be keeping an eye on it as you continue updates on 3.11!

Having been off the game for 8 years I'm totally swamped again with the learning curve but will offer any tips where I can as I go through Harvest!
Last edited by ChrisM on Jun 18, 2020, 5:53:06 PM
"
JoDesro wrote:
Hello any advice for what gem to use until i get lvl 28 for eathquake

1-12 Cleave or Molten strike?

At lvl 12 you can pick up Sunder

"
ChrisM wrote:
So having not played PoE since sometime around 2012 (During the closed beta - and this is my 3rd ever forum post in that time, hurrah :D) I recently decided to fire it up and revived my ranged character and have been playing about 2 weeks or so.

Seems I joined back just at the right time for this new league to start. I was checking out some guides and came across your thread. Sounds like a fun build so I think I will go with this for the upcoming league :)

Thanks for putting the time together to build the guide, will be keeping an eye on it as you continue updates on 3.11!

Having been off the game for 8 years I'm totally swamped again with the learning curve but will offer any tips where I can as I go through Harvest!

I forget stuff between every league (I've rarely played entire leagues till end), games like PoE has so much information that it's hopeless to fit it all into the brain long term unless you have some overpowered memory capacity.
Last edited by Relarious on Jun 18, 2020, 6:47:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info