[3.3] FOURmulaic Summoner - Skeletons + Spectres/Flame Golems, Fast, All Content, Starter [Updated]

If you look at an other build that uses only golems you will find out that it can pretty easily do all content.
The biggest problem is that the golems only work once you have all the jewels which often takes a bit of time and currency which is not always available if you start the new league.
"
Eathb wrote:
Do you think end game content can be done with Golems + Skeletons and no Spectres?

"
If you look at an other build that uses only golems you will find out that it can pretty easily do all content.
The biggest problem is that the golems only work once you have all the jewels which often takes a bit of time and currency which is not always available if you start the new league.

Yes. You want the jewels and preferably Level 24+ Flame Golems imo. It'll take more investment, but you can wear different boots and not path to Death Attunement on the tree.
Hi. This seems fun and it has been a while since I have played summoner last time so I thought I could give this one a try in HC Delve.

Can this build be played reliable enough in HC league as a starter build? At least people are commenting about feeling squishy and such.

Unlikely for me that I would be doing elder or shaper though. Not my style to take that huge risks.
Last edited by DogMea7 on Aug 13, 2018, 10:17:37 AM
You posted a 77 point passive link while leveling did you follow that as well or did you take some minion damage nodes early on for the damage and spec them out later?
Can imagine early on the gravepact is a nice damage increase?

Also what path did you took with when spending those 77 points, I did first go all the way to the top not taking the last spectre node but notice the mana is just a problem so taking the mana nodes first seems a better road?
"
DogMea7 wrote:
Hi. This seems fun and it has been a while since I have played summoner last time so I thought I could give this one a try in HC Delve.

Can this build be played reliable enough in HC league as a starter build? At least people are commenting about feeling squishy and such.

Unlikely for me that I would be doing elder or shaper though. Not my style to take that huge risks.

Yes. Summoners have been popular on HC for a while (before persistent Spectres) and it's for good reason.

I got this build to maps twice in SSFHC Bestiary and then HC Bestiary and it was a breeze both times. I died less than ~30 times when I reached 100 in SC Incursion all the while doing in-area carries and chaining rippy Guardians, Elder City Square, Poorjoy rotas, UGS + Beyond from 95-100 and 60+ Uber lab carries. I've died a ton since then testing different setups vs Uber Elder, but I wouldn't have finished #3 Necro and #1 Summoner if I was squishy/dying all the time while working full time. I had some "one shots" because I was going too fast but I didn't have the clear or defensive layers I now have. All the others could've easily been prevented if I just noped out of the situation.

You run into survivability issues going from level 75 to ~90 if you're rushing undergeared or underleveled. By ~90 you'll finally have enough points to get 7.5k life and Phase Acro or max block or 9.5k+ eHP. It's not hard to quickly get ~90. You can chain UGS or whatever to get there. If you put on a bunch of MF gear before then you'll sacrifice a ton of survivability and that's the issue I mostly see.

Dear god, I hope GGG doesn't read this and take this the wrong way, but Shaper and T15 Elder are jokes if you know the one shot mechanics. As long your gems are leveled you're good to go. I've done Uber Elder deathless *under 3 minutes* with a Tabula and a Brightbeak after experiencing it several times. Not many builds can do that. The only concern I have for Delve is if they do a massive to nerf to Elemental Equilibrium since they've said many times they want to rework EE, but on the plus side you'll be able to craft a Tiger Hook with +90% minion damage

"
Krekel82 wrote:
You posted a 77 point passive link while leveling did you follow that as well or did you take some minion damage nodes early on for the damage and spec them out later?
Can imagine early on the gravepact is a nice damage increase?

Also what path did you took with when spending those 77 points, I did first go all the way to the top not taking the last spectre node but notice the mana is just a problem so taking the mana nodes first seems a better road?

Ummm, it's explained right underneath the passive tree link. You did exactly the opposite of it :(

"
Rush to Lord of the Dead, then Quick Recovery, then down to Gravepact on the passive tree. Those nodes will strengthen your minion army and provide life & mana regen. Work your way down to the Scion life wheel and left side of the tree for strength and right side for dexterity. Get any jewels that can help you level. Start pathing to Death Attunement towards Act 10 so you'll have the +1 Spectres node ready to pair up with your Bones of Ullr boots when you finish Uber Lab. You can temporarily take Mind Over Matter for the extra eHP if you can stay res capped without reserving mana and respec once you've upgrade your gear.

Last edited by FOURmulaic on Aug 14, 2018, 6:57:42 PM
Hi I have a question. I am starting to use my Spectre's, but I am not 100% clear on how to get 3 of the Solar Guard.

I will do the desecrate spell and then I press the A button which shows me the Solar Guard. While targeted I will cast Raise Spectre and I will raise the Solar Guard. But let's assume I had no spectres up at that moment, then I will always raise something else at the same time. So I will get a Solar Guard and some other random creature that was near the dead Solar Guard.

So is there a way to just get one creature when i cast Raise Spectre?

I guess the answer is I have Spell Echo on the Raise Spectre. Duh!

Thanks for the build!
Last edited by ohkanada on Aug 14, 2018, 10:30:35 AM
You always need to remove the echo gem from raise spectre as it will indeed raise 2 spectres.
In your leveling section you gave examples for the gem setup:

"
FOURmulaic wrote:
About the build

Gem Links for leveling

SRS (Summon Raging Spirit)
Melee Phys / Melee Splash
Minion Damage
Added Fire / Melee Phys
*Multistrike
*Minion Speed / Spell Echo

Summon Skeletons
Minion Damage
Brutality / Added Fire
*Maim
*Multistrike

What does the " * " mean? Thanks.
"
YYakovliev wrote:
In your leveling section you gave examples for the gem setup:

"
FOURmulaic wrote:
About the build

Gem Links for leveling

SRS (Summon Raging Spirit)
Minion Damage
Added Fire / Melee Phys
*Multistrike
*Minion Speed / Spell Echo

Summon Skeletons
Minion Damage
Brutality / Added Fire
*Maim
*Multistrike

What does the " * " mean? Thanks.

You shouldn't have two six links while leveling hence the asterisks for the last two gems. It's up to you if you want to put your SRS or Skellies in a 5L or 6L/Tabula if you have one. It's hard to say which is optimal because it's up to preference and gear. You'll do fine with 4L gear til maps.
Last edited by FOURmulaic on Aug 17, 2018, 12:20:55 PM
Got it. Thank you :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info