PvP in 3.3.0 and Beyond

I am not a pvper, but from my experience leveling leo or his dailies, is ppl that have skills that mass spam a holy cow ton of different abilties at you, or have it where it does this is you attack them. So in some matchs, there is a guy that just sits there and does nothing and I can't touch him or I die, or another match there a guy is spamming so much stuff at you, you have no idea, reaction time, to do anything.
"
relithh wrote:

EA is fine, its just the flask.

And that, everyone, is how to completely discredit yourself entirely. Great job!
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
"
relithh wrote:

And that, everyone, is how to completely discredit yourself entirely. Great job!

what is wrong with the skill? kindly explain.
IGN : Relithh , Stronkberry
Last edited by relithh on Jun 1, 2018, 12:22:47 AM
Ea is fine, it really is just the flask. KB/Magma/fireball is 10x worse than EA.
Last edited by OriGinS on Jun 1, 2018, 12:23:59 AM
"
"
relithh wrote:

I play ONLY EA Zerphi, Without the flask, i cant do shit. This guy does not play the build ( Obviously )
With the base mana cost of EA being so hight, it is impossible to even play the skill without Zerphi... so pvping without the flask would be equivalent to play a low budjet bower or any ''Bad'' pvp build.
IGN : Teknodartio
Last edited by Teknodartio on Jun 1, 2018, 12:25:47 AM
Alright, here's a brief history lesson. So for a long time, probably since the beginning of time, somewhere around there, EA was used for its mechanic of Stacking, which is where you shoot a target multiple times, creating stacks of Explosive Arrows. Those stacks will all go off at once, dealing a fuckton of damage.

So players using EA would use this mechanic as their main form of damage, using high attack speed bows to stack arrows on players as quickly as they could. Seems legit, right? It was overpowered, so around the 1.3 era, EA had a TValue implemented on it. Single-target stacking was made much more survivable if you were getting shot at, people were upset, blah blah blah. It was at some point that a player (exactly whom is still debated) noticed that spamming against walls and the ground from an elevated surface, was far more deadly. Namely because the TValue only really applied to stacking, rather than an explosion occurring somewhere in the world. To add to this, the explosions from EA also overlap by quite a bit, creating a sort of "shotgunning" effect. Combined with all of that is the incredibly high attack speed from bows like Quill Rain, end of list, that are popularly used with EA. Without Zerphi's, EA is still deadly, and has been since before Zerphi's was introduced, and even before Ascendancies.

This is why EA is still probably #1 on everyone's list of shit that needs fixing, because it's been unaddressed for far too long.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
I know it is tempting guys. But this is the first time GGG has given PvP attention in a long time, so lets refrain from forum PvP in this thread... Because that is going to get them to ignore it again
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 9, 2018, 5:27:40 PM
"
Aodui wrote:
The Problems with EA as a Skill

1. Explosions cannot be blocked or dodged
2. Explosions can overlap
3. All 1v1 Maps, and most other maps including Sarn, are littered with places to set off explosions
4. You can set up an explosion barrier thanks to fast attack speed, using items like Quill Rain

Explosive Arrow has been of the best skills in PVP since its inception for those reasons.

It will always get out of control damage wise as long as explosions cannot be blocked or dodged, and explosions are allowed to overlap and hit the same player dozens of times in a second.

One way to fix it would be to apply some Pjur Eros Bodyglide to all of the PVP zones so that arrows can only explode off of other players.

I agree with EA overlaps and such. But it would be extremely difficult to pull off considering the high mana cost, probably 1-2secs. than again you can just wait out the few secs and he has no mana to pop you.

The only reason why it is so strong with overlaps its because of zerphis flask, it allows you to cast infinite amounts stacking insane aps. without bloodmagic and zerphis, he wouldnt be able to overlap like what it is currently now.
IGN : Relithh , Stronkberry
Last edited by relithh on Jun 1, 2018, 12:33:57 AM
EA without zerphi's easily gets stomped on by any other ranged build.
even most players with ea and zerphi get rekt easy by fire ballers/kb/bt etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info