Incursion Launch Success

"
Velari wrote:
You've had way worse launches with far longer-lasting and higher-impact issues. Essence is an obvious example. But this time, you're restarting the league, for fairness? Because of a whole twenty minutes? What?
I'm not saying it's a bad decision, I'm just very surprised.

Imagine all the no-life elitist racer rage afterwards if they hadn't done it. I can understand it because the messages "blabla wheelchair racer is the first to enter Core map" in the first day of living on cold pizza and Redbull, despite the fact most people really don't care.
Last edited by leto2626 on Jun 3, 2018, 4:38:28 AM
"
leto2626 wrote:
"
Velari wrote:
You've had way worse launches with far longer-lasting and higher-impact issues. Essence is an obvious example. But this time, you're restarting the league, for fairness? Because of a whole twenty minutes? What?

Imagine all the no-life elitist racer rage afterwards if they hadn't done it. I can understand it because the messages "blabla wheelchair racer is the first to enter Core map" in the first day of living on cold pizza and Redbull, despite the fact most people really don't care.

I keep waiting for a way to turn off the "Soandso you don't care about is the first to do something you don't care about" messages.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
leto2626 wrote:
"
Velari wrote:

But we don't have to imagine it. As I say in my post, this has already happened before to far worse degrees.
So I'm just weirded out that this time, the league was reset over all of twenty minutes when we've seen far worse nonsense, which included demands to restart the league. What makes these twenty minutes so special?
Since I referenced Essence, with the release of Essence the servers were a mess for hours, not just twenty minutes ( https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1718103 ) - I went to bed and hoped I would be able to at least play the next day >_>
"
Velari wrote:
So I'm just weirded out that this time, the league was reset over all of twenty minutes when we've seen far worse nonsense, which included demands to restart the league. What makes these twenty minutes so special?
Since I referenced Essence, with the release of Essence the servers were a mess for hours, not just twenty minutes ( https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1718103 ) - I went to bed and hoped I would be able to at least play the next day >_>

I think these are the new standards. We also got the odds for the lootboxes the first time ever.
What I can tell so fare, if Tencent is involved to these new standards then we are on a good track to get a better PoE then it ever was. My hopes are that these standards also include meaningful teamplay. The Incursions are flawed terribly if you us permanent loot assignmenthttps://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2152526.

Last but not least, congratulation to GGG for the new record!
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
"
Synopse wrote:
I think these are the new standards. We also got the odds for the lootboxes the first time ever. What I can tell so fare, if Tencent is involved to these new standards then we are on a good track to get a better PoE then it ever was. My hopes are that these standards also include meaningful teamplay. The Incursions are flawed terribly if you us permanent loot assignmenthttps://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2152526.

Odds for lootboxes have been public since Classic, which is the one from Legacy.
"
Velari wrote:

But we don't have to imagine it. As I say in my post, this has already happened before to far worse degrees.

Well, it is far easier to tell people that you throw away their progress, if it is only 20min. if we talk about hours...that becomes nasty. I like that they take their launches so seriously that they rollback if something like this happens.

of course, it would be even more fair if we could login and prepare before the league officially starts so that everyone gets assigned an instance at the same time.
"
Velari wrote:
"
Synopse wrote:
I think these are the new standards. We also got the odds for the lootboxes the first time ever. What I can tell so fare, if Tencent is involved to these new standards then we are on a good track to get a better PoE then it ever was. My hopes are that these standards also include meaningful teamplay. The Incursions are flawed terribly if you us permanent loot assignmenthttps://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2152526.

Odds for lootboxes have been public since Classic, which is the one from Legacy.

I must have missed that post years ago ( "Classic" ), or not understand your wording, because the only time I've personally seen the loot boxes odds posted was last year around Breach release.

---

To the comments about Incursion length, F Me. I run a crazy fast clearspeed build ( tri herald BV ) with 3 speed flasks and I'm still not able to clear incursions fast enough, or have enough time to use keys when they don't bug out and not drop.

I can't remember the last time the progress bar finished ( bugged? ), even when zero mobs were left. Not only that, but the entire process is frantic and random. You don't have time to figure out which architect to kill, you just kill the first one you see; and the same exact problem exists with opening doors, you have absolutely no time to run to a particular door ...if you have time to run to a door period ( I've lost several door chances with 5 sec remaining because I couldn't physically get to a door fast enough even with 3 flasks going ).

And then there's the Temple ...which provides a few chests to open and a whole 30 min map of worse drops than a white map clear. And this is with a 400% MF buff that disappears as soon as you leave to vendor items ..and wont return for several minutes when you come back ( Timer is completely pointless ). Not to mention all the time wasted running back through rooms because of nonsensical blocked doors that you can't know are blocked off until you physically smash your face into them, or even have an indicator on the map to remind you said door is blocked off in case you run through that room a second time trying to figure out the crazy map layout.

I surely enjoy my level 1 rooms that provide nothing but trash that drops nothing, my level 2 rooms that provide the same experience as level 1 ...but a single chest that drops some rare items or a couple splinters... and the frequently inaccessible rooms that I successfully cleared as incursions but were impossible to connect to the lower / other connected rooms.

It's like Abyss / early Breach all over again ...a complete waste of time.
Last edited by JoeShmo on Jun 3, 2018, 12:32:10 PM
Cmon seriously? This lauch You consider "worst"? Is Your memory damaged or what? Bestiary intorduced to us water render problem that is still in game.

Be real and honest not carried by emotions. It went pretty smooth for a lauch.
"
Velari wrote:
"
Synopse wrote:

Edit: Found them, you are right. I can swear that they weren't there at least for the Sin and Innocence, but can't tell how I missed that big post.
Edit2: Ok, they were given on the homepage but usually not in the announcement in the forums. They put different information at different locations.
Thanks for the pointer.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
Last edited by Synopse on Jun 3, 2018, 4:02:16 PM
"
To the comments about Incursion length, F Me. I run a crazy fast clearspeed build ( tri herald BV ) with 3 speed flasks and I'm still not able to clear incursions fast enough, or have enough time to use keys when they don't bug out and not drop.

I can't remember the last time the progress bar finished ( bugged? ), even when zero mobs were left. Not only that, but the entire process is frantic and random. You don't have time to figure out which architect to kill, you just kill the first one you see; and the same exact problem exists with opening doors, you have absolutely no time to run to a particular door ...if you have time to run to a door period ( I've lost several door chances with 5 sec remaining because I couldn't physically get to a door fast enough even with 3 flasks going ).

I don't see why there needs to be a timer for the Incursions at all.
Only allow one Stone of Passage to drop per incursion.
Only allow one architect to be killed per room (isn't that supposed to happen already anyway?)

No need to skill spam or button mash. Just make your choices and go to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info