[3.3] Ascendant Slayer/Raider Starforge Cyclone (ISC UberElder Downed)

"
bibel89 wrote:
Hello

I enjoy your build really well.

so detail information and guide was really good

However, I am wondering why my build and yours has so much dps difference.

I only change the armour chest into Kaom to get more life (mine and your build as well)

but it sill show 200k or 300k dps gap.

And also, i am so confused which start node is better between raider, slayer, jugg..

this is my first time to try out scion build.

and need your advice. Thx

my pob: https://pastebin.com/37iN8U5U (shock checked) (if use dmg full life, 120m dps)

your raider pob with kaom chest : https://pastebin.com/UQNjkHRE

I compare your POB to the "reworked POB" of mine, and didn't find that much difference on DPS if they use the same link on cyclone.

If you are talking about the difference with the POB I posted as template (with Crit Elder Armor), then the difference is primary from the Crit Elder Armor itself. With crit Elder armor, I can use "Damage on Full life" (which give more dmg multiplier than Crit Chance) without sacrificing too much crit consistency. Also, my character have higher level, if you assume same level, and put the points to reach Brutal Blade, the difference is smaller.

And you should be more conservative about checking the "Target is Shocked" box in POB, because it always assume you reaching the highest shock effectiveness (50% inc. dmg taken). You can shock even Shaper with Starforge on crit, but the realistic effectiveness is depend on DPH and the relative ratio to target's maximum life. I usually just uncheck it, as it's better to underestimate yourself rather than overestimate.

Slayer starting take the least nodes (5) to get you on the main path, but it force you to take 2 low efficiency nodes (10% dmg or 3% atk speed) on the path.

Raider and Jugg both take 7 nodes to link you to the main path, but you also get more life% on the traveling (But Jugg force you to take Warrior's Blood, which is wasted because of VP).

Here is what I would do with your POB as Slayer starting point(119pt): https://pastebin.com/7x5gTY0H

And as Raider starting point(119pt): https://pastebin.com/YnErLJkW

The differences is very minor, but as Slayer you have 2 more "free" points to be distributed as you like (which I put in Thick Skin to get more life).

Another small advantage of Slayer starting point is that you can more easily change your another sub-ascendancy without wasting bunch of regrets (unless you decide to give-up Slayer over-leech).
The build is amazing! My scion is only at lvl 74 but it already feels a lot better than my lvl 91 slayer. Well, except 2k hp difference and lower damage, obviously. Using Devoto + The Retch for some amazing speed and flask duration, already cleared tier 11 coves map, no crazy mods though. Yeah, its on standard but my gear is mediocre anyways.

Upd. - Just got my hands on lion's roar flask for the first time. It's so cool and I feel a lot safer with it. Normal Atziri is complete joke btw. Uber lab should be easy too. Don't wanna fight bigger bosses yet.
Last edited by Aer1th on Jul 5, 2018, 8:05:03 PM
hey
ı m using 4l (totem )
can u give an advice for 4l stup ? my current setup ( brutality-mele phs-ruthless -aw)
ty
"
hey
ı m using 4l (totem )
can u give an advice for 4l stup ? my current setup ( brutality-mele phs-ruthless -aw)
ty

I personally use Bloodlust as forth gem on totem setup, since it provide higher dmg multiplier than Ruthless.

It would require you to proc. bleed first with cyclone, but you usually only drop totem to help against single-target, thus the targets should be constantly under bleeding.

Just want to post to let you know Drosophila that this build is pretty damn good and i'm kinda surprised this thread has only two pages, one of the best Cyclone builds i have ever played on PoE (if not THE best), super fast clear speed and, once you can transition crit, boss destroyer too.

I have made some changes to the items, tree, etc (i tend to do this with every build) but the core idea remains unchanged, the build is flexible and lets you focus on dps, life or even dodge points if you like.

My gear and path of building if anyone is curious: https://pastebin.com/vu2eYf1w

Need to change Lightning Golem for Ice Golem, Plague Shine Jewel for another one with crit/multi/acu and enchant boots with % shock to consider the build "complete".
"
Just want to post to let you know Drosophila that this build is pretty damn good and i'm kinda surprised this thread has only two pages, one of the best Cyclone builds i have ever played on PoE (if not THE best), super fast clear speed and, once you can transition crit, boss destroyer too.

I have made some changes to the items, tree, etc (i tend to do this with every build) but the core idea remains unchanged, the build is flexible and lets you focus on dps, life or even dodge points if you like.

My gear and path of building if anyone is curious: https://pastebin.com/vu2eYf1w

Need to change Lightning Golem for Ice Golem, Plague Shine Jewel for another one with crit/multi/acu and enchant boots with % shock to consider the build "complete".

Glad to hear that you have success in customize the build for yourself, your version definitely look much more aggressive and faster than my crit version (Slayer/Jugg).

Also, crit version don't need the shock enchantment on boots(it only work if you "haven't" crit recently), other enchantment like Dodge%(after being hit), MS%(if not been hit) or AS%(after kill) should be more beneficial for you.

Last edited by Drosophila on Jul 9, 2018, 7:37:26 AM
"
Drosophila wrote:
Also, crit version don't need the shock enchantment on boots(it only work if you "haven't" crit recently), other enchantment like Dodge%(after being hit), MS%(if not been hit) or AS%(after kill) should be more beneficial for you.

Oh, my bad, you're absolutely right, will probably go for dodge or MS for more survivability/QoL.

Uber Elder down, still very inexperienced at the fight but it went well. Really enjoying this build, it's a breeze to map with and it takes care of all the bosses like a hot knife through butter!

For those interested you can find the gear I did use under this spoiler.

Spoiler

Thanks again for a very fun build!

Edit: After 8 Uber elder kills and hitting lvl 91 I feel done with the build!
I highly recommend people giving this build a try, it's very fun and satisfying to play.
Last edited by Epsynus on Jul 13, 2018, 6:47:50 AM
"
Epsynus wrote:

Uber Elder down, still very inexperienced at the fight but it went well. Really enjoying this build, it's a breeze to map with and it takes care of all the bosses like a hot knife through butter!

For those interested you can find the gear I did use under this spoiler.

Spoiler

Thanks again for a very fun build!

Edit: After 8 Uber elder kills and hitting lvl 91 I feel done with the build!
I highly recommend people giving this build a try, it's very fun and satisfying to play.

Glad you like it, and have fun trying other things in POE!
could you link photos of where to put the might of the meek jewels?
Last edited by SavitarGodSpeed on Jul 13, 2018, 9:33:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info